"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:31 am

Apparently her gimmick is absorption, she can drain opponents' energy and steal their attacks. You can see in one of the images she's using Krillin's Solar Flare. Early translations suggest she can steal multiple moves per character but don't quote me on that.

First thought: Oh, that sounds really interesting and opens up a tonne of possibilities. Can't wait to experiment with her.

Second thought: If you had any hope left for Dr Gero or Super Buu, abandon it here.

Third thought: Oh my god, her and Ginyu on a team would be totally crazy.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cipher » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:49 am

Main paragraph: "White hair, pink eyes ... Holding the key to story mode, Android 21 joins the battle in a transformed state! While being an android, she also looks exactly like a Majin ...? In addition to being a scientist with a brilliant mind, Android 21 has been involved in many mysteries up till now. What could her goal be in participating ... ?!"

That's the gist.

She loves sweets and appears to have that in common with Majin Boo, but ... ?

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 am

Whelp. Broly as DLC it is, then.
As for Android 21, its a neat concept. I wonder if she tranformed by ABORBING BUU?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 am

Here's the full spread of the big reveal (Including Toriyama's original design):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Can't believe we got mislead in such a way. But hey, she looks even hotter now, unbelievably. I'm just so happy we can play as her now. She looks like so much fun.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Here's the full spread of the big reveal (Including Toriyama's original design):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Can't believe we got mislead in such a way. But hey, she looks even hotter now, unbelievably. I'm just so happy we can play as her now. She looks like so much fun.
You could actually see this design in the background of one of the official artworks that was released a few month ago.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:30 am

Honestly I wish base C21 was playable, her transformed design is so uninspired.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:31 am

I'm also really happy we're getting a second beta. Hopefully all of the issues that played the initial beta weekend will have been ironed out by then.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Here's the full spread of the big reveal (Including Toriyama's original design):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You could actually see this design in the background of one of the official artworks that was released a few month ago.
Really? I never spotted that.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:43 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
When wee we misled? Hell, we saw thos form in the story trailer
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:44 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm also really happy we're getting a second beta. Hopefully all of the issues that played the initial beta weekend will have been ironed out by then.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
My bad, it was in one of the trailers:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:48 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'm also really happy we're getting a second beta. Hopefully all of the issues that played the initial beta weekend will have been ironed out by then.
BlueBasilisk wrote: You could actually see this design in the background of one of the official artworks that was released a few month ago.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ah. So it was one of those "look deeper into the picture" kind of deals...

Still, how could you have made the connection from that to #21? It would have been wild mass guessing at best.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 am

Couldn't avoid the spoilers, oh well. I like her design and her skills, I'm glad she has what I hoped a hypothetical Dr.Gero would have adding to it the skill stealing bit. Pretty cool, the only thing that I currently dislike is turning people into candy, that's Boo's thing. I need a good storyline reason for it, otherwise it's just boring to me.

Pretty curious how she's balanced in-game. She's definitely allures me, not as much as Hit and Yamcha but she's up there.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:54 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ah. So it was one of those "look deeper into the picture" kind of deals...

Still, how could you have made the connection from that to #21? It would have been wild mass guessing at best.
People were guessing she'd have some kind of hybrid boss form like Cell or Mira. She's the only new character we've seen in the story so far so it's not a huge leap, imo.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:00 pm

I played a few matches, and I am enjoying them so far, especially the combat system.

However...I honestly think I'll wait until the price drops because of the way Arc System does their business now. Have yall heard about the fiasco that's going on with Blazblue Cross Tag? They are making 20 characters as DLC! That along with this game's season pass being $35 only for 8 freaking characters. No new modes, no nothing! So yeah, basically, the game's alright, but I'm just protesting the company. And besides, they'll probably do a "Fighterz: Revelator" update anyway, so I'll just wait for that.

Another reason I ain't getting this day one is because I am not intrigued by the single player content. They're too basic and too low for this day and age. Just story with no paths and arcade(yes, I know it has paths but it's still not enough). I'm not interested in playing online, at least not as much as I used to. It's a shame that fighters nowadays only care about E-Sports and not actually trying to be in the middle like how Netherrealms do their games.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:06 pm

EXBadguy wrote:However...I honestly think I'll wait until the price drops because of the way Arc System does their business now. Have yall heard about the fiasco that's going on with Blazblue Cross Tag? They are making 20 characters as DLC! That along with this game's season pass being $35 only for 8 freaking characters. No new modes, no nothing! So yeah, basically, the game's alright, but I'm just protesting the company. And besides, they'll probably do a "Fighterz: Revelator" update anyway, so I'll just wait for that.
That is fucking outrageous. I would be so pissed if I wanted to get that game. That is nickel-and-diming of the highest order. Fucking outrageous.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:However...I honestly think I'll wait until the price drops because of the way Arc System does their business now. Have yall heard about the fiasco that's going on with Blazblue Cross Tag? They are making 20 characters as DLC! That along with this game's season pass being $35 only for 8 freaking characters. No new modes, no nothing! So yeah, basically, the game's alright, but I'm just protesting the company. And besides, they'll probably do a "Fighterz: Revelator" update anyway, so I'll just wait for that.
That is fucking outrageous. I would be so pissed if I wanted to get that game. That is nickel-and-diming of the highest order. Fucking outrageous.
To my understanding its not Arc themselves but the people above them making these calls

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm

EXBadguy wrote:I played a few matches, and I am enjoying them so far, especially the combat system.

However...I honestly think I'll wait until the price drops because of the way Arc System does their business now. Have yall heard about the fiasco that's going on with Blazblue Cross Tag? They are making 20 characters as DLC! That along with this game's season pass being $35 only for 8 freaking characters. No new modes, no nothing! So yeah, basically, the game's alright, but I'm just protesting the company. And besides, they'll probably do a "Fighterz: Revelator" update anyway, so I'll just wait for that.

Another reason I ain't getting this day one is because I am not intrigued by the single player content. They're too basic and too low for this day and age. Just story with no paths and arcade(yes, I know it has paths but it's still not enough). I'm not interested in playing online, at least not as much as I used to. It's a shame that fighters nowadays only care about E-Sports and not actually trying to be in the middle like how Netherrealms do their games.
There's a likelihood Blazeblue won't be full priced and adding the DLC characters the final game might be fairly priced. Also Team Blue are the ones handling Blazeblue, Team Red is handling FighterZ; Arc System Works is divided into those two teams.
While the announcement is pretty gross and there's even other details to make this worst, I just want to clear this up.

They probably won't do that sort of update because this game is published by Bandai. Expect the business model for Tekken and most fighting games currently, season passes.

I agree that the DLC is a bit expensive but it's nothing ludicrous, specially if you know how Arc System makes their characters and the current pricing for most DLC in fighting games. The new Season pass of Street Fighter 5 for examples costs 30 euros for 6 characters and while it comes with an Arcade Mode for free, it really isn't because that should have been in the base game.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:27 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
To my understanding its not Arc themselves but the people above them making these calls
That sure is one way to kill the hype of a game.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:29 pm

LightBing wrote:I agree that the DLC is a bit expensive but it's nothing ludicrous, specially if you know how Arc System makes their characters and the current pricing for most DLC in fighting games. The new Season pass of Street Fighter 5 for examples costs 30 euros for 6 characters and while it comes with an Arcade Mode for free, it really isn't because that should have been in the base game.
The Arcade mode is not the part of Season 3. The whole SFV gets an overhaul, with new menu graphics, new game modes (including the arcade mode) and most importantly new special moves and new V-Triggers for all the characters. And it's all free, if you bought the base SFV
Also, the characters in the season pass can also be free, if you play a lot, and unlock them with fight money. Stages too.

But comparing DBFZ's dlc pricing to Tekken 7 or Marvel, it's definitely a much better deal.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:39 pm

KayDash wrote:
LightBing wrote:I agree that the DLC is a bit expensive but it's nothing ludicrous, specially if you know how Arc System makes their characters and the current pricing for most DLC in fighting games. The new Season pass of Street Fighter 5 for examples costs 30 euros for 6 characters and while it comes with an Arcade Mode for free, it really isn't because that should have been in the base game.
The Arcade mode is not the part of Season 3. The whole SFV gets an overhaul, with new menu graphics, new game modes (including the arcade mode) and most importantly new special moves and new V-Triggers for all the characters. And it's all free, if you bought the base SFV
Also, the characters in the season pass can also be free, if you play a lot, and unlock them with fight money. Stages too.

But comparing DBFZ's dlc pricing to Tekken 7 or Marvel, it's definitely a much better deal.
Thanks for correcting me. My point still stands, many of these things should have been in the base game and them being a "free update" is misleading. They are giving you things with 2 years delay.

Who knows Dragon Ball might see stuff added to it beyond characters. It all depends on the public support to the game. They did say costumes were an option if there's enough demand but making a costume for them is almost like making a brand new character, so...

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:47 pm

LightBing wrote:
Who knows Dragon Ball might see stuff added to it beyond characters. It all depends on the public support to the game. They did say costumes were an option if there's enough demand but making a costume for them is almost like making a brand new character, so...
They better stick to their word with that, cuz it'd be a shame to pay all that money just for 8 characters, with half of which people will use once and never touch again.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.