"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Logania wrote:I hope they have a future patch where you can't skip Dramatic Finishes online.

I play Teen Gohan on Cell Games arena and, to no one's surprise, I run into Cell like crazy. I have to work around switching out his teammates to keep Cell alive, destroy the stage AND finish with a heavy attack. As soon as the cutscene happens, they skip it or ragequit. This happened to me 3 times yesterday.

WHY?? I EARNED that shit! Don't go Weenie Hut Jr's on me because you lost, then they have the nerve to want to rematch me. They getting booted from the Ring Match, I don't care.

If I'm getting bodied and it ends up the enemy can get a dramatic finish, if I'm at near death I'll even stand there and let them do it, they deserved it. I'm not saying everyone should bend over and gimme that finish, but take your loss like a man.
The finishes are nice the first few times, but most people will probably just want to end the match after they no longer can use the controller and find it tedious to have to sit through the same cutscene for the 50th time.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Wed May 16, 2018 7:30 pm

It's funny. I never seen any Dramatic Finish in-game. Characters and stages never line up.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed May 16, 2018 8:03 pm

I only get them usually in Ring Matches, as I get to see the other persons team, so I'll set up mine accordingly if I feel like seeing it.

People don't mind watching dramatic intros or even regular intros. But when that finish happens, no sir. Can't have that.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu May 17, 2018 9:05 am

Vegito "reveal" and stats in V-Jump

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Bullza wrote:Ultimate Tenkaichi is at 700,000. Xenoverse is at 5 million. Xenoverse 2 I at 3.3 million. FighterZ is at 2.5 million.
Aren't most of these digital sales?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu May 17, 2018 4:43 pm

So Vegito punches Zamasu in the face and THEN Final Kamehameha's him for a dramatic finish.

The disrespect from this man is insane lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Logania wrote:So Vegito punches Zamasu in the face and THEN Final Kamehameha's him for a dramatic finish.

Pretty sure that's the entrance, where he punches Zamasu mid-monologue. "Sorry, but you left yourself open there"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu May 17, 2018 6:13 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Logania wrote:So Vegito punches Zamasu in the face and THEN Final Kamehameha's him for a dramatic finish.

Pretty sure that's the entrance, where he punches Zamasu mid-monologue. "Sorry, but you left yourself open there"
I was thinking it was too, but the arrows in the scan are going in the same sequence. That and in the 2 pictures when Zamasu is talking then getting punched, he's battle damaged which only happens after the fight begins and has taken damage.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 9:08 am

mute_proxy wrote:Vegito "reveal" and stats in V-Jump

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Hey, did the scan say when Vegito and Merged Zamasu will be coming out?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri May 18, 2018 11:25 am

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/statu ... 0919518211

Tried out the event. It's better than I expected, the AI is crap but in later battles does crazy damage. The team nature of it all makes it much better than I expected, in the last fight one guy in my team was able to clutch the win with like 15% life and it was awesome. You really get into it rooting for others when you're on the sidelines, should be awesome to play with friends.
There's a lot of room for improvement but this is a very nice addition to the game.

Excellent way to farm zeni too. You can even use the zeni skills from the story mode.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri May 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Farm Zeni online, you say? I like the mode already!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:33 pm

I really hope Beerus can Hakai Zamasu.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 pm

majinwarman wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Vegito "reveal" and stats in V-Jump

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Hey, did the scan say when Vegito and Merged Zamasu will be coming out?
Not from a source as trustworthy as Kanzenshuu, but I read it'll come out by the end of this month. Which would be nice if true :thumbup: Can't wait to get my hands on Vegetto Blue in this game.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat May 19, 2018 8:54 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Bullza wrote:Ultimate Tenkaichi is at 700,000. Xenoverse is at 5 million. Xenoverse 2 I at 3.3 million. FighterZ is at 2.5 million.
Aren't most of these digital sales?
What if they were?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat May 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I really hope Beerus can Hakai Zamasu.
He does Hakai Zamasu (Goku Black) if you kill him using his LV3 Super.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:56 pm

Sorry. I meant Merged Zamasu.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Simere wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Aren't most of these digital sales?
What if they were?
"To ship" is different from sale, right?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 20, 2018 2:55 pm

I tried the new event party battle and I didn't like it.
I don't like to depend on others to succeed. Not to this extent.

Easy and Normal were a piece of cake, but hard mode it's where things get complicated.
In the 7th battle, Freeza has a lot of health and damage he does with his level 3 is just insane, so unless there's a proper teamwork (equip a proper item, know the right time to use sparking blast and tag out), that fight is just a nightmare.

I rather play the part match mode because even though the team still has 3 different players, items aren't allowed and all characters have normal health and stats.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun May 20, 2018 11:05 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Simere wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Aren't most of these digital sales?
What if they were?
"To ship" is different from sale, right?
Right, it is. But this 2.5m figure is sales. There was a 2m shipped figure a couple months before that included digital sales in the total, but they didn't say what percentage they comprised, and it wouldn't be a bad thing if they were most of that number.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon May 21, 2018 6:08 am