"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:31 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Speaking of odd lines, I cant be the only one thats floored that Vegetto has line suggesting that Trunks NOW could've given his Z Era self a tough fight... WHAT?! :thumbdown: :?
Well to be fair, Trunks was really strong end of the android saga, and getting small like he did here makes me wonder how much hes come on since then or if he's malnourished?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:10 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Assuming the datamine is correct, I've been thinking about how they could make Base Goku different from the other Gokus, besides the obvious Genki Dama as his Level 3.

Who do you think they'll announce next? #17 and Cooler or the Base forms? My money's on the base forms.
Base forms being the last ones would be better because we're talking about another 2 versions of characters that already in the game, but I also believe they will be the next ones.

As for a season 2 DLC, my wishlist would be:

1- Janemba
2- Dabra
3- Roshi
4- Trio de Dangers
5- Caulifla with Kale as assist or Kefla
6- Ribrianne
7- Toppo
8- Jiren
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 am

I still feel Raditz deserves a place as the first Z villain

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:54 am

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 1825804288
Finally a World Tour for the game. With the game getting the most entrants at Combo Breaker and currently leading CEO and EVO it's a well timed decision.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I still feel Raditz deserves a place as the first Z villain
Agreed. Feel like a lot of people discredit him because of his short arc and "low class Saiyan status". He was the first one to kill Goku, he deserves the recognition. I would love to see him in a Season 2 DLC.

Der Führermeister

Post by Der Führermeister » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:20 pm

LightBing wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I still feel Raditz deserves a place as the first Z villain
Agreed. Feel like a lot of people discredit him because of his short arc and "low class Saiyan status". He was the first one to kill Goku, he deserves the recognition. I would love to see him in a Season 2 DLC.
Actually Piccolo was the one to first kill Son Goku, Raditz simply forced the decision.

But I do agree he deserves a spot, him and Mister Satan (joke character I know, but we still have Beerus & Zamasu who are both immune to the waves anyway, so logic is already out, and he is a staple of the games).

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Speaking of DLC, i know, this is very unlikely at this point, but who know who I want? Launch. I want Launch for Season 2 DLC. And when I say "Launch", I mean, her blonde self. I like to call her by both Launch and Lunch. I call her blue self Lunch, and her blonde self Launch. But that's not the point. The point is I want her for Season 2 DLC. I think she would be a whole lot of fun to play as, and she would honestly be my main if Caulifla, Kale, Ribrianne, or Kafla don't make it into the game. Who else wants Launch for Season 2 DLC, even if it's very unlikely?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Speaking of DLC, i know, this is very unlikely at this point, but who know who I want? Launch. I want Launch for Season 2 DLC. And when I say "Launch", I mean, her blonde self. I like to call her by both Launch and Lunch. I call her blue self Lunch, and her blonde self Launch. But that's not the point. The point is I want her for Season 2 DLC. I think she would be a whole lot of fun to play as, and she would honestly be my main if Caulifla, Kale, Ribrianne, or Kafla don't make it into the game. Who else wants Launch for Season 2 DLC, even if it's very unlikely?
I wouldn't mind seeing Launch in the game, but if she was included, I don't want her being on the comic relief side of things with her moveset and overall presentation (aside from her intro and outro involving her blue side just for a cute little scene) I want them to go full force on her badass gun-blazing attacks. Although for some reason I don't think they'd go that route, for some reason...
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:56 pm

I think it would be a waste of slot, I would prefer Kefla to rival Vegetto and Gotenks as the third fusion character in the roster.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:30 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
I think it would be a waste of slot, I would prefer Kefla to rival Vegetto and Gotenks as the third fusion character in the roster.
On grounds of?

Dude's practically got a moveset built from his show fights, the games and series already gave him a moveset and from his show interactions, he could fill the empty slot of the 'counter' characters. He can bait someone to grab his tail, squirm for sympathy, then smash them

he has a moment where he tanks a blast from Piccolo and is about to return fire, which can be worked into his moveset that he's about those armoured moves/counters as his moves, and last i checked we dont have a character who fits the Kolin/Hakumen of this game

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:43 am

The problem with Raditz is that he's forgettable, perfectly unlikable both physically and mentally.
He's just a one-note bastard who forgot to have any charm unlike all other villains in the whole story (even Nappa, Kiwi or Saibaimen actually bring something on the physical and/or mental aspects).

Raditz does not look good and has a temper that just makes you want to say: did you forget to have a brain and have at least some tiny little shade of personality beyond the "Mwa Ha Ha Ha, I'm locked on Bastard Mode and I love it"?

He can be summed up to basically: "Mwa ha ha, I'm the best fighter here by far" - "What is THAT, how can they do this?!" - "Mwa ha ha, I'm still here of course, I'll kill you all!" - "What is THAT, how can it be?!" - "Mwa ha ha, still here and I WILL kill you all easily!" - "WHat is THAT, how is that possible?! Please no!!"
He's cocky when he's actually taken by surprise or panicking at every turn against opponents supposed to be way below his level.

Both incompetent and "mwa ha ha" cocky while being a bastard is a combination that he maintains until the very last breath and it just makes a character unwanted and make you say "good riddance, feel free to never appear again unless you get a major overhaul of everything you are".

If he has to be in the game, I'll accept him and even add him to my game because the skills of the developers are worth experiencing the results of their hard work, but he's actually the one and only character that I'd find disappointing to add. Not interested in what he can bring gameplay-wise, I'm interested in the look and personnality of the characters I see in this impressive game, which makes pretty much every little character in the whole franchise interesting to me except the dull, unlikable Raditz.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:29 am

Cold Skin wrote:The problem with Raditz is that he's forgettable, perfectly unlikable both physically and mentally.
He's just a one-note bastard who forgot to have any charm unlike all other villains in the whole story (even Nappa, Kiwi or Saibaimen actually bring something on the physical and/or mental aspects).

Raditz does not look good and has a temper that just makes you want to say: did you forget to have a brain and have at least some tiny little shade of personality beyond the "Mwa Ha Ha Ha, I'm locked on Bastard Mode and I love it"?

He can be summed up to basically: "Mwa ha ha, I'm the best fighter here by far" - "What is THAT, how can they do this?!" - "Mwa ha ha, I'm still here of course, I'll kill you all!" - "What is THAT, how can it be?!" - "Mwa ha ha, still here and I WILL kill you all easily!" - "WHat is THAT, how is that possible?! Please no!!"
He's cocky when he's actually taken by surprise or panicking at every turn against opponents supposed to be way below his level.

Both incompetent and "mwa ha ha" cocky while being a bastard is a combination that he maintains until the very last breath and it just makes a character unwanted and make you say "good riddance, feel free to never appear again unless you get a major overhaul of everything you are".

If he has to be in the game, I'll accept him and even add him to my game because the skills of the developers are worth experiencing the results of their hard work, but he's actually the one and only character that I'd find disappointing to add. Not interested in what he can bring gameplay-wise, I'm interested in the look and personnality of the characters I see in this impressive game, which makes pretty much every little character in the whole franchise interesting to me except the dull, unlikable Raditz.
Ok so I'm just going to dissect your 'points'

Firstly: boring, forgettable, unlikeable? I could say that about any character I dislike, doesnt make a cause for them to not be represented in a game, especially when Raditz was key to the series going in the direction it did. Raditz single handedly brought the tone of Z away from magic and monsters into space travel and aliens. He has one the most unique sillohettes of the cast with his big hair and brown armour. Personality wise, I dont see your point. Hes a hammy brute with a cowardly attitude when challenged. Kiwi and the characters you seem to claim were better were JUST cocky. Nothing else. Hell Kid Buu has even less going for him, and Zamasu is in the game with his 'I am god, I am perfect' one trick personality as well. This is not a problem as they can bring a moveset to the game.

Raditz being such a big ham, you might not like, but claimed he's in constant bastard mode as a problem when EVERY VILLAIN EVER was doing this is redundant as it can be applied to anyone. Literally anyone. You not liking him is one thing, but its not a case for him not to be here. He has double sunday, a beam fired from two hands that can be shot in multiple directions, which we dont have. He has saturday crash (a paralyzing move in several games), a habit of tanking and countering (which we dont really have, see Piccolo fight), sneak attacks (which we also dont have, because this can lead into a command counter character, such as the tail grab and smash, the ground stomping, the flicking krillin aside etc), and enough content in the manga and anime to make a moveset for him out of normals. He's got potential for a cinematic kill from Piccolo and Goku, and he can also potentially have one AGAINST both of them as well.

What I'm asking you to do, instead of tell me about your disliking a character, is to make a case why he doesnt have the requirements to be in the game, based on logic. For example, I can make a case for Paragus not being in the game on grounds he has no fights to his name and one ki blast projectile, so theres little to work with. THAT is case for him not being included. I cant argue Broly shouldnt be in the game because I dislike his character. I'm free to dislike him, but hes got the moveset potential and brings the big body type to the playing field, so he could be in the game. Me disliking a character is not a case to not include them. If it was, we wouldnt have Kid Buu or Broly.

and baring in mind your description of Raditz also fits the saiyan saga version of Vegeta (a shouting idiot who I can make the complaint I dont like his appearance) we are apparently getting, and even more so since he is already here twice over with little to distinguish him from the others. I mean hell man, I dont like Jiren and a lot of characters, but I'm not going to use my dislike of them to claim nobody who does like them shoudlnt get the chance to play them. I just wont play them all that much.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:19 am

Got no problem with Raditz, however him being DLC wouldn't really do so well, as a lot of people don't care or want him, just like Nappa and Ginyu. They could use the slot for a lot of characters that would bring in a lot more hype and sales than him, I think him being a basic add in for a sequel would be fine. Although whether or not there will even be a sequel instead of an expansion like most ArcSys games is the question.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Logania wrote:Got no problem with Raditz, however him being DLC wouldn't really do so well, as a lot of people don't care or want him, just like Nappa and Ginyu. They could use the slot for a lot of characters that would bring in a lot more hype and sales than him, I think him being a basic add in for a sequel would be fine. Although whether or not there will even be a sequel instead of an expansion like most ArcSys games is the question.
Don't mind Raditz also Nappa was added because of his portrayal in the abriged series.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Toxin45 wrote: Don't mind Raditz also Nappa was added because of his portrayal in the abriged series.
You're right, also ArcSys got into DBZ because of the Abridged series, they're all big fans. Most of Japan are big fans of the abridged series and american humor. And Broly was added because americans demanded him. And they added a Yamcha finisher because of the western memes. Where would we be without their influence. (I was joking)

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Cold Skin wrote:The problem with Raditz is that he's forgettable, perfectly unlikable both physically and mentally.

Kiwi? Really? The guy who gets off'd by Vegeta on Namek?
Now, I'm curious about who urinated in your cereal this morning to go off on this rant.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:08 am

It's not just about having gameplay things to bring, it would be too easy. People wouldn't be complaining about have "yet another Goku and Vegeta" next if all that mattered was gameplay, because these two are likely going to be vastly different gameplay-wise, but people care about the fact that they don't bring much visually. Raditz might not be a clone of another character, but he's yet another Saiyan, just with the worst haircut possible coupled with a dull-colored costume that was not meant for his physical built at all and suits Nappa way more.

Fighters in a game need to have some charm in what they are physically and/OR mentally.
Raditz is just not one of the many characters that have people going "oh yes, Raditz is back!! We can play as the stylish Raditz, people!! Amazing, they've got my money day one!!".

There's a reason why the developers put all others from their previous game but not him, not even in the first year of DLC, when they should have the ground work laid out for them with their previous game containing Raditz.
That's called "not being a sure-fire seller" which goes with "not being appealing enough" whether you like it or not.

Raditz might be added at some point for all the gameplay reasons you guys mentionned, and I'll still add him to my game.
But that's pretty much the only announcement that would make me go "oh... it's just him... okay, well...".

He's not popular, he's not appealing, and his role in the story was just to be a plot device to raise the stakes, a plot device that didn't last long at all.
The brother of the great and legendary Goku himself got tossed aside to never ever come back unlike many others, probably on the ground that there's nothing good to take from him unless he gets an extreme makeover on all aspects to make him somewhat at least a bit popular for the first time.

I wish he would be back in the story someday to redeem him with a better look and a more likable personnality, putting him to the level of charisma of the other characters throughout the sagas.
He is no less than Goku's brother and Gohan's uncle and yet right now, he's forgettable and WAS indeed forgotten for this game and probably by the characters themselves, for good reasons sadly.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Cold Skin wrote:It's not just about having gameplay things to bring, it would be too easy. People wouldn't be complaining about have "yet another Goku and Vegeta" next if all that mattered was gameplay, because these two are likely going to be vastly different gameplay-wise, but people care about the fact that they don't bring much visually. Raditz might not be a clone of another character, but he's yet another Saiyan, just with the worst haircut possible coupled with a dull-colored costume that was not meant for his physical built at all and suits Nappa way more.

Fighters in a game need to have some charm in what they are physically and/OR mentally.
Raditz is just not one of the many characters that have people going "oh yes, Raditz is back!! We can play as the stylish Raditz, people!! Amazing, they've got my money day one!!".

There's a reason why the developers put all others from their previous game but not him, not even in the first year of DLC, when they should have the ground work laid out for them with their previous game containing Raditz.
That's called "not being a sure-fire seller" which goes with "not being appealing enough" whether you like it or not.

Raditz might be added at some point for all the gameplay reasons you guys mentionned, and I'll still add him to my game.
But that's pretty much the only announcement that would make me go "oh... it's just him... okay, well...".

He's not popular, he's not appealing, and his role in the story was just to be a plot device to raise the stakes, a plot device that didn't last long at all.
The brother of the great and legendary Goku himself got tossed aside to never ever come back unlike many others, probably on the ground that there's nothing good to take from him unless he gets an extreme makeover on all aspects to make him somewhat at least a bit popular for the first time.

I wish he would be back in the story someday to redeem him with a better look and a more likable personnality, putting him to the level of charisma of the other characters throughout the sagas.
He is no less than Goku's brother and Gohan's uncle and yet right now, he's forgettable and WAS indeed forgotten for this game and probably by the characters themselves, for good reasons sadly.
And again, you just project your opinion without actually making a case, so I'm done trying to talk to you when you think the world shares your opinion that Kiwi is more popular and liked, while Raditz is a staple in the games and canon. Good day sir, may you learn to construct an arguement next we speak

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:12 pm

^ Kiwi and pretty much any other character being better than Raditz is indeed my opinion, not everyone's, far from it.

However, Raditz being not popular is a fact. Check the characters' ranking in official guides, tell me where Raditz is. Nowhere. He's not someone people like.
This is a fact, proven by developers' choice as well as countless polls and story absence. Do you want to say that all of this points to Raditz being essential?

I forgot that characters essential to the fanbase are the ones never appearing again when a lot of others do, never being mentionned again when a lot of others are, the ones left aside in a selective video game when every other character is chosen instead, the ones not appearing in "your favorite characters" polls...

Be reasonable and look at the facts : Raditz is not deemed great and probably never will be unless he's brought back to give him more than what he had, like Ginyu, Freezer and C-17.
You may think he's great, I may think he's not, but what's important is that PEOPLE, including developers and fans, didn't give him priority when they were given the choice with the many characters available, whether it's for a game or a poll.

Conclusion: he is not that valuable, which doesn't prevent you from liking him and thinking he would be a great addition, but geez, how many proofs of "he was not among people's choices" will you need to understand that he's just never what people want first! :?
Are you actually going against facts, facts that are visible in a finished game that didn't choose him as a seller and in countless polls included in official publications and guides that don't have his name appear at all in the "favorite characters" (and hardly in the guide at all while we're at it) and in the fact that there were excuses to bring around Nappa, Ginyu and others but never Raditz, not even in name, not even a mention that Goku once had a brother?
Are you?

Raditz does have the requirements for being in the game when it comes to techniques, no doubts about it.
Does he have the requirements for people wanting to have a character with a lot of charisma and style outside of gameplay, though?
Apparently, they didn't give much chance to his charisma and style for his anime and manga, so I guess the answer is obvious.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be included. I'm not going to make a scandal if they announce him and say that I won't add him because I can't stand his sight or something. I'm saying he's the one who will have some "meh" reactions for his announcement - including from me -, and it's understandable that many other characters will have priority over him. You should understand that too given what we've seen so far.

It's not wrong to like him, I just don't for reasons I already mentionned, I see nothing going for him compared to all other characters in the entire franchise. BUT what's wrong is to make him sound like an essential and dismiss anyone who thinks he's not essential, because that makes a lot of people according to actual official proofs throughout the years.

Did you ever see him in SNES or PS1 fighting games that already had to make a selection of the essential?
The manga wasn't even over at the time, going through the Cell and Boo saga, that they already thought the best picks did not include him.
He was already left aside at the time for a reason.

So let's agree that he would be a worthy addition gameplay-wise, but that the problem that makes his inclusion in Fighterz delayed or even never happening at all is the fact that he is not liked that much by fans, with the cause being, logically, that he's unlikable.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:50 am

I just hope they will be including characters from the Tournament of Power and the upcoming movie for the second year of DLCs. I wouldn’t want them to “save” those characters for a hypothetical FighterZ 2 which would most likely be released at the very earliest in 2020.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:23 am

Cold Skin wrote:^ Kiwi and pretty much any other character being better than Raditz is indeed my opinion, not everyone's, far from it.

However, Raditz being not popular is a fact. Check the characters' ranking in official guides, tell me where Raditz is. Nowhere. He's not someone people like.
This is a fact, proven by developers' choice as well as countless polls and story absence. Do you want to say that all of this points to Raditz being essential?

I forgot that characters essential to the fanbase are the ones never appearing again when a lot of others do, never being mentionned again when a lot of others are, the ones left aside in a selective video game when every other character is chosen instead, the ones not appearing in "your favorite characters" polls...

Be reasonable and look at the facts : Raditz is not deemed great and probably never will be unless he's brought back to give him more than what he had, like Ginyu, Freezer and C-17.
You may think he's great, I may think he's not, but what's important is that PEOPLE, including developers and fans, didn't give him priority when they were given the choice with the many characters available, whether it's for a game or a poll.

Conclusion: he is not that valuable, which doesn't prevent you from liking him and thinking he would be a great addition, but geez, how many proofs of "he was not among people's choices" will you need to understand that he's just never what people want first! :?
Are you actually going against facts, facts that are visible in a finished game that didn't choose him as a seller and in countless polls included in official publications and guides that don't have his name appear at all in the "favorite characters" (and hardly in the guide at all while we're at it) and in the fact that there were excuses to bring around Nappa, Ginyu and others but never Raditz, not even in name, not even a mention that Goku once had a brother?
Are you?

Raditz does have the requirements for being in the game when it comes to techniques, no doubts about it.
Does he have the requirements for people wanting to have a character with a lot of charisma and style outside of gameplay, though?
Apparently, they didn't give much chance to his charisma and style for his anime and manga, so I guess the answer is obvious.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be included. I'm not going to make a scandal if they announce him and say that I won't add him because I can't stand his sight or something. I'm saying he's the one who will have some "meh" reactions for his announcement - including from me -, and it's understandable that many other characters will have priority over him. You should understand that too given what we've seen so far.

It's not wrong to like him, I just don't for reasons I already mentionned, I see nothing going for him compared to all other characters in the entire franchise. BUT what's wrong is to make him sound like an essential and dismiss anyone who thinks he's not essential, because that makes a lot of people according to actual official proofs throughout the years.

Did you ever see him in SNES or PS1 fighting games that already had to make a selection of the essential?
The manga wasn't even over at the time, going through the Cell and Boo saga, that they already thought the best picks did not include him.
He was already left aside at the time for a reason.

So let's agree that he would be a worthy addition gameplay-wise, but that the problem that makes his inclusion in Fighterz delayed or even never happening at all is the fact that he is not liked that much by fans, with the cause being, logically, that he's unlikable.
I am being reasonable but your tirade at the start and your obvious bias mean I'm done trying to talk to you at this point