"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:41 am

KayDash wrote:Even with SSJ & SSJ4 Gogeta combined he barely have enough material for a character.
His screen time in the movie was less then 2 minutes:
https://youtu.be/mlVtQDVrNns?t=72
And he does only two attacks there, glitter punches and glitter ki ball. :D
About SSJ4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lEGiaqyZw
Well, he has 2 energy attacks here, and one of them is fake. And a gut kick. And he can kick back a ki blast.
Super has fight scenes where 5 times as many things happen in 30 seconds then in this one.

If they still really want to add Gogeta, they can of course take some moves from Goku/Vegeta. Or they can even make him a multi-stance character, where one of them could resemble Goku and the other one could resemble Vegeta. Although, I'm not sure if a tag team fighter like this really need a multi-stance character.
Incidentally, Chi-Chi and Videl have more than enough material for normals.

Heck, they can stand out with their normals alone:

Chi-Chi

Light Attack(Dial-a-Combo)

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]

Chi-Chi does two swift finger jabs. Based on this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Her follow up is a barrage of finger jabs like Tien's only her jabs pushes the opponent back instead juggling them and she can move around while doing so.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Just like Tien, she can cancel it at any frame with a special move.

She can finish things moving forward with a powerful knee strike.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Her crouching attack is another finger jab:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Pretty safe.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Her jumping attack is either a punch or a knee. Only one of them can successfully land.

Medium Attack (Auto-Combo supreme)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

An unique overhead chop. Comes out relatively fast but is easy to punish on whiff.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The universal overhead with a twist... she attacks both high and low.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

She does a straight kick that trips the opponent. Safe attack.

Another double-wammy of kicks in the air

Heavy Attack (We Tekken it here)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

A hop kick that comes out relatively fast and she goes pretty far, but it is very east to punish on whiff.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

She lunges forward with a palm strike for a crouch launcher.

A swift drop kick (dunno what to call it) for the jumping attack. Relatively safe.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

A double kick jump launcher similar to Yamcha's crouch launcher.

Videl

Light Attack

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Instead of the universal dial-a-combo, they should just have her a series of boxing jabs by mashing the L button. Her crouch attack could be a simple jab.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

A generic straight jab. Not much to say here.

Medium Attack (Auto-combo supreme)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

An elbow strike similar to Goku's only with more speed and less range.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

A swipe kick similar to #18's only not as easy to punish.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
A roundhouse kick. Safe attack.

Heavy Attack (We Tekken it here)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Similar to Goku's standing heavy attack but her's has even more range though easier to punish.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Her crouch launcher is an upward kick. This is also her jump launcher.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This is the spin kick that broke Spopovich's neck. A safe jumping attack.

I don't expect either one at this point but all I can say is both are perfect as genuine melee-focused characters for FighterZ.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Re:Making characters with not enough material work with

Why does ASW exclusively need to copy (pay homage or whatever word you want to use) moves a character has only shown? Because all your arguments boild down to "if there's not enough to copy from the source material then don't create the character", like, what's wrong with coming up with entirely new moves not traceable from the anime/manga for said character?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:40 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Incidentally, Chi-Chi and Videl have more than enough material for normals.
Yeah, but I don't think they will waste slots with them. I think Caulifla/Kefla could be expected.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Re:Making characters with not enough material work with

Why does ASW exclusively need to copy (pay homage or whatever word you want to use) moves a character has only shown? Because all your arguments boild down to "if there's not enough to copy from the source material then don't create the character", like, what's wrong with coming up with entirely new moves not traceable from the anime/manga for said character?
They don't. But with a few exceptions that's what they mostly did, and I prefer it this way too.
I'm also fine without minor movie characters being added to the game. I mean, this doesn't justifies his place in the game as a fighter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hofy8kdXtv0

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:09 pm

I downloaded Broly and Bardock and after that will probably just get Vegito and Cooler and call it a day as far as Season 1 DLC goes. I don't feel the need to get Base Goku and Vegeta and even if they do have an awesome Dramatic Finish I can just see it on Youtube. I'm not far enough into Super yet to know much about Zamasu, but won't rule him out if I find him appealing. 17 I don't really see myself bothering to play as much, unless he has an awesome moveset.

With SFV I made the mistake of getting the Season 1 Pass but only ever really bothering with 1 character(Alex) out of the 6 characters. It's really easy to get caught up in the initial hype of a character reveal and forget how much time and effort it takes just to get good with only one of them.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:25 pm

KayDash wrote: If they still really want to add Gogeta, they can of course take some moves from Goku/Vegeta. Or they can even make him a multi-stance character, where one of them could resemble Goku and the other one could resemble Vegeta. Although, I'm not sure if a tag team fighter like this really need a multi-stance character.
That would be really cool, as we don't really have a stance-change type character in this game. Hit can kinda be considered one but it's mainly for moves and not neutrals and the like. Besides a fusion type character with 2 characters moves like Vegito/Kefla/Gogeta, I can't really think of a DB character that can be based around it which is a playstyle I'd like to have for my team (maybe Roshi could?)
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:38 pm

HOLY SHIT! I thought this would be just another normal day, but I beat SonicFox!! :shock: :shock:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I just won a round, but I thought I would be humiliated more. I got nervous when his username popped up. He's really good.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Just bought the season pass and cant wait to play with the new characters. I am still trying to get used to this game. I havent done a match yet because everyone is so good and i dont want to lose.. yet. LOL
-Mark

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:11 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:HOLY SHIT! I thought this would be just another normal day, but I beat SonicFox!! :shock: :shock:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I just won a round, but I thought I would be humiliated more. I got nervous when his username popped up. He's really good.
Wow!
My English is poor .

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:55 am

FutureTrunks wrote:Just bought the season pass and cant wait to play with the new characters. I am still trying to get used to this game. I havent done a match yet because everyone is so good and i dont want to lose.. yet. LOL
I don't have the game myself, but if I can pass on what I know of fighting games, finding a match soonish might not be such a bad idea. Loses are almost never fun, but humans play a lot different to the AI that a player would spar with while going solo, so a lot of what we find offline tends to not work against other humans. Also: not only are plenty of others learning the game the same as you, but loses often help you improve much more than wins. Best of luck with your FighterZ experience!
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Lightdasher wrote:
FutureTrunks wrote:Just bought the season pass and cant wait to play with the new characters. I am still trying to get used to this game. I havent done a match yet because everyone is so good and i dont want to lose.. yet. LOL
I don't have the game myself, but if I can pass on what I know of fighting games, finding a match soonish might not be such a bad idea. Loses are almost never fun, but humans play a lot different to the AI that a player would spar with while going solo, so a lot of what we find offline tends to not work against other humans. Also: not only are plenty of others learning the game the same as you, but loses often help you improve much more than wins. Best of luck with your FighterZ experience!
Yeah, actually I did some matches today! :)
-Mark

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:45 am

Decided to get back into it for a bit. Picked up Freeza for the first time and doing okay with him, though I'm starting to think about dropping Hit. Annoyingly, all the characters I like are ones I struggle with, while characters I don't like are not only considered generally good, but would suit my playstyle. Broly would be a perfect fit for me, except I don't want to use Broly. Same with 16 and Black.

And incidentally, I don't know what Max was talking about, I've found Broly to be way more dangerous in ranked online than Bardock. Bardock is just old-mate Saiyan, SSJ Goku/Adult Gohan/Vegeta Blue in different stripes. Sure, he's good, but I know how to handle him. Whereas Broly is just hard to get purchase on since he can power through most of your attacks.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:51 am

FutureTrunks wrote:So no Jiren or any DBS characters? hmm..
Dragon ball fighterZ 2 for Tournament of Power characters that are not 17 unless they do a second season pass.

They can't use everyone as dlc or they will run out of big characters for future games.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:50 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
FutureTrunks wrote:So no Jiren or any DBS characters? hmm..
Dragon ball fighterZ 2 for Tournament of Power characters that are not 17 unless they do a second season pass.

They can't use everyone as dlc or they will run out of big characters for future games.

ok true! I didnt know they confirmed 2 yet.
-Mark

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:15 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
blain218 wrote:I don't see why a lot of people want Videl for DBFZ. I'm mean she's a likable character but she doesn't have much to work with for a fighting game. In fact, the only female characters that would work in DBFZ (who aren't in the game already) are Kefla, Towa, Caulifla, Zangya, Kale and (arguably) the adult version of the Supreme Kai of Time base on what I've seen of her in DB Heroes.
Zangya and Kale (most of her material is taken straight from Broly who's already playable) have even less to work with than Videl. In fact... the only characters you mentioned here even has a chance are Caulifla (w/ Kale) or Kefla... though I prefer the former.

Anyways, Videl could be an unique melee character based around sways, step-ins, grapples,etc.
I would prefer Great Saiyaman (w/ Videl) instead of just herself, like how they worked together in Movie 13. I loved Videl in DBZ and was sad to see her become your typical stay-at-home mom like Chi-Chi after her World Tournament Debut. So much wasted potential for most characters in DBZ.

Caulifla and Kale would be more interesting to have than just Kefla. One of their Supers could be them using Potara Fusion but then it gets undone due to the earrings breaking or them being so powerful that it shortens the time for the sake of the game. It'd be cool if it was the same move used against Ultra Instinct Goku before she got hit by the kamehameha. Y'know, the christmas colored beams
:lol:

Caulifla and Kale could be used more well-coordinated attacks than Android 18 and 17.

However, I'm not sure how I feel about so many characters with other characters as assists. It'll lose it's charm if we get too much of it.
Logania wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Logania wrote:If they want more sword characters put in Janemba lol
Janemba has more variety than just a "sword character."
Yes, obviously, which is what I mean. He actually has moves available and actually fights. Only reason Tapion would be in is because he's a sword wielder, which Janemba can fill in for plus more.
I mean, he'd just be Kid Buu with a sword. What's the point..?

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Its becoming clear at this point that this game definitely needs a balance patch before Evo 2018.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/apr ... challenge/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Exline wrote:I mean, he'd just be Kid Buu with a sword. What's the point..?
One cannot summarize Janemba with a simply "he's Buu with a sword". Not when you have these moves at his disposal (in which Buu doesn't). The latter can be used for almost anything, giving him an incredible variety of moves depending on which object he got by mass manipulation.

All his techniques are beautiful in the movie and in a game like this, you'd have tons of awesomeness because of the graphics.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:58 am

I will cherish the day A Gohan gets nerfed (hopefully). Blocking for what seems like an eternity is not fun

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Man, when is that balance patch coming? I've been waiting to use Cell when he isn't an unstoppable monster.

I have no problem with characters being high tier, but when they're so powerful that you feel no reward for victory because they're so good, it's kinda boring.

Waiting for his nerf so I can have a team of my favorite Dragon Ball characters.

Hit (Point)
Cell (Battery)
Piccolo (Anchor)
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:05 am

Logania wrote:Man, when is that balance patch coming? I've been waiting to use Cell when he isn't an unstoppable monster.

I have no problem with characters being high tier, but when they're so powerful that you feel no reward for victory because they're so good, it's kinda boring.

Waiting for his nerf so I can have a team of my favorite Dragon Ball characters.

Hit (Point)
Cell (Battery)
Piccolo (Anchor)
I find it a bit odd they gave everybody the same amount of health. Is that a normal arcsys kind of thing? Seems like it would be an easy way to balance some of the top characters that have everything. Just give them less life. Works pretty good for characters like Akuma in Street Fighter. Make Cell a glass cannon.