Predict the roster for the new DB fighting game "Dragon Ball FighterZ"

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Predict the roster for the new DB fighting game "Dragon Ball FighterZ"

Post by TheBigBoy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:02 am

I would predict a small, "safe" roster like Super DBZ. By that, I don't think you're going to see a lot of original Dragon Ball, GT or Super characters. It will be mostly Z with the only movie villain being Broly. Beerus will probably show up too. I don't foresee many alternate versions of characters either. Maybe a SSJ 3 Goku, Mystic Gohan or Majin Vegeta, but that's it.

On the sliding scale of "fanservice fighting game" vs. "competitive fighting game" it looks like this is learning much more towards the latter. Arc is going to be more concerned with creating a balanced roster instead of stuffing it with as many characters as possible. But now that I think about it, the polygonal nature of the game would make alternate versions of the characters pretty easy to do as long as they were the same size. So you could probably have Base Goku, SSJ Goku, SSJ2 Goku etc. I don't see that happening for whatever reason though.

Foregoing DLC and having everything included on the retail version of the game would be super clutch and make a HUGE statement in the face of MvC:I. I also don't see that happening.

Here's my idea for a core roster, not including any alternate versions of the characters.

1. Goku
2. Teen Gohan
3. Vegeta
4. Freeza
5. Cell
6. Fat Buu
7. Kid Buu
8. Captain Ginyu
9. Piccolo
10. Kuririn
11. Ten
12. Yamcha
13. Dabura
14. Nappa
15. Broly
16. Beerus
17. Future Trunks
18. Gotenks
19. Vegetto
20. #18 (#17 as alt version?)
23. Adult/Mystic Gohan
24. Zarbon

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:35 pm

I see most people posting all five of the main series androids as well as Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Roshi, Zarbon, Dedoria, and the Ginyu Force.

To be honest, of the androids, I think 18 will definitely be in as they need as many females as possible. I can totally see Chichi and Bulma being in as well. Maybe even Mai.

Roshi and Zarbon have higher chances based on movelist potential with their transformations. Ginyu's body swap tech also gives him an edge.

Unfortunately, with the way Dragonball Z's fighting is as well as having to make these characters have movelist that can properly represent then, it doesn't leave much to creative freedom.

This is probably the only time it sucks to have so many fan favorite characters.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:38 pm

A 20-person roster for the first entry in a new ARC System Works title is extremely generous, but the 3v3 mechanic makes me think they might go bigger instead of giving us their usually initial 12-14 person roster.

So here goes:

1) SSJ Goku
2) SSJ2 Teen Gohan
3) Super Vegeta
4) 4th Frieza (w/ Golden Frieza as an Ultimate)
5) Perfect Cell
6) Majin Boo

With the 6 confirmed, lets move to 4 more characters which are 100% sure-to-be-in:

7) Piccolo (I consider him a given, plus his Namekian DNA give him plenty of unique moves - and ASW loves that)
8 ) Tien (the game's producer basically gave him away in an interview)
9) Beerus (really popular)
10) Android 18 (#1 choice for a female character, she's in)
11) Mirai Trunks (swordsman and immensely popular to the 90s fans)

Now some characters which are 80% possible to be in:

12) SSJ Gotenks (his unique moveset and small stature makes him a solid candidate at this point)
13) Kid Boo (I'd prefer Super Boo but Kid Boo would fit with the small number of, well, small fighters - plus he has a unique moveset)
14) Krillin (really popular, and the game could use another small sized fighter)
15) Broly (I hate him, but he's popular and could be the game's grappler - however, his immense size could be a reason to NOT include him)
16) Whis (he's Universe 7's most powerful fighter and his playstyle could be pretty unique. Plus he's a really feminine looking character - and ASW really likes feminine-looking men, so I think he's in)
17) Darbura (someone to rival Trunks' swordmanship, plus awesome design and moveset)

One more slot for a female character:

18) Videl / ChiChi / Zangya

The last two slots are for characters which quite frankly are just as possible to not be in as well as be in - the 50-50 characters!

Yamcha, Gero, #17, #16, Raditz, Saibaiman, Cooler, Ginyu, Supreme Kai

I haven't watched the 70 first episodes of Super, so I have no idea what characters they could pick from the early seasons of the show.

Pre-order character: SSB Goku / SSB Vegeta

Razyos

Post by Razyos » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:06 am

People I want in the game :)
1) Goku
2) Teen Gohan
3) Adult Gohan
4) Tien
5) Vegeta
6) Future Trunks
7) Piccolo
8) Frieza
9) Cell
10) Buu
11) Beerus
12) Hit
13) Super Saiyan Bardock

Although I would love to see buff Roshi, Vegito Blue and Zamasu :)
Also I think it's safe to say Krillin and Broly will be in it as well (even though I would prefer time spent on other characters)
Spread positive vibes~ ^.^

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Here's a roster that'll satisfy everyone (of course, not all have to be available from the jump. Can be DLC):

Goku (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue)
Kid Goku
Pre-Teen Gohan (Super Saiyan 2)
Gohan (Elder Kai Unlocked Abilities)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue)
Piccolo
Krillin
Trunks (Super Saiyan, Super Trunks)
Gotenks (Super Saiyan 3)
Yamcha
Tien
Yajirobe
Master Roshi
Chi-Chi
Mr. Satan
Videl
Zarbon
Recoome
Captain Ginyu
Frieza (True Form, Golden Form)
Dr. Gero (#20)
Cell (Perfect, Super Perfect)
Dabura
Majin Buu
Super Buu (Normal, Absorption ~Gotenks~, Absorption ~Gohan~)
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rose)
Zamasu
Bardock
Cooler (Firth Form)
Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)
Janemba (Final Form)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:41 am

Here's my dream roster, of 21 characters:

Goku SSJ/SSB, Vegeta SSJ/SSB, Kid Gohan SSJ2
Future Trunks SSJ, Piccolo, Krillin
Tenshinan, Master Roshi, Gotenks SSJ3
Bardock, C-18, Hit
Freeza, Perfect Cell, Majin Buu
Ginyu, Kid Buu, Broly LSSJ
Beerus, Caulifla, Goku Black Rosè

There are no doubles of the same characters, there's enough variety and many fan-favorites are in.
I didn't include Ultimate Gohan because he would be way too similar to Goku, in both appearance and moves, though I wouldn't mind it if he's actually in. I would never put non-fighters just for the lols. It's stupid. Characters like Bulma, Satan, Chi-Chi and Videl too would be a waste of characters slots.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:44 am

My guess besides the confirmed 7
8.Piccolo
9.Krillin
10.Tien
11.Roshi
12.#18
14. Gotenks
15. Broly
16. Kid Buu
17.Utimate Gohan
18. Beerus
19.Hit
20. Goku Black
21.Goku (SSB)
DLC : #16, Vegito, Gogeta, Bardock, Janemba, Zamasu(or Merged) Jiren/Kale/and body who becomes popular in the ToP. Maybe :Majin Vegeta, SS4 Goku/Gogeta, Pan.
Longshot: Arale and Kid Goku :p

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:32 pm

Hmm...I'd have to side with the safe 'expected' roster of usual suspects, like a lot of people, though I'd bet on at least a few surprises too. If I had to guess, it'd be...

[spoiler]1. Goku
2. Super Saiyan Blue Goku
3. Vegeta
4. Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta
5. Gohan (Cell Games)
6. Gohan
7. Future Trunks
8. Piccolo
9. Kuririn
10. Yamcha
11. Tenshinhan
12. Gotenks
13. Raditz
14. Nappa
15. Recoome
16. Captain Ginyu
17. Freeza
18. Android 16
19. Android 17
20. Android 18
21. Android 20
22. Cell
23. Dabura
24. Majin Buu
25. Super Buu
26. Kid Buu
27. Beerus
28. Cabba
29. Hit
30. Goku Black
31. Zamasu
32. Jiren[/spoiler]

Or something akin to that. I can't imagine them passing up Super entirely (especially not since we've already seen Golden Freeza), and I fully expect at least one person from the Universe Survival arc to be in there as marketing, so that's about what I'd expect on that front. I'd love to be truly surprised and see at least one DB representative (even if it was just a kid version of Goku), but I'm not banking on it just yet. And outside of big, comprehensive affairs like Xenoverse, I doubt we'll see anything from GT.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)