Now that we have FighterZ, should the Xenoverse series be discontinued?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Re: Now that we have FighterZ, should the Xenoverse series be discontinued?

Post by DrakenballP » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:25 am

VegettoEX wrote:
DrakenballP wrote:God no. This new one is going to be completely awful.
Posts like this are not welcome. You are clearly not interested in having an actual conversation. If all you have is a single-line, dismissive post to make, you don't actually have a post to make in the first place.
Forgive me for being a human being with an opinion. My comment is not inappropriate whatsoever.

"God No" - "Should the Xenoseries be discontinued"

followed up with "This new one is going to be completely awful" - voicing my opinion.

If someone cares enough to wonder why, they'll ask.

Character limitations specify 10 characters per post and 90% of posters here post a single line. Single lines are in most of my posts and convey my message with proper meaning as needed. Don't limit my human rights man.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:24 pm

DrakenballP wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
DrakenballP wrote:God no. This new one is going to be completely awful.
Posts like this are not welcome. You are clearly not interested in having an actual conversation. If all you have is a single-line, dismissive post to make, you don't actually have a post to make in the first place.
Forgive me for being a human being with an opinion. My comment is not inappropriate whatsoever.

followed up with "This new one is going to be completely awful" - voicing my opinion.

Character limitations specify 10 characters per post and 90% of posters here post a single line. Single lines are in most of my posts and convey my message with proper meaning as needed. Don't limit my human rights man.
Care to have an actual discussion on why you think this games is going to be awful?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:00 pm

Considering the Xenoverse games will be vastly more successful than Fighter Z and probably most DBZ games that will come out in the future it would probably be the worst decision they could make to discontinue this series.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:14 pm

I don't see why we can't have both. A more traditional 2.5D style fighter for the more hardcore fighting crowd, and the 3D, more story based style of Xenoverse for more of the casual players

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 pm

DrakenballP wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: Posts like this are not welcome. You are clearly not interested in having an actual conversation. If all you have is a single-line, dismissive post to make, you don't actually have a post to make in the first place.

Okay, first off, how is saying, "please specify" limiting your human rights ? And second, forums don't need to have free speech.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:31 pm

DrakenballP wrote:If someone cares enough to wonder why, they'll ask.
I asked why you felt that way about the new game and you still haven't explained why. C'mon dude, we want a discussion going here. I do want to know why you think this new game is going to be "awful".

PeanutSaiyan
Banned

Post by PeanutSaiyan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:40 pm

Bullza wrote:Considering the Xenoverse games will be vastly more successful than Fighter Z and probably most DBZ games that will come out in the future it would probably be the worst decision they could make to discontinue this series.
How are you getting away with such ridiculous claims? A 20% alpha has garnered more interest and "hype" than any Dragonball Z game before it.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:43 am

Sure not, you can see how all the casual players, who play DB games just because of them being franchise adaptations pissed about the game already.
So, this game may be hit amongst fighting games fans, but not among the casual fans and they want to please both crowds, so they are trying to please the fighting game players for a change and probably see, how succesful they can be with franchise game competing among Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Tekken, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter etc.

I really love this, as it came out of the blue and love the idea to try to develop DB game, that won't be treated as a joke one button masher with ton of fanservice, but being actual competitive fighter.
We always discuss this issue here, for years, that DB games don't stand on par against other fighting games and the fans always defending them, because they probably feel bellitled by playing kid and casual friendly franchise games.
Which is just a feeling, as if you want fanservice and play a series, not a fighting game, you have Xenoverse and most of the games before it since Budokai on PS2.
You can't have a series simulator and good fighting game at the same time. That will take years of hard work, that nobody will pay for. It's unrealistic to have a good solid fighter with 60+ characters, by the nature of it.

So for us, fighters, there is finally, after decades a solid fighter (should be, it's GGXrd engine) and for casuals, that are just vocal and pissed because they have to wait, there surely will be Xenoverse 3 or something simmilar to it.
After Xenoverse 2 being such huge letdown for me, I am really happy and hyped for DBZ game first time in years and my adulthood, before it's release.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:11 am

PeanutSaiyan wrote:
Bullza wrote:Considering the Xenoverse games will be vastly more successful than Fighter Z and probably most DBZ games that will come out in the future it would probably be the worst decision they could make to discontinue this series.
How are you getting away with such ridiculous claims? A 20% alpha has garnered more interest and "hype" than any Dragonball Z game before it.
Xenoverse sold over 4 million copies, more than any Dragon Ball Z game ever except for possibly the original Budokai. Prior to that it'd been years since a game has even sold 1 million.

Fighters Z might make that 1 million but it has no chance of doing anywhere near the kind of numbers than the Xenoverse games sell. It's not selling 4 million copies.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:25 am

Bullza wrote:Xenoverse sold over 4 million copies, more than any Dragon Ball Z game ever except for possibly the original Budokai. Prior to that it'd been years since a game has even sold 1 million.

Fighters Z might make that 1 million but it has no chance of doing anywhere near the kind of numbers than the Xenoverse games sell. It's not selling 4 million copies.
But you don't know that yet. Anything can happen! I'm sure this new game will sell super well. I think it is very possible for it to sell more than Xenoverse. There is a lot of buzz going around FighterZ and it just got recently announced as well. We'll have to wait and see how well it'll do.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:12 am

No way, man! That'd be a huge shot in the foot if they discontinue Xenoverse now. They should at least do one more. And just because this is a 2D fighter doesn't make it "objectively" better, it could end up being unbalanced and broken at launch for all we know. I also thought some "real" fighting games were broken (Tekken 4).
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:22 am

Bullza wrote:
PeanutSaiyan wrote:
Xenoverse sold over 4 million copies, more than any Dragon Ball Z game ever except for possibly the original Budokai. Prior to that it'd been years since a game has even sold 1 million.

How can you possibly know that? PeanutSaiyan is also making unfounded claims to measure up to your own, while FighterZ has gathered a bunch of interests it's impossible to factually compare it to previously games.

Both games can exist together, they are different and provide satisfaction to a wider range of fans, that's a good thing. There's no need to pick sides, this "my dad is better than you dad" conversation is silly.

PeanutSaiyan
Banned

Post by PeanutSaiyan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:35 am

LightBing wrote:
Bullza wrote:
PeanutSaiyan wrote:

How can you possibly know that? PeanutSaiyan is also making unfounded claims to measure up to your own, while FighterZ has gathered a bunch of interests it's impossible to factually compare it to previously games.

Both games can exist together, they are different and provide satisfaction to a wider range of fans, that's a good thing. There's no need to pick sides, this "my dad is better than you dad" conversation is silly.
I'm not sure what unfounded claims I've made? All you need is to have your finger on the pulse of the gaming community to realize that the interest in Fighter Z is beyond anything we've seen in a Dragonball game outside of our little fan bubble.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:49 am

I personally think it should. Xenoverse 2 isn't a very good thing. The only appealing aspect in my eyes was the character creation, and even that couldve been done better.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:21 pm

PeanutSaiyan wrote:
LightBing wrote:
Bullza wrote:

I'm not sure what unfounded claims I've made? All you need is to have your finger on the pulse of the gaming community to realize that the interest in Fighter Z is beyond anything we've seen in a Dragonball game outside of our little fan bubble.
You didn't provide proof, individual perceptions matter very little.

To give an example of an attempt at proof. Xenoverse 2 had 26 pages in this forum six days into it's leak. FighterZ has 23 currently. Now this means very little because hype and interest are very difficult to measure.
That's why your claims are unfounded you can't prove them, nobody can.

It's obvious the fighting games community would make a buzz about this game, it's directed towards to them. Likewise other factions who are silent now might have been very vocal when Xenoverse 2 was announced.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:36 pm

LightBing wrote:How can you possibly know that? PeanutSaiyan is also making unfounded claims to measure up to your own, while FighterZ has gathered a bunch of interests it's impossible to factually compare it to previously games.

I have nothing against the game nor do I have any preference either way but it is delusional to think that Fighters Z will sell close to the 4 million copies that Xenoverse sold.

Xenoverse sold more than Burst Limit, Raging Blast, Raging Blast 2, Battle of Z and Ultimate Tenkaichi combined. Fighters Z will not do the same.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Bullza wrote:I have nothing against the game nor do I have any preference either way but it is delusional to think that Fighters Z will sell close to the 4 million copies that Xenoverse sold.

Xenoverse sold more than Burst Limit, Raging Blast, Raging Blast 2, Battle of Z and Ultimate Tenkaichi combined. Fighters Z will not do the same.
My point is that you can't predict the future, nobody can.

You may try, but when you make outrageous statements like how future games - which you don't have the minimal idea what they will be - will be more successful than FighterZ, game which you also barely know anything about.
You have no right to call people delusional. You're also the only one offering sales numbers, nobody else mentioned them, you created the narrative and bouncing of from it .

With all of the above you expect me to believe you have nothing against the game?

Nothing wrong with making predictions but that's not what you're doing. You talking as if you have facts in hand, which you don't.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:51 pm

LightBing wrote:You're also the only one offering sales numbers, nobody else mentioned them, you created the narrative and bouncing of from it .
The thread was made asking whether the Xenoverse series should be discontinued because of Fighter Z. I'm saying that because of the overwhelming sales that the Xenoverse game has and that this Fighter Z will not be able to match those sales (which is absolutely won't) then it would be a stupid decision to discontinue the Xenoverse series.

That's it, so no I don't have anything against it. It'll probably do well but it will without a shadow of a doubt perform worse than Xenoverse so the answer to the thread is no.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Reminder that Burst Limit sold better than Raging Blast and yet Burst Limit never got a sequel while Spike went on to develop Raging Blast 2 which sold even less.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

PeanutSaiyan
Banned

Post by PeanutSaiyan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:14 pm

LightBing wrote:
PeanutSaiyan wrote:
LightBing wrote: How can you possibly know that? PeanutSaiyan is also making unfounded claims to measure up to your own, while FighterZ has gathered a bunch of interests it's impossible to factually compare it to previously games.

You didn't provide proof, individual perceptions matter very little.

To give an example of an attempt at proof. Xenoverse 2 had 26 pages in this forum six days into it's leak. FighterZ has 23 currently. Now this means very little because hype and interest are very difficult to measure.
That's why your claims are unfounded you can't prove them, nobody can.

It's obvious the fighting games community would make a buzz about this game, it's directed towards to them. Likewise other factions who are silent now might have been very vocal when Xenoverse 2 was announced.
You can call it what you want- but it's evident that the game has garnered a LOT more attention outside of the fan bubble than any Dragonball Z game has. I am not on trial and am not required to provide "proof" - I'm mainly stating the obvious. Look at all the awards it won at E3. Just like it's obvious that the main driving sales of any DBZ game those that are fans of the franchise. Just how many mediocre games that sold for millions do you need as "proof"?

I can't predict the future, but it's off to a better start than any game in the franchise so far. Obviously anything can happen, no matter how many times Bullza says it will or won't sell as much due to some fanboy bias he has.