Female Fighters being playable in the "Dragon Ball: FighterZ" game

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Female Fighters being playable in the "Dragon Ball: FighterZ" game

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:45 am

DragonBallLove wrote:I don't and won't care what some sjw would mind about a manly roster. Terms like "sausagefest" are male hating enough to warrant my absolute despise. What is wrong with no women? Or should we stick some just because?
This opinion/comment is not representative of Kanzenshuu as a website nor the community we attempt to foster and should not be seen as encouraged or enabling for anyone else.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:54 am

I don't think we absolutely need more female characters... there are some video games with 0 male or female characters, so I don't see the problem at all. I mean a character is a character, male or female it shouldn't matter. As long as you are having fun playing the game, that's all that matters, to me at least.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:03 am

snpaa wrote:The only female character justifiable to be put in this game is 18 after that you'd have to be doing mental gymnastics to justify any other female because they have a limited skillset besides the standard super strength, flying and ki blast spam*.
I disagree, the lack of Ki attacks would make them stand out in terms of playstyle compared to everybody else. I also think it's pretty clear that having Yamcha go up against Buu with a fighting chance shows that the game is less about power gaps and more about varying playstyles using Dragon Ball characters and lore, which makes for a way more interesting game and allows the characters and their personalities to shine more than ever before.

As well, it would not surprise me if we got a bunch of new fighters included as DLC, or even free updates like with Rocket League and No Man's Sky. I can see folks like Yajirobe and Tao Pai-Pai showing up in that fashion after the core "Z Fighters" market has been catered to. Also, Mr. Satan had BETTER be a gag character in this game!

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:32 am

BrolyKale wrote:Well I'd like to have both... but i dont think its possible unless Kale has her own moveset.
First, Kale already shown something her new form, Super Saiyan Green(?), in other words, her controlable state. Also I feel from Kale more heavy-hitter vibe, than Broly. He feels more grappler. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, I'm sure Califla and Kale does not appear in the game, because of their late appearance in the DB Super. I believe, Black Arc is the last for source material. So, DLC or in sequel. ArcSys love to make sequels, that almost the same game with some new content, mechanics and story.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:39 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Well I'd like to have both... but i dont think its possible unless Kale has her own moveset.
First, Kale already shown something her new form, Super Saiyan Green(?), in other words, her controlable state. Also I feel from Kale more heavy-hitter vibe, than Broly. He feels more grappler. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, I'm sure Califla and Kale does not appear in the game, because of their late appearance in the DB Super. I believe, Black Arc is the last for source material. So, DLC or in sequel. ArcSys love to make sequels, that almost the same game with some new content, mechanics and story.
She hasn't shown anything in her new form.. if they will ever be playable, it will be in a new game or in DLC. And Kale looks like a grappler in her "Berserker" form, just like Broly, its the same.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by snpaa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:03 am

KBABZ wrote:
snpaa wrote:The only female character justifiable to be put in this game is 18 after that you'd have to be doing mental gymnastics to justify any other female because they have a limited skillset besides the standard super strength, flying and ki blast spam*.
I disagree, the lack of Ki attacks would make them stand out in terms of playstyle compared to everybody else. I also think it's pretty clear that having Yamcha go up against Buu with a fighting chance shows that the game is less about power gaps and more about varying playstyles using Dragon Ball characters and lore, which makes for a way more interesting game and allows the characters and their personalities to shine more than ever before.

As well, it would not surprise me if we got a bunch of new fighters included as DLC, or even free updates like with Rocket League and No Man's Sky. I can see folks like Yajirobe and Tao Pai-Pai showing up in that fashion after the core "Z Fighters" market has been catered to. Also, Mr. Satan had BETTER be a gag character in this game!
Having no projectiles in a game where everybody has projectiles would not be very balanced in terms of gameplay. Also I'd like to state that these skilsets we see in the game are based off what they did the the manga/anime so what kind of attacks did characters like chichi, bulma, and videl do that was memorable that you could seeing beeing adapted to the game? Cause I can't think of anything for chichi post db bikini warrior phase , bulma is not a fighter, and videl has no unique moves or specials .

I know what I said before about there being no good females with unique skillsets other then 18 and maybe caulifla , but actually their is another one and that would be decent ARALE , but I don't know if they would consider her a dragonball character or dr slump character.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:33 pm

I would actually enjoy having Arale in the game. Forget the silly gag character slot, fill it up with a cool gag character.

That means no Satan, please.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:14 pm

snpaa wrote:I'd like to state that these skilsets we see in the game are based off what they did the the manga/anime so what kind of attacks did characters like chichi, bulma, and videl do that was memorable that you could seeing beeing adapted to the game? Cause I can't think of anything for chichi post db bikini warrior phase , bulma is not a fighter, and videl has no unique moves or specials.
I never saw that as an abject requirement and more of an easter egg for the fans. I'd like to consider myself pretty knowledgeable in terms of the moves characters do, and to me there are a fair few used by guys like Frieza and Trunks that feel generic and aren't referencing any one panel or moment in particular.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:23 pm

snpaa wrote: Cause I can't think of anything for chichi post db bikini warrior phase , bulma is not a fighter, and videl has no unique moves or specials.
Super DBZ did it fine. They gave her the Nimbus, Bansho Fan and Power Pole I believe.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
snpaa wrote: Cause I can't think of anything for chichi post db bikini warrior phase , bulma is not a fighter, and videl has no unique moves or specials.
Super DBZ did it fine. They gave her the Nimbus, Bansho Fan and Power Pole I believe.
Which would likely tie her into her appearances in the Pilaf and Wedding Dress arcs, which are two of the most Journey to the West-influenced arcs in the anime!

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:56 pm

If Chi-Chi will be in, I hope, she'll get something referencing her «Kaiouken».

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by snpaa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:29 pm

KBABZ wrote:
snpaa wrote:I'd like to state that these skilsets we see in the game are based off what they did the the manga/anime so what kind of attacks did characters like chichi, bulma, and videl do that was memorable that you could seeing beeing adapted to the game? Cause I can't think of anything for chichi post db bikini warrior phase , bulma is not a fighter, and videl has no unique moves or specials.
I never saw that as an abject requirement and more of an easter egg for the fans. I'd like to consider myself pretty knowledgeable in terms of the moves characters do, and to me there are a fair few used by guys like Frieza and Trunks that feel generic and aren't referencing any one panel or moment in particular.
It's not an abject requirement but they're clearly showing a pattern with each move being copied from the manga, I have no reason believe they will make their own OC but at the same it's not impossible but highly unlikely.
Dbzfan94 wrote:
This is a dangling participle , I have no idea who "she" is because I named 3 females, I'm gonna assume chichi, but is there a game called super dbz?
Edit: just checked, yes there is .

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:13 pm

snpaa wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Super DBZ did it fine. They gave her the Nimbus, Bansho Fan and Power Pole I believe.
This is a dangling participle , I have no idea who "she" is because I named 3 females, I'm gonna assume chichi, but is there a game called super dbz?
Edit: just checked, yes there is .
Yeah they're talking about Chi-Chi. The Nimbus comes from the fact that she can ride it, and did with Goku twice when they first met and multiple times in the Wedding Dress Arc. The Bansho Fan comes from those two storylines as well, but most likely the Wedding Dress arc in particular because that's when they actually acquired it (after Master Roshi apparently threw it out after spilling soup on it). The Power Pole she's never used, but given that the first two are references to Journey to the West it makes total sense to give her that as well.

We know that Chi-Chi is a competent fighter, having made it to the finals of the 23rd Tournament and training Goten in his early years. What's also notable is that her fighting style is similar to the Turtle School because she was taught by her dad the Ox-King, who trained under Master Roshi with Grandpa Gohan, so that to me gives her "permission" to have her moves based on things Goku, Krillin and Yamcha perform elsewhere.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 pm

snpaa wrote:It's not an abject requirement but they're clearly showing a pattern with each move being copied from the manga, I have no reason believe they will make their own OC but at the same it's not impossible but highly unlikely.
Maybe I didn't understand you well, but they already established their own OC - Android #21.

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by snpaa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:33 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
snpaa wrote:It's not an abject requirement but they're clearly showing a pattern with each move being copied from the manga, I have no reason believe they will make their own OC but at the same it's not impossible but highly unlikely.
Maybe I didn't understand you well, but they already established their own OC - Android #21.
I don't think she's an actual fighter from what I understand she is non playable character for the story of fighterz , that may change at a later date but they showed no skill set or moves shes possessed like they did with yamcha and tien they only gave her name and implied she was important to the story.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:51 pm

snpaa wrote:I don't think she's an actual fighter from what I understand she is non playable character for the story of fighterz , that may change at a later date but they showed no skill set or moves shes possessed like they did with yamcha and tien they only gave her name and implied she was important to the story.
Considering she's new it's logical that she'd be kept under wraps for the usual V-Jump hype machine. Yamcha and Tien are existing and beloved characters and thus are instantly marketable, while Android 21 is kept mysterious to drum up curiosity, interest and hype (and from what I can see, it's working!). While she hasn't been confirmed as a fighter, there's nothing saying that she isn't either, and she can very easily be an unlockable character.

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by snpaa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 am

KBABZ wrote:
snpaa wrote:I don't think she's an actual fighter from what I understand she is non playable character for the story of fighterz , that may change at a later date but they showed no skill set or moves shes possessed like they did with yamcha and tien they only gave her name and implied she was important to the story.
Considering she's new it's logical that she'd be kept under wraps for the usual V-Jump hype machine. Yamcha and Tien are existing and beloved characters and thus are instantly marketable, while Android 21 is kept mysterious to drum up curiosity, interest and hype (and from what I can see, it's working!). While she hasn't been confirmed as a fighter, there's nothing saying that she isn't either, and she can very easily be an unlockable character.

Well like I said earlier I'm not going to jump the gun on this, as of a right now there is nothing to say that characters like bulma ,launch and oolong won't be playable either but we both know it's highly unlikely , the difference is that we're not going to float the idea that they are playable characters until they are confirmed.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:37 am

snpaa wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
Well like I said earlier I'm not going to jump the gun on this, as of a right now there is nothing to say that characters like bulma ,launch and oolong won't be playable either but we both know it's highly unlikely , the difference is that we're not going to float the idea that they are playable characters until they are confirmed.
Oh of course. While the inclusion of Yamcha means that anything is fair game, and that I'd LOVE Videl to be in there, I'm not foolish enough to think that she's as confirmed as FIFA 2019.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:22 am

I think the only female character who has her chances is Videl. Her great Saiyawoman form is interesting, they can do some cool stuff with her.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:47 am

this is what caulifla would look like if she were to appear in DBFZ :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVyRX5ntEcg

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu