Female Fighters being playable in the "Dragon Ball: FighterZ" game

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Female Fighters being playable in the "Dragon Ball: FighterZ" game

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:43 pm

BrolyKale wrote:-Videl
-Kale (if Broly isn't there)

Caulifla didn't show anything special, all her moves are generic so I don't think she has her chances, not yet. And the others aren't popular enough, Zangya, Towa, Fasha...
I would not count Caulifla out yet, their is still much more ToP To Run and time to give her some Cool Moves!

I would love to see Caulifla in this Game! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

MeruemEX

Post by MeruemEX » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:26 pm

To be honest Videl wont probably get in, does any one REALLY want her in anyway?
"I am the King who holds the destiny of all other species, that's why I will win this battle."

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:33 pm

We don't know how big the roster is, but it looks like they are sticking to the essentials only with some promotion for Super.

My guesses for the females would be

Kale(If Broly isn't in the game, but she could also be a cool alternate skin)
Arale (Doubt it, but I would nut if she was)
Ribrianne (Doubtful, but slightly possible)
Towa
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:00 pm

MeruemEX wrote:To be honest Videl wont probably get in, does any one REALLY want her in anyway?
I want.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:19 pm

I'd like Sniper Suno thrown in as a gag character:

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Videl,Pan,Towa,Arale(Please make it happen) and Zangya.
    As for DBS it would be Kale,Caulifla and Ribrianne because those three are important and I would like to see Brianne base form as well.

Ranmaru Rei
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:31 am

After reading some discussions about Videl development in the series, I strongly wanna see her playable in the game. She deserves it, IMHO. Previously I was kinda OK, if she's will not in. Now, I'm not.

saiyanprimalforce
    Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:14 am

Needs to be pig-tails Videl though, because pig-tails Videl is best Videl. XD
    Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/auNXDruqEb
    Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107

KBABZ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:56 am

As much as FighterZ ignores power levels and stuff like that for the sake of being fun, I feel like seeing normie characters like Videl and Chi-Chi would be a bit unbelievable, and unfortunately with the exception of characters like Caulifla there are no female characters that break out of the normie rank. It's almost like there should be a secondary rank which is more set in the scale of the original Dragon Ball. There we can fight with characters like Kid Goku, Kid Krillin, Yamcha, Yajirobe, Tien, Chiaotzu, Shen/Hero, Jackie Chun, Launch, Videl, Mr. Satan, Chi-Chi, Bora, Videl, Arale and the like, where there's more emphasis on hand-to-hand attacks than ki blasts.

Ranmaru Rei
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:38 am

KBABZ wrote:As much as FighterZ ignores power levels and stuff like that for the sake of being fun, I feel like seeing normie characters like Videl and Chi-Chi would be a bit unbelievable, and unfortunately with the exception of characters like Caulifla there are no female characters that break out of the normie rank. It's almost like there should be a secondary rank which is more set in the scale of the original Dragon Ball. There we can fight with characters like Kid Goku, Kid Krillin, Yamcha, Yajirobe, Tien, Chiaotzu, Shen/Hero, Jackie Chun, Launch, Videl, Mr. Satan, Chi-Chi, Bora, Videl, Arale and the like, where there's more emphasis on hand-to-hand attacks than ki blasts.
    ArcSys fighting almost always (if not always) have some characters that kinda break mechanics. For example, Sho in Persona 4 Arena has no Persona, Hakumen in BlazBlue has magatamas instead of classic meter, Bridget in GGXX has special action intead of HS attack, Dizzy until GG Accent Core had no Instant Kill... and so on. Videl is not big issue. She just might have something instead of ki blasts.

KayDash
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Videl is not big issue. She just might have something instead of ki blasts.
    I think that's the main problem with her, she could have something, but she doesn't do much which could be interpreted in a fighting game as a special move. She has a nechbreaker kick, and maybe she could transform into the Great Saiyaman 2 as one of her supers, but that's it. At least Mr. Satan did a ton of ridicolous crap and he works well in Hyper DBZ, with all of that turned into special moves. Even Bulma piloting a robot and using various Capsule gadgets could be much more interesting in a fighting game.
    Videl was in various games like Super DBZ, etc. but they always gave her energy blasts and stuff that she have never done.
    So anyway, with dismissing the previous wall of text I just wrote, how would you make VIdel interesting, what moves would you give her, if you were the game designer of DBFZ?

Ranmaru Rei
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:35 am

KayDash wrote:So anyway, with dismissing the previous wall of text I just wrote, how would you make VIdel interesting, what moves would you give her, if you were the game designer of DBFZ?
    Hmm… I've seen some videos about Videl in various games. If to go closer to canon, just see her in Raging Blast. In this game, she has no any ki blasts and she is OK, IMHO. First, no projectiles, it is already make her unique. Second, I believe, she can be a grappler in a manner El Fuerte from Street Fighter V or Lisa from DoA. Special button might be used for some trait or as 4th melee attack. She can be as viable as Sho is.

KBABZ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Having just said she wouldn't work, I will say that her valiant fight against Spopovitch gives her ample excuse to at least be able to take on someone like Piccolo, which in FighterZ opens the gateway towards everyone else. She's be a fantastic support character for Teen Gohan, but unfortunately we already have Kid Gohan and I don't see duplicate characters appearing in that way. Maybe if they appeared as the Saiyaman duo?

And as I mentioned above, Caulifla and Kale would be excellent additions, and are much more likely given that we have SSB Goku and Vegeta in the mix. Hmm, they're even duplicate characters...

Ranmaru Rei
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:57 pm

KBABZ wrote:Having just said she wouldn't work, I will say that her valiant fight against Spopovitch gives her ample excuse to at least be able to take on someone like Piccolo, which in FighterZ opens the gateway towards everyone else. She's be a fantastic support character for Teen Gohan, but unfortunately we already have Kid Gohan and I don't see duplicate characters appearing in that way. Maybe if they appeared as the Saiyaman duo?
    I want her as separate character. I'm sure she will work well, if she is in.

floofychan333
    Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Videl, DB Chi-Chi, 18, Ranfan (packaged in with original Dragon Ball fighters), Super characters, Mai
    "All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Spider-Man
    Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:36 pm

MeruemEX wrote:To be honest Videl wont probably get in, does any one REALLY want her in anyway?
    But Videl appeared in a lot of DBZ game so she will likely appear in this game.

KayDash
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:56 am

I still think Chi-Chi is decent choice if they gave her the Banana-fan like in Super DBZ on PS2. She also had the power pole and kintoun there which was a bit wierd considering how she never really possesed those thing, so instead, she could just wear her helmet from DB for a couple of her moves. That would give her a laser beam and a blade attack. Only problem left to solve is her forward charging flying attack, which she can't do. Instead, she could just use the Banana-fan to launch herself toward the opponent.

Just look at her gameplay, she is awesome, and works well as a fighting game character:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E13Atx90Mas
    She can even throw Ox King's oversized axe as a super move :D

KBABZ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:31 am

KayDash wrote:Only problem left to solve is her forward charging flying attack, which she can't do.
    If Gohan is behind her opponent, Chi-Chi can do anything.

Also, while watching some clips of The Final Chapters today, I found that Chi-Chi was Gotens sparring partner while Gohan was in school! Considering how strong Goten is, I think that gives her a window to be competitive with the rest of the lineup as well.

KayDash
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:41 am

KBABZ wrote:
    KayDash wrote:Only problem left to solve is her forward charging flying attack, which she can't do.

Also, while watching some clips of The Final Chapters today, I found that Chi-Chi was Gotens sparring partner while Gohan was in school! Considering how strong Goten is, I think that gives her a window to be competitive with the rest of the lineup as well.
    This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wke79QTqUJg :mrgreen:
    We shouldn't dwell too deep into canonical strenght of the characters when it comes to fighting games anyway. Capcom games have Phoenix Wright fighting with Thanos and such. It's all fine, until all the of the characters contribute something unique into the game, and not just shoto-clones or something.

KBABZ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:12 am

KayDash wrote:
    KBABZ wrote:

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wke79QTqUJg :mrgreen:
    We shouldn't dwell too deep into canonical strenght of the characters when it comes to fighting games anyway. Capcom games have Phoenix Wright fighting with Thanos and such. It's all fine, until all the of the characters contribute something unique into the game, and not just shoto-clones or something.
    Ooo! Okay, a Kaio-ken-style dash forward with a strong right hook to the opponent!