OG Dragon Ball in Dragon Ball: FighterZ

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

OG Dragon Ball in Dragon Ball: FighterZ

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:34 am

How about Master Roshi, Chi-Chi, and King Piccolo for OG Dragon Ball representation?

King Piccolo can fly so he'd feel right at home plus he can do wind blasts and spawn his various children. He's got a good amount of unique moves. You may say he'd just be a weaker Piccolo but he has stuff his son doesn't have.

Chi-Chi can be like the Chun-Li/Ling Xiaoyu of the game since her general fighting style distinctly resembles Tai-Chi. Fast and agile (like triple jumps and wall jumps) but relatively low damage output. She can also rock the Power Pole and Bansho Fan like in Super Dragon Ball Z along with the Nimbus cloud.

Master Roshi's got tons of unique techniques to work with and he's a straight OG. Generally slow but can do great damage and is fast in short bursts. He can do the Drunken fist for mix-ups, Lightning Flash Surprise to stun opponents, and he goes Max Power for his Kamehameha ultimate.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: OG Dragon Ball in Dragon Ball: FighterZ

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:21 pm

DB was always overshadowed by DBZ. I doubt that now Super is the new thing they will care about it.

Roshi can make the cut because he's has been on the frontlines again since ROF Movie.
Piccolo Daimao and Chichi I doubt it. Satan has much more chances than them.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Funny enough, Producer Tomoko Hiroki made this statement in a interview when talking about the the potential roster of the FighterZ:
"It could destroy the image of Dragon Ball if, for example, a weak character could destroy Goku,"
To see the full interview, go here.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Funny enough, Producer Tomoko Hiroki made this statement in a interview when talking about the the potential roster of the FighterZ:
"It could destroy the image of Dragon Ball if, for example, a weak character could destroy Goku,"
Destroy the image of Dragon Ball is a little dramatic, but I like the way she thinks.
Will there be content from Dragon Ball Super in the game?
This is just the first announcement so we can’t reveal that yet. But, we can say we are choosing characters so a broad generation of fans will be satisfied. Please look forward to future announcements.
Asking the important questions!
Who is your favorite character?
Gohan. I recently had a daughter and she is two years old. As I watch her grow up it reminds me of Gohan. He’s smart and strong, maybe not as strong in the recent episodes, but he’s tough.
I love her.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Funny enough, Producer Tomoko Hiroki made this statement in a interview when talking about the the potential roster of the FighterZ:
That never stopped any of the video games in the past where you could beat anyone with anyone with the right skill. Sounds like shes just saying that as an excuse to not tel us anything.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Apologies to Mercenary Tao fans, he won't be in the game. It is confirmed.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
That never stopped any of the video games in the past where you could beat anyone with anyone with the right skill. Sounds like shes just saying that as an excuse to not tel us anything.
It's probably like you said, but if it isn't she basically confirmed that the game is not a fighting game. Seriously, if I can't beat any character with another then this isn't a true fighting and we have all been fooled.

Hopefully she's talking about stats distribution, some characters are tanks, other are in-balanced towards special attacks, etc...

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:27 pm

LightBing wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

It's probably like you said, but if it isn't she basically confirmed that the game is not a fighting game. Seriously, if I can't beat any character with another then this isn't a true fighting and we have all been fooled.

Hopefully she's talking about stats distribution, some characters are tanks, other are in-balanced towards special attacks, etc...
To be fair she said destroy? So maybe that can be taken in a different context than beat.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:01 am

I would like to see Kid Goku making it in. As for other DB characters, we could get Tenshinan and Muten Roshi.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:59 am

I wouldn't count on OG Dragon Ball getting any love unfortunately.