Dragon Ball Online Artbook

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Dragon Ball Online Artbook

Post by worldmonsters » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Hey everyone. I see a lot of images coming from a book of some kind of Dragon Ball Online. Like these:

or

or

Does this mean there's a Dragon Ball Online Artbook around?? If so, what's it called and is there a way to purchase it? :o I love the Dragon Ball Online artstyle and how varied the game is and I would love to see more if there is any :o

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball Online Artbook

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:37 pm

These specifically come from a Taiwanese guide book. TDC (maybe owns it?) and/or Herms (definitely owns it) can probably give a little more info on it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:36 pm

It is not an artbook or story guidebook but a guidebook for the actual MMO. The artwork that is present in the game is relatively few and sporadically placed throughout the book. Most of it is in-game screenshots and paragraphs which detail how to complete the early quests in the game. I got mine from Amazon awhile ago but the page was taken awhile ago.

I don't know if you can still find it anywhere other than like a video game based second hand Taiwanese bookstore. But I'm sure that isn't a real thing because I just made that up for this post.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:37 pm

Hmmm that's still okay, though I think. Honestly I already found it and ordered it :D There was only one left in stock though :D

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am

Out of curiosity: does this book have any other Toriyama's artworks other than the three posted above?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:48 am

emperior wrote:Out of curiosity: does this book have any other Toriyama's artworks other than the three posted above?
Definitely! However I am unsure if it's actually Toriyama artwork :o Or just people imitating his style, because there is A LOT of artwork for this game :o Not all in this book though, but still, I mean have you SEEN the amount of variation on just Saibaimen alone???

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:16 pm

worldmonsters wrote:
emperior wrote:Out of curiosity: does this book have any other Toriyama's artworks other than the three posted above?
Definitely! However I am unsure if it's actually Toriyama artwork :o Or just people imitating his style, because there is A LOT of artwork for this game :o Not all in this book though, but still, I mean have you SEEN the amount of variation on just Saibaimen alone???
Yeah I've seen many artworks from DBO (there's a thread on Kanzenshuu full of them, and I also saw Toriyama's design for Mira and Towa somewhere) and many definitely resemble Toriyama's new style, but I could tell just from the way muscles were drawn that they weren't from Toriyama.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical