Would you want a BT4?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Would you want a BT4?

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:42 pm

I know some of the characters shared ultimate attacks etc but I absolutely loved the roster size that the game boasted and I feel that with all of the new characters that Super has introduced, that in theory a BT4 would be the best way to get them all.

Before we had 5 v 5 matches which were always awesome, with it we could basically make our own Tournament of Power match ups.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Re: Would you want a BT4?

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:35 pm

While it may be interesting to see a BT4 on PS4

But.... it would be excruciating work for whoever would be the developer team

They can't just start off of BT3

The dev team would have to work from stratch and working relentlessly to even give us a roster bigger then BT3 plus making every playable character as unique as possible to avoid many "clones"

So best to say is that BT4 is not gonna happen

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:23 pm

I think Spike is done for good with DB games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:57 am

No I wouldn't, that series is done. We have Xenoverse now and it's much better than Tenkaichi ever was, it still has problems though which can be fixed with more games.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:28 am

No, let the Sparking! series rest.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:25 pm

I would but then again it wouldn't be BT because it would have different graphics and the roster would probably be less than BT 1. They already are cutting out Cells forms in such in the Xenoverse games. I'm not too fond of Xenoverse its just rehashing and giving the characters red eyes or a dark mode. I love time traveling but I'd rather go into early Dragon Ball instead of revisiting Vegeta, Freeza, Boo and Cell over and over. I think they are letting Super dub a few more arcs before doing X3. I dunno, I guess i like the traditional story games like Buu's Fury and GT transformation that follows the story and has what ifs of the movies on the side. Raging Blast 2 deserves a sequel in my opinion. If they'd do the story with character and dialog with cutscenes from early DB to Super with GT on the side that'd be great. Of course it'd take 3 or 4 games to do it.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:00 pm

if ends up having more characters than BT3 then yes, also would like something new in the history mode ala Xenoverse even though if it was just the original Dragon Ball history i won't mind as long as we have all those characters plus the new ones and of course Super history now being part of the game too.

However i like Xenoverse and i'll not be against the upcoming games of this series to put more characters as it goes and eventually not need to bring back BT for that, now i think Xenoverse 3 it's gonna be the last one of the series like i don't see them going with 4, 5 and so on, for my part it would be cool because i like Xenoverse but idk it's too early to wonder about that anyway.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:05 pm

No. But that's mainly due to how burned out I am on 3D Dragon Ball fighting games as a whole. And besides, we already got Budokai Tenkaichi 4... and it was Dragon Ball: Raging Blast.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:20 pm

It depends a lot, you know. If it follows Xenoverse's path then it's all good. If not, if the game is all about fighting without adding anything interesting, without any new and good content like Xenoverse does, if the game isn't even based on Dragon Ball Online then no. There wouldn't be a reason for a Budokai Tenkaichi 4 to exist.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Bullza wrote:No I wouldn't, that series is done. We have Xenoverse now and it's much better than Tenkaichi ever was, it still has problems though which can be fixed with more games.
It's quite different, isn't it? I have to admit I haven't played Xenoverse too much. The mmo part annoyed me too much, but I guess that's fixed with the wii u version?

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:15 pm

I'd accept it if they just use the same engine as before and just upgrade the graphics and add new characters. Raging Blast 2 was cool, but man is it stiff and a little wonky feeling in comparison.

I'd also easily take a Tenkaichi Collection.