Ways to make characters you want work in "Dragon Ball FighterZ"

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Ways to make characters you want work in "Dragon Ball FighterZ"

Post by simtek34 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Leave more if you like!

Kid Son Goku:

Better with more up close melee attacks, not that well with Ki attacks. Can fly using tail for 15 seconds at a time (Rather do that than Kint-on). Can get far reach on attacks by extending the Nyoi-bo foreward

Special/Super/Ultimate/Meteor Attacks (Whatever Its Called Now)

Janken Attack (Paper Scissors Rock)
Penetrate!/Super Dragon Fist/Whatever the Games Call It Now
Kamehame-ha

Costume Colors
Orange
Blue
Red

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Ways to make characters you want work in "Dragon Ball FighterZ"

Post by TheAmericanDream » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:39 am

Tenshinhan

Okay, I don't like to theory fighter TOO much, but the wait for this game is just SO long and I REALLY want Tenshinhan in FighterZ. I don't want to over hype myself by thinking Ten will play one way and he ends up really different, but I have faith if he gets in ArcSys will work their magic. He has such a big tool kit of techniques you could work with and after seeing how unique Piccolo and Kuririn seem, I have a lot of hope for everyone's favorite 3 Eyed Cowboy

Anyway, Ten's great, here's how I think he might play:

Tenshinhan Moveset
Tenshinhan would be mid size/speed rush down (melee) based character who applies corner pressure with grabs and hard hitting normal attacks. He lacks good damage but has a lot of combo potential and the Taiyoken to stun opponents. He lacks ranged attacks outside of the Dodonpa who is slow to start up but locks down enemies from a far so he can get in close. couple him with a ranged assist character so he can cover these weaknesses.

Special moves

MachineGun Fist A Command Grab (Risky Dash grab, corner carry elbow into rapid punches)
VolleyBall Fist A Chain combo special (Multiple inputs), strike low, launcher, spike down at an angle 3 parts
Dodonpa (slow but powerful ki blast, his only full screen move, air version hits hits down)
Ki Counter Stance (take only blue damage, reflects ki specials/level supers back at opponent) Like when he repelled the Kamehameha
Knee Drop (air only special kick with a follow up into a devastating knee drop attack. Gives a hard knock down, if this game has those)
Taiyoken (Solar Flare) Circular area of light causes brief stun animation to the opponent from mid range.
Chaozu Assist (holds opponent in place)(either this or Taiyoken could be his partner assist when he's switched out)

Supers/Meteo Combos
Level 1 Kikoho (air okay, aims downward, hits OTG)
Level 3 Shin Kikoho (level 4,5 ,6 7 adds hits and damage,drains life and stuns Tenshinhan)
Level 3 Multiform Eye beam ( A cinematic combo ending with 4 Tenshinhan's firing eye beams)
Level 1 Multiform mode (2-4 Tenshinhan’s works like Zero’s super, clones take damage)

Alternate Super Combo Ideas:

Wake Up (from a knock down) Level 3 Super "Final Kikoho" (reduces Tenshinhan's HP and stuns him briefly)
4 Arms Technique a cinematic Level 1 or Level 3 Combo Super ( I doubt they'll use this technique sadly but would love to see it)

And also there's those grappling arm moves he did during Resurrection of F now too, this man is a beast so there's a lot they have to work with should they chose to push for "Unique Tenshinhan in our roster" So yea feedback or ideas for this would be cool to see, I'm mostly curious how close to being on the same page with this character I am.

Side note:
Costume/Character Intro

I'd prefer him in his Original/22nd Budokai/Saiyan Arc design with Black/Purple Pants alts to homage his manga and Chaozu colors. But I'd take his Resurrection of F outfit too if 4 Arms is truly off the table. Does anyone know what a good Tenshinhan intro animation would be? Cause I've honestly not been able to figure out what would look iconic for him besides his stance when fighting Goku in the 22nd Tournament. So far the character intros all have a lot of presence visual flare to them but Tenshinhan I'm kinda not sure what the "obvious" intro/win pose for him is.

I just realized this, but I apologize if this was a thread for "characters most people don't think can work in FighterZ" instead of "insert how you want your favorite character work"