Is there a team aiming to remake and revamp Dragon Ball Online?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Is there a team aiming to remake and revamp Dragon Ball Online?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 pm

I really loved playing DBO but right now the only two projects concerning the game are only aiming to remake it. (That and they're also a tad bit incompetent) and aside from that, I don't like the Xenoverse franchise.

Is there some other team (it doesn't matter if they're official or not) attempting to rebuild DBO with the content from Dragonball, Z, and Super?
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is there a team aiming to remake and revamp Dragon Ball Online?

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:49 pm

The teams in question have to rebuild Online into a functioning state before any type of content could be added.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:The teams in question have to rebuild Online into a functioning state before any type of content could be added.
You mean Global and Revelations?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:53 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Kanassa wrote:The teams in question have to rebuild Online into a functioning state before any type of content could be added.
Yup. If anyone ever wanted to develop any type of functioning additions to the game, the game would have to be back in a stable state.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Kanassa wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:
Yup. If anyone ever wanted to develop any type of functioning additions to the game, the game would have to be back in a stable state.
Those are the two "incompetent" teams I'm talking about. Last time I checked about them they both aimed to just fix up Online and put it in English.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:02 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote: You mean Global and Revelations?
Those are the two "incompetent" teams I'm talking about. Last time I checked about them they both aimed to just fix up Online and put it in English.
Their aim is to fix up Online, add in and complete cut content and then see where it goes.

Kanassa wrote:

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Yup. If anyone ever wanted to develop any type of functioning additions to the game, the game would have to be back in a stable state.
Their aim is to fix up Online, add in and complete cut content and then see where it goes.
Revelations doesn't even have a game out yet and Global was supposed to be in beta years ago. And they still don't have the earlier quest in English.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:16 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote: Those are the two "incompetent" teams I'm talking about. Last time I checked about them they both aimed to just fix up Online and put it in English.
Revelations doesn't even have a game out yet and Global was supposed to be in beta years ago. And they still don't have the earlier quest in English.
And? Rebuilding an MMO is monstrous task.

Kanassa wrote:

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:47 pm

Kanassa wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Their aim is to fix up Online, add in and complete cut content and then see where it goes.
And? Rebuilding an MMO is monstrous task.
It is. But compared to other MMO projects I've seen (quite a few that are non-profit) they're a bit low in development and community. And Daneos throwing perma bans at everyone that ask why his game is delayed or why he deleted the shoutbox isn't helping either. I'd almost say they were worse than revelations if it wasn't for the fact that the project was produced earlier than Global yet hasn't had anything regarding any sort of release in forever.

They're not bad projects. They're just not fit for DBO.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Aside from the ones already mentioned, no one else is trying to bring Dragon Ball Online back as far as I know.

I really don't see/find a reason to dislike Xenoverse, seeing how the games add to this franchise but anyway. There's also Super Dragon Ball Heroes working with stuff based on/taking inspiration from Dragon Ball Online. Also, I wouldn't call them "incompetent", but I admit they're working so slowly on Dragon Ball Online "Global"... I even stopped playing because there's not much in there yet, I'm just waiting for years in order to finally play it like good old times.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Grimlock wrote: I really don't see/find a reason to dislike Xenoverse.
You mean besides that how XV handled stamina is probably the worst executed mechanic in DB fighting game history (barring Ultimate Tenkaichi)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Yeah, of course. Aside from minimal details, Xenoverse is a relief in the history of Dragon Ball games and it contributes to this franchise.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Grimlock wrote:
I really don't see/find a reason to dislike Xenoverse
The first one was just "meh". The only thing going for it was the fact that it was original(ish). The sequel however is what I like to call "overpriced DLC". The content in 2 wasn't all that and the stuff like transformations (Humans get the pole and Nimbus, Majins are now in Kid Buu's form and Saiyans still don't have spiky hair/all of them looking like SSJ3 Goku? Ew. Even Ultimate Tenkaichi got that right) and the combat was extremely underdeveloped. Of course I'm not a reliable ranter due to the lack of MMO elements but that still doesn't stop me from seeing the amount of wasted potential the game had. I honestly don't expect the third game to be any different either.