Is there a game/fangame of DBZ that goes through the entire story?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Is there a game/fangame of DBZ that goes through the entire story?

Post by Xeztin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:37 am

Basically, is there a game or some kind of sprite-side scrolling RPG game for PC that actually has a story to it? Mugen DBZ is fun and all but it's always fighting and no story. Wheter its fan made or official doesn't matter. if not could there possibly be a fan made one somone is working on?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: Is there a game/fangame of DBZ that goes through the entire story?

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:43 am

Xeztin wrote:Basically, is there a game or some kind of sprite-side scrolling RPG game for PC that actually has a story to it? Mugen DBZ is fun and all but it's always fighting and no story. Wheter its fan made or official doesn't matter. if not could there possibly be a fan made one somone is working on?
Emulation is your friend, considering that in this day, most of the DBZ RPGs for the NES, SNES and DS have seen fan-translated English text patches, if you do some digging.

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:17 am

The Legacy trilogy of course!!!

For GBA

Legacy of Goku
Legacy of Goku II
Buu's Fury

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:03 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:The Legacy trilogy of course!!!

For GBA

Legacy of Goku
Legacy of Goku II
Buu's Fury
Legacy of Goku 1 omits a lot of details, LOG2 and LOG3 were for the most part the entire story.
There is no game to my knowledge that is a faithful RPG "that doesn't omit any parts of the story"

Check the Japanese game development community, especially around 1995-2003 there were fan games that covered sagas.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Yeah I've always wanted someone to compile a list of games you could jump to to experience the story in the most complete way. Like i think you would start with budokai 1 for the piccolo raditz fight. You would jump to infinite world heaps as well for those mini games.