Reasons why 17 should be playable in "FighterZ"

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lapislettuce
Banned

Re: Reasons why 17 should be playable in "FighterZ"

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:13 am

KorgDTR2000 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: I did you just ignored it and decided to act salty.
You never did.

A vocal minority of fanboys wanting #17 in the game isn't a reason to put him in.
Why shouldn't he be in the game ? a vocal minority of salty people isn't a reason to not put him in. :)

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:00 am

These Facebook links you keep using expire after a few days.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:05 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:Why shouldn't he be in the game ?
Because FighterZ is a competitive fighter. Unlike Dragon Ball Simulators (Xenoverse, Tenkaichi, Raging Blast) whose only criteria for the roster was popularity, in competitive fighters you need to take into account the uniqueness of the playstyle the character has. The balance between those two criteria (popularity and playstyle) becomes even more important when the roster simply isn't big enough.

17's playstyle (heck, his very design) is quite similar to 18's. The only thing he displayed that she didn't was his barrier, and that's used by Perfect Cell in the same game. With 18 and Perfect Cell in the game, 17 has little to offer in terms of something new. So the only thing going for him is popularity, which really isn't anything to crow about.

Look at it this way: I would love to see Cooler in this game. However, I understand his chances of being included in the roster are next to zip. He looks like Frieza, he fights like Frieza and he isn't nearly as popular as Frieza. There is literally no reason to include Cooler in the roster unless some of the devs are die-hard fans of his.

Gero (or 19), on the other hand, is even LESS popular than 17 (the way I see it). However, his playstyle is truly unique. His health and ki absorption attacks - if utilized cleverly by the devs - can make a truly table-turning glass cannon kind-of character. His presence will immediately make the roster and the game a lot more interesting than just adding a character who isn't unique or popular enough to warrant a slot in the game. His chances, as a result, are bigger than 17's of being in the game.

I explained to you my logic and answered your question.

Now answer my question: What can 17 offer to the game when 18 and Perfect Cell are already included in the roster?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:Why shouldn't he be in the game ?

Now answer my question: What can 17 offer to the game when 18 and Perfect Cell are already included in the roster?
They could have made his movesets different from 18's it shouldn't be that hard considering they did it for ssb Goku and ssb Vegeta, he has a lot to offer if they go by anime and canon material where 17 and 18 never fought together or alike. but yeah they screwed him over and made him fight like 18 and even gave her his barrier which is something she doesn't have.
PS Gero and 19 are MUCH less popular than 17 even 16 is.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Lapislettuce wrote: Why shouldn't he be in the game ? a vocal minority of salty people isn't a reason to not put him in. :)
Except that's not how it works. #17 needs a reason to be in the game, not a reason to not be in the game. Putting a character in the game costs money. If there isn't a reason to have the character in they don't put him in. The devs don't start with a draft roster of every character ever and trim out the unworthy, this isn't Xenoverse.