Shin Butoden vs Ultimate Battle 22

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MaskedRider
Banned

Shin Butoden vs Ultimate Battle 22

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:15 am

I discovered Shin Butoden's existence today and wanted to know how it is in comparison to UB22 because I cannot find any comparison except one video in Spanish that I do not understand. I'm reading comments that SB is better than UB22 in every department while other comments are saying UB22 is better. Anyone mind shedding light on me on this?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Shin Butoden vs Ultimate Battle 22

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Shin Butoden is better in essentially every way. It reintroduces the split-screen from the older Butoden games, for starters. The addition of "Mr. Satan Mode" (where you bet on fights and attempt to interrupt them by throwing bananas and such) actually gives you something to do beyond the clunky fighting, and it's just an all-around kinda cool expansion on the #18/Satan story from the tournament and movie 11.

Only real downside is the opening sequence which is a horrible trippy reinterpretation of the original Ultimate Battle 22 opening.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Running Wild

Re: Shin Butoden vs Ultimate Battle 22

Post by Running Wild » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:33 pm

It's basically a prettier Ultimate Battle 22 in terms of Ki effects, background art and presentation.

However, Ultimate Battle 22 actually allows legit combo's, from what I played of Shin Butoden, it's a lot more limited. Most moves knock back the opponent super far so you can't get as crazy as UB22 allows.