Do you there's a chance to revive Dragon Ball Online?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Do you there's a chance to revive Dragon Ball Online?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:09 pm

It wasn't really a bad game and lasted really long for an MMO in its' situation. With a revamp and the content from Heroes and Super stuffed in there I believe it could finally kill Xenoverse. With enough popularity do you think we'd be able to convince Bandai to invest their time in remaking Online?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Do you there's a chance to revive Dragon Ball Online?

Post by Grimlock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:46 am

Does an MMO ever return after being shut down? Never heard it before, so I'd say there's no chance at all for that to happen. Also, with its content being used in other media, I'm pretty sure that actually is an "excuse" for any developer not to bring Dragon Ball Online back.

And what "kill Xenoverse" is about? Is there something wrong with it?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:42 pm

I'm just disappointed that DBO died so quickly after all these long teases with scans, trailers and hype. I'd love to play it (officially) again. And I bet that in the current era of DB Super and Heroes, the game would be more popular.

It's a shame because it was a fine colorful game, and had a nice soundtrack for a MMO to boot.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:30 am

Not even a remote chance of that happening. There's still the emulator if you wanted to play that, only problem is the majority of the population is Spanish/Korean, hard to find decent english speaking people there.

But honestly, it really wasn't a good game, which was probably why it was shut down and never got to the west. The combat was really generic, the graphics were subpar, it was a gigantic grindfest, classes were terribly unbalanced, and aside from the interesting story and the characters it introduced (Towa, Mira, Masked Saiyan among others) the game was just extremely mediocre, or worse. If it didn't have a Dragon Ball skin on it, this game would have failed near instantly. It definitely would not be a "Xenoverse killer", wouldn't even be remotely close.

Ricno924

Post by Ricno924 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:53 am

Maybe it'd be better to hope for a new Dragon Ball MMO. :P