What's stopping the team behind Xenoverse from using things from Heroes?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

What's stopping the team behind Xenoverse from using things from Heroes?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:12 pm

The content on Dragon Ball Xenoverse was pretty weak looking back at it but that's excusable since this was the first time we had an official CaC based game since Dragon Ball Online but now that the second game is out and the developers are still refusing to do something original I just feel like we're missing out. Especially since Heroes continues to shoot out updates and the new FighterZ continues with it's impressive feats. Look at this. This is exactly what I'm talking about. We could be getting stuff like this in Xenoverse but all we're getting is DLC that should have been implemented at the start. And DLC is basically what the second installment is since there's very little difference between 1 & 2.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: What's stopping the team behind Xenoverse from using things from Heroes?

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:28 am

There is nothing stopping Dimps from incorporating concepts from Hereos into Xenoverse. In fact, they already do that with the concept of a player character created from any one of the major races in Dragon Ball and inserting themselves into different spin of the narrative of Dragon Ball with different villains.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Some of the stuff in heroes is really cringey fan service shit.

Xenoverse is slightly more dignified and just to have some internal logic and plausibility.

They are taking time to adapt things is a more sensible better written way.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:22 pm

TobyS wrote:Some of the stuff in heroes is really cringey fan service shit.

Xenoverse is slightly more dignified and just to have some internal logic and plausibility.

They are taking time to adapt things is a more sensible better written way.
Yeah but way more people would prefer some fan service stuff rather then good writing. Still i just want my Fuu and Mechikabura
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:45 pm

Licensing? That's my guess. There some red tape in there somewhere so they can't easily crossover.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:52 pm

I'd rather have unique and new things from XENOVERSE (like Mira's Final Form, Demigra, Kurilin Kaio-ken and Super Great Saiyaman) than having stuff from Heroes.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:36 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:The content on Dragon Ball Xenoverse was pretty weak looking back at it but that's excusable since this was the first time we had an official CaC based game since Dragon Ball Online
Didn't Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi have a create-a-character mechanic too?
IntangibleFancy wrote:but now that the second game is out and the developers are still refusing to do something original
What do you mean? What XV2 presented might not be 100% original but it's still something fresh, new concept. It's infinitely better than going from Raditz to Buu. The game brought some new elements.
IntangibleFancy wrote:Look at this. This is exactly what I'm talking about. We could be getting stuff like this in Xenoverse but all we're getting is DLC that should have been implemented at the start.
As per the producer of Xenoverse, he wants the game to have its own identity. That is the reason of why they're not going to add Heroes content into Xenoverse (and it's better that way). If it starts to bring Heroes stuff, then just rename the game to Dragon Ball Heroes: The Video-Game. But that's not going to happen.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Willpower. And hopefully they keep it up.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:12 pm

We do have something from Heroes, I think. SS3 Bardock is a Heroes thing, innit?

If we get anything, it'd be more Time Patrol stuff, I hope. The other Masked Saiyans and Mechickaboola.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:22 am

I believe it's becoming some what of a two way street. Xenoverse has introduced new ideas, like Demigra and Towa-Absorbed-Mira that Heroes later added, While Xenoverse might slowly introduce more aspects from Heroes, like Bardock broken free from his time mask and, if I'm to guess for XV3, probably more of the Demon Realm.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:11 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:While Xenoverse might slowly introduce more aspects from Heroes, like Bardock broken free from his time mask
What do you mean? Bardock is freed from the mask in Dragon Ball Online, it's not a Heroes aspect. Too bad we got to see so little of Time Breaker Bardock, though.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:15 am

Grimlock wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:While Xenoverse might slowly introduce more aspects from Heroes, like Bardock broken free from his time mask
What do you mean? Bardock is freed from the mask in Dragon Ball Online, it's not a Heroes aspect. Too bad we got to see so little of Time Breaker Bardock, though.
I meant him being freed and achieving SSJ3. That was Heroes. In Online he just broke free and appeared on Namek afterwards, correct?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:39 am

Correct. Though I'm pretty sure if Dragon Ball Online had continued, Bardock would have achieved Super Saiyan 3 there, as well as Trunks.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 am

Grimlock wrote:Correct. Though I'm pretty sure if Dragon Ball Online had continued, Bardock would have achieved Super Saiyan 3 there, as well as Trunks.
Naa, Maybe ssj but not 3.

Remember that Online is not very fanservicey compared to Heroes
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 am

But since Bardock and Trunks are the only Saiyans out there, both of them getting Super Saiyan 3 wouldn't be a stretch even in a work like Dragon Ball Online that follows the manga, I guess.

Now with Dragon Ball Super, I will withdraw what I said about Trunks, I think we would see him with whatever transformation he has in Toriyama's outline. Probably.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 pm

These games have always lacked creativity.

It took the same game year after year until the sales dropped to next to nothing before they went the original route with Xenoverse.

Even that game mainly just took ideas from Online and it's single player was still just another Raditz to Buu story. Xenoverse 2 was practically the same thing again with even less originality than before.

At least FighterZ has something new but even then the enemies are just clones. They've even used the same boring cover art several times in a row now.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 pm

You talk as if every single person in this world played or knew Dragon Ball Online. I know a lot of people that credit Dragon Ball Xenoverse and/or Dragon Ball Heroes for all the Time Patrol and Time Breaker stuff, some say Towa and Mira came from Xenoverse, others say they came from Heroes, for instance. Just a few, the ones that truly know this franchise know about Online. So for all of them and I'm pretty sure half of the world, all of this is new concept.

No matter how much you try to belittle Xenoverse (and saying stuff that aren't really true. XV1 went from Raditz to Beerus [and if you buy the DLCs, it's from Raditz to Shadow Dragons]. XV2 went from Raditz to Freeza [and if you buy two specific DLCs, it's actually from Raditz to Future Trunks]), it's in fact a great game and a huge relief to this franchise even that it takes elements from somewhere else.

~ War of the Dinobots ~