How mad would you guys be if they made SSJ5 from AF into an official transformation in the video games?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

How mad would you guys be if they made SSJ5 from AF into an official transformation in the video games?

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:13 am

This is a scenario I've always envisioned happening in my head with Dragon Ball Heroes in particular. TOEI has shown in the past that they're willing to adopt fan ideas even in stuff that is considered "canon" like Dragon Ball Super such as Evil Goku and another version of Broly (Kale) being part of the main canon. How would you guys feel if this transformation:

Started appearing in Dragon Ball Heroes for various characters and then was transferred over to Xenoverse?

By extension, how would you feel if TOEI started putting fan characters into Heroes as well? Would they legally be able to do that in any way?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: How mad would you guys be if they made SSJ5 from AF into an official transformation in the video games?

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:52 am

How are concepts like Evil Goku or Kale fan idea? The concept of an evil doppelganger or specific alternate counterpart of the same character has existed in stories and narrative based around religion and mythology for thousands of years.

Anyways, I wouldn't really care if SSJ5 made into a Dragon Ball videogame. There has been far crazier and unexpected shit thrown into Dragon Ball videogames to make a quick buck.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: How mad would you guys be if they made SSJ5 from AF into an official transformation in the video games?

Post by TheMikado » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:00 am

Lord Beerus wrote:How are concepts like Evil Goku or Kale fan idea? The concept of an evil doppelganger or specific alternate counterpart of the same character has existed in stories and narrative based around religion and mythology for thousands of years.

Anyways, I wouldn't really care if SSJ5 made into a Dragon Ball videogame. There has been far crazier and unexpected shit thrown into Dragon Ball videogames to make a quick buck.

I think he means its been done before.

anyway I would hate it. The design is utter garbage. I don't know the lore as I was never into AF so my feeling on it could change if the lore surrounding it was decent.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:32 pm

I feel like SSj5 is way too late to happen now since Super has it's own forms and they are treating the God forms as the strongest forms in the series.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:How are concepts like Evil Goku or Kale fan idea? The concept of an evil doppelganger or specific alternate counterpart of the same character has existed in stories and narrative based around religion and mythology for thousands of years.

Well yeah it's destined those ideas would be floating around in something as big as Dragon Ball, but still, it's a pretty prominent fanfiction topic in pretty much any series. As for Kale, what I meant was that it's always been in a lot of fans' interest to bring Broly back, so they introduced Kale as a way to do that w/o making Broly canon to the story.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Wouldn't care because the choice to play as them are completely optional. When you have people like Time Breaker Dark Star Dragonball LSSJ4 Broly and Final Form Mira, then why should I pop a blood vessel over video game exclusive transformations or forms?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:01 pm

Isn't that what Final Form Mira is minus the tail?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:52 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Isn't that what Final Form Mira is minus the tail?
Basically. And considering that the original design wasn't supposed to be Goku anyway, but somekind of new villain, there is no way Mira's form is not taking cues from this idea.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:47 pm

I wouldn’t care. Though I think you should know the original creator of that SSJ5 picture years ago isn’t SSJ5 or Goku. His name is Tablos and the artist has come back and is almost finished drawing the first chapter. Check out his instagram @tablos.af