How good is XV2 for Nintendo Switch?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

How good is XV2 for Nintendo Switch?

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:29 pm

Is the framerate steady? (If it slows down where the PS4 version does it's no problem, I also know it shuffles between 30 fps and 60 fps) What was your experience with it? is it worth it to buy again to play it anywhere?
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How good is XV2 for Nintendo Switch?

Post by TheBigBoy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:17 am

I've only played it on the Switch. The only time the framerate is 60 fps is during 1on1 vs. fights. I'm sorta weird in that I don't like 60 fps, so this is fine with me.

I like the game enough but overall it's a pretty shallow experience IMO. Sure there's tons of customization and moves and all that but the actual gameplay isn't that hot. To each his own I guess. Reviews that have it pegged at a 6 or 7 out of 10 are about right.

If you're super into the game, then sure but if you already own the game on another platform then you really don't need it.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:59 am

TheBigBoy wrote:I've only played it on the Switch. The only time the framerate is 60 fps is during 1on1 vs. fights. I'm sorta weird in that I don't like 60 fps, so this is fine with me.

I like the game enough but overall it's a pretty shallow experience IMO. Sure there's tons of customization and moves and all that but the actual gameplay isn't that hot. To each his own I guess. Reviews that have it pegged at a 6 or 7 out of 10 are about right.

If you're super into the game, then sure but if you already own the game on another platform then you really don't need it.
Well, I only own it, and tried it for switch. I'm happy I don't have to grind an insane amount of hours to play different characters.

Snart

Post by Snart » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:53 pm

Besides the lowered framerate & resolution, it's the same exact experience you'd get on other platforms. I'm not so sure if it's getting DLC Pack 5, so I'd wait it out if you're looking to buy the season pass.

I am in love with my CaC transformation mods on PC, so I don't play the Switch version much, but from what I have played, it's still a great game.
Goku Black Rosé is beautiful

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:48 am

Agreed on it running totally fine so long as you go into it acknowledging that it's not going to run at the same resolution and frame rate as its bigger cousins. It's solid during fights, which is where it's most important. I would be remiss not to mention the sluggish performance in the hub city, though, which also extends to menus.

Other than that, it's... well, it absolutely is Xenoverse 2 on the Switch! If you're looking for a hybrid console/portable option, it's everything you could probably ask for.

The upcoming "Extra Pack 1" and "Extra Pack 2" are not included in the game's original season pass on any platform, so just be aware of that. There is a bundle combining the two new packs at a slight discount, so that's certainly an option. And yes, all of the new DLC is indeed also coming to the Switch version.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:28 pm

Is all the above for it docked? If so, how's the game on the go? I might attempt a Switch once my Christmas paycheck hits and would love to have it on the go if it runs well!

Snart

Post by Snart » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:07 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Is all the above for it docked? If so, how's the game on the go? I might attempt a Switch once my Christmas paycheck hits and would love to have it on the go if it runs well!
It's 900p while docked instead of 720p, but framerate stays the same.
Goku Black Rosé is beautiful