A collection of screenshots for every 3D DBZ game. Which one has the best graphics?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Re: A collection of screenshots for every 3D DBZ game. Which one has the best graphics?

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 am

Truth be told, I actually really love Budokai 1's colour palette. The models look like crap, but the muted colours just scream classic DBZ. My ideal DB game graphics would be Budokai 1's colour palette, the cel-shading of Raging Blast 1, and the models of Xenoverse or Burst Limit, and FighterZ nearly hits that nail right on the head. I know everyone here is saying the same thing, but FighterZ looks damn near perfect. I just hope there's a way to turn off the bloom (on consoles, since that feature would obviously be on the PC version) that seems to pop up in some of those screenshots. If there's one thing I can't stand in video games, it's excessive bloom. Just look at how it totally ruins Xenoverse's graphics.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: A collection of screenshots for every 3D DBZ game. Which one has the best graphics?

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:58 am

So I recently had a friend of mine who loves Xenoverse tell me he's not buying Fighterz because he said it "looks like a PS2 game"

Tbh, Dragonball game graphics have always been a toss up for me. I love the look of several, Budokai 3, Tenkaichi 2 and 3, even Ultimate Tenkaichi looks nice.

I don't think we'll ever get perfect graphics. I do prefer the styles of Fighterz over Xenoverse. I'm a sucker for detail and that's something Xenoverse lacks (mainly in its character models)

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:So I recently had a friend of mine who loves Xenoverse tell me he's not buying Fighterz because he said it "looks like a PS2 game"
Ironically, the PS2 era is the last point in time the games looked similar to the show. Also, your friend is mad.

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:21 pm

I’ve always really liked the graphics in Budokai 2, despite hating everything else about the game. I just feel like they differentiated between the different Super Saiyan forms better than any other game. For example, in Budokai 1, the difference between Super Trunks and Super Trunks 2 is damn near impossible to see. He doesn’t get any bigger and his hair doesn’t change, but in Budokai 2, when Goku goes from Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan 2, there’s a distinct difference, and they totally nailed the look of the hairstyles in that game.
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:55 am

Burst Limit was peak Dimps. They've only gone downhill since then, which is a crying shame cause Burst Limit was gorgeous. Shame we'll likely never see it running 60fps.
Super DBZ will always hold a special place in my heart, and I do think it has the strongest aesthetic of the bunch. Similar to my above sentiments, it's a shame we'll likely never see it running at higher resolutions (other than with emulation).
At this point it almost feels unfair to visually compare Dragon Ball games to FighterZ. There was such a gap between Burst Limit (imo the last great looking DB game) and now, new engines and different methods of producing cg visuals. Especially since they had so much time to work on it already (via Guilty Gear). Still, it is what it is, and what it is-is astoundingly gorgeous (I could've cut a few 'is's out of that sentence, I think).

If we're going graphics, no doubt it's FighterZ. If we're going aesthetic? I like both Burst Limit and Super DBZ more as the characters feel more stylised, which gives them a lil more personality. I look at Super and See Toriyama's influence, I look at Burst Limit and see peak-performance Dimps. I look at Fighterz and I don't actually get that, I sort of just see the characters. Which is great, but my preferences are weird in this instance.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:47 pm

Burst Limit > Every other game.

It's surprising how Burst Limit in my opinion still holds as the best looking Dragon Ball Z game out there, I did thought FighterZ would take the crown but nope.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue May 22, 2018 1:11 pm

In terms of raw graphical appeal, FighterZ.
In terms of looking like the anime, FighterZ by some distance.
Of the 7th generation, Burst Limit by some distance.
Of the 6th generation, Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Honestly, I'd say FighterZ and Burst Limit are the best the series has to offer in terms of graphics.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.