Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure Review (as featured on Hardcore Gaming 101)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Apollo Fungus

Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure Review (as featured on Hardcore Gaming 101)

Post by Apollo Fungus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:30 pm

A few months ago, as part of a freelance review gig that I did for the long-running website Hardcore Gaming 101, I wrote a review for what is generally considered to be one of the best Dragon Ball games - the side-scrolling beat-em-up Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure! And now that I'm a member of the Kanzenshuu forum, I can now post the review and see what y'all think!

Here's the review. I hope you enjoy!

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure Review (as featured on Hardcore Gaming 101)

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:50 pm

I was surprised to see as many negative points as you listed, but they are true when I stop and think about it. The game is flawed in many ways.

And yet, I have such a huge soft spot for this game that I can forgive it all. If there is one thing it did right, it's that it captured the "feeling", the spirit, of Dragon Ball. Whenever I play Advanced Adventure I get that same sense of pure, carefree adventure that I get from reading/watching the first few arcs. And that is a feeling I love beyond words.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.