Should Xenoverse 3 feature an ORIGINAL or SERIES story?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Should Xenoverse 3 feature an ORIGINAL or SERIES story?

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:25 am

With all the DLC coming for Xenoverse 2, it seems like it's at a point where they're about to have all the big characters in the series - including possibly Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren. If the new Xenoverse 2 DLC story is not just about Fu, but also about the ToP - Then, what's the point of Xenoverse 3 adapting the arc again? Even some of the movie characters seem to all be getting included in Xenoverse 2, slowly but surely.

So, should Xenoverse 2 be the game that covers everything from Saiyan Arc to ToP Arc while Xenoverse 3 tells a completely original story? Obviously, for years now during the infamous DB Drought Arc we all faced - We had no choice but to go from Radtiz to Buu in every game with what-ifs, movies, and special characters (Hatchiyack and Tarble) to hold us: So, perhaps - Having the recent Super arcs readapted again for Xenoverse 3 won't be too bad.

It just feels like Xenoverse 2 is adapting everything in Super now so it may be pointless to bring some of those story elements to Xenoverse 3 unless the game finds a way to tell a new story within those Super arcs. Also, there's certain characters like Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne, and many others who may not make it in XV2, but can be in XV3. Thoughts?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Should Xenoverse 3 feature an ORIGINAL or SERIES story?

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:35 am

I really would like to know where the heck did you learn that XV2 will include Universe Survival saga, because there isn't a single place saying it will cover it. :eh:

Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren aren't even confirmed and even if they do appear, it doesn't mean Universe Survival saga will be in XV2 at all.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:46 am

Grimlock wrote:I really would like to know where the heck did you learn that XV2 will include Universe Survival saga, because there isn't a single place saying it will cover it. :eh:

Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren aren't even confirmed and even if they do appear, it doesn't mean Universe Survival saga will be in XV2 at all.
I say "If" and "possibly" in regards to the ToP arc, Ultra Instinct Goku, and Jiren. However, some leaked information revealed that it's possible that Ultra Instinct Goku, Jiren, and Ranger 17 may make it to XV2 through DLC Pack 6.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:54 pm

I think they should cover an original story. However, if they're going to cover stuff from the series, they have to cover stuff from the original Dragon Ball series. Seriously, who wouldn't want to play as Kid Goku, Master Roshi, Teen Chichi, Demon King Piccolo, or even Arale?! And I know someone's gonna mention, "but Gus, they can't include Dragon Ball characters because they can't fly". They included Mr Satan in the game, and he can't fly. But what did they do to fix that? They gave him a jetpack. They can easily do this with Dragon Ball characters as well. Maybe give Kid Goku the Kinto'un. And the possible changes to the story would be almost impossible to predict.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:39 pm

I wish classic fans had the option to play through normal story without the Future Warrior involved. Just a normal DBZ+GT+Super story mode in Xenoverse's style.

These Supervillain forms are boring and shouldn't ruin flow of the story too: "Oh, I'm fighting Black now but let's have 5 unrelated movie villains interrupt me for the sake of prolonging it."

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:17 am

I think they'll eventually adapt what Heroes has been doing with Hell and some other concepts.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:04 am

Keep it original, but blend Fu into the demon realm saga, so I can have my dark masked king, putine and chronoa's hot form as fighters

plus we could get demon realm avatars

http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/images ... img_11.jpg

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:40 pm

I say go all out. We've had two games with the same story essentially. XV1 was Demigra mucking up the timeline, and was dark and cool. XV2 was somewhat I rehash/polished XV1 with the movie characters. A cool concept, but I feel it wasn't fully utilized to it's full potential.

I say XV3 should really start messing things up. Give us what ifs, give us wacky scenarios, and give us choices to impact the story so that we'll want to replay the story over again. FU and the demon realm need to be in play. MAYBE Dark Masked King, but if not I won't complain.

Dragonball Fusions has shown us wacky departures from the traditional story work wonders. I really hope XV3 gives us something original

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:36 pm

Yea, we should get a original story that brings in some "what-if" characters that wouldn't normally be added due to dimps's rule of "needs to fly" or what-ifs that could be interesting like

What-if Story Part 1: Fu uses the Dark Dragonballs to revive his Mother and power her up to her Demon God Form. Then Demon God Towa travels to a Alternate Timeline to use the Super Dragon Balls to take the Body of Vados. Which transforms Towa into Demonic Angel Vados (Towa).

What-if Story Part 2: Fu & Demonic Angel Towa steals someone from the timeline. Such as maybe Chi-Chi and transforms her into a Demonic Potential Time Breaker (a upgraded version of what they did to Bardock in XV2 and Vegeta in Heroes) whose capable of fighting at least SSJ3 Goku.

What-if Story Part 3: The TimeBreakers and their 2 new members travel time and space to regather the Dark Dragon Balls to revive Mechikabura. So you encounter them(like Putine & Demonic TB Chi-Chi) while battling those affected by the Dark Balls.

What-if Story Final Part: Journey to the Demon Realm to stop the activation of the Dark Balls. Plus in the end restore Chi-Chi to her rightful point in time and defeat Towa. Final Fight is against a Powered up Fu with a tease that Mechikabura did get revived for XV4(or XV3 DLC Story).

ToP Story: Basically stop Whosever trying to tamper with the tournament outcome while not trying to upset the Zenos & Grand Priest.

Now what I just wrote is only a example of a what if story outline.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:38 pm

A more original story, with ties to the main series (hard not to do that). And, maybe give our CaC more personality and character? Like, you know, being able to talk? And establish friendships with other Time Patrollers would be cool. For more depth.

Final boss battle? Please, PLEASE don't just randomly toss Goku in there. That took away from your CaC's final fight with Mira. Maybe in spirit form, like in the first Xenoverse game, but not ACTUALLY there.

God tier forms for all races. And no race-specific transformation uses up stamina (made Pure form for Majins and Giant form for Namekians useless, especially in later levels and against live opponents). With having to go to the various main representatives of those races to learn how to get them.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:24 am

It should do the same as what Xenoverse 1 and 2 did.

The majority of the story would involve your created character going through the events of Super up through the Universe Survival saga, correcting the changes in history.

There's easily enough story with the sheer amount of fights to be had there. They'd have to change up the Beerus and Golden Frieza story though because that's been done twice already. Easily done though if they change the setting to the Princess Bulma Ship and add in Tagoma.

Them add in an original story that weaves it all together and finishes it up with an original saga.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:06 pm

An original story where you have to reconstruct the entire timeline, with your choice in fixing things or allowing things to stay the course, would be what I want.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:28 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I think they should cover an original story. However, if they're going to cover stuff from the series, they have to cover stuff from the original Dragon Ball series. Seriously, who wouldn't want to play as Kid Goku, Master Roshi, Teen Chichi, Demon King Piccolo, or even Arale?! And I know someone's gonna mention, "but Gus, they can't include Dragon Ball characters because they can't fly". They included Mr Satan in the game, and he can't fly. But what did they do to fix that? They gave him a jetpack. They can easily do this with Dragon Ball characters as well. Maybe give Kid Goku the Kinto'un. And the possible changes to the story would be almost impossible to predict.
It is supposed to be a Time Travel game, so the OG DB series should have been included in the first two games.
I want to see Towa, Mira and Fu attack that era and be able to rescue Kid Goku and friends from their attack.

The Tournament of Power and the New Movie is more likely to be included but I think OG DB deserves its spot in Xenoverse as well.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Definitely original story. They should give us a lot of what-ifs scenarios with some choices impacting the story so that not every playthrough is the same. Xenoverse games' main focus should be the story so I hope the next one will have a long story full of what-ifs.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:07 pm

I think Xenoverse needs it's own original stories.
However it wouldn't hurt to do some of the Dragon Ball Super stories.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Original Story where:

-there is a karma system
-you can choose to fight for th TB, the time patrollers, or be a spy for either side
-having it so that you can make choices that further affect what happens and what ending you get. Maybe there are 5 endings in total so it adds replay value

OR

Follow Super Dragon Ball Heroes with:

-Mechikabura
-Demigra coming back
-Demon God characters
-Prison Planet arc where SSJ4 Goku vs Blue Goku happens, Trunks is in jail, and Fu is scheming
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 am

mecha3000 wrote:With all the DLC coming for Xenoverse 2, it seems like it's at a point where they're about to have all the big characters in the series - including possibly Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren. If the new Xenoverse 2 DLC story is not just about Fu, but also about the ToP - Then, what's the point of Xenoverse 3 adapting the arc again? Even some of the movie characters seem to all be getting included in Xenoverse 2, slowly but surely.

So, should Xenoverse 2 be the game that covers everything from Saiyan Arc to ToP Arc while Xenoverse 3 tells a completely original story? Obviously, for years now during the infamous DB Drought Arc we all faced - We had no choice but to go from Radtiz to Buu in every game with what-ifs, movies, and special characters (Hatchiyack and Tarble) to hold us: So, perhaps - Having the recent Super arcs readapted again for Xenoverse 3 won't be too bad.

It just feels like Xenoverse 2 is adapting everything in Super now so it may be pointless to bring some of those story elements to Xenoverse 3 unless the game finds a way to tell a new story within those Super arcs. Also, there's certain characters like Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne, and many others who may not make it in XV2, but can be in XV3. Thoughts?

No game has tackled a full DBGT and DBS story mode yet, or am I wrong?

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:57 pm

sangofe wrote:No game has tackled a full DBGT and DBS story mode yet, or am I wrong?
Tenkaichi 3 comes to mind and the GT GBA game.

My problem with the GT GBA game is that once all three characters died, it'd be game over. I actually really wanted to enjoy it but that killed it for me.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:15 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:
sangofe wrote:No game has tackled a full DBGT and DBS story mode yet, or am I wrong?
Tenkaichi 3 comes to mind and the GT GBA game.

My problem with the GT GBA game is that once all three characters died, it'd be game over. I actually really wanted to enjoy it but that killed it for me.
Didn't bt 3 skip parts?

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:00 pm

^ It's been so long since I've played it but it's possible. It has all or most of the GT characters.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.