8 DLC Characters for FighterZ

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: 8 DLC Characters for FighterZ

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:17 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon ... led.19232/

These are the DLC characters according to a datamine. Take it with a grain of salt.

Broly
Bardock
Zamasu (With Fused?)
Vegito (Blue?)
Cooler
Android 17 (Ranger)
Base Goku
Base Vegeta

If it's 5th Cooler, I'm a happy camper.
The last three are totally useless.

Merged Zamasu is needed on the other hand.
I can understand Base Goku/VEgeta, but is why is 17 totally useless? He has plenty of fans who would like to play as him.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:03 pm

If that ends up being the DLC, color me disappointed. There is so much they could do with a character like Roshi, with his mafuba, lightning attack, full power mode, drunken fist, and so on. But nope, we need to have base Goku AND Vegeta. The fact that those two are leaked as DLC makes me believe it’s incorrect.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon ... led.19232/

These are the DLC characters according to a datamine. Take it with a grain of salt.

Broly
Bardock
Zamasu (With Fused?)
Vegito (Blue?)
Cooler
Android 17 (Ranger)
Base Goku
Base Vegeta

If it's 5th Cooler, I'm a happy camper.
The last three are totally useless.

Merged Zamasu is needed on the other hand.
I can understand Base Goku/VEgeta, but is why is 17 totally useless? He has plenty of fans who would like to play as him.
I agree, their has been a good amount of desiring for 17 to be a playable characters and on the Forums I have heard at least one fan, but I am sure their is more, are not happy 17 is only a back-up/tag-team character for 18. After his showing in the ToP 17 has more then earned a place in the next DLC character pack.

Also it just just WEIRD that if they will give use Base Goku and Vegeta, that is 3 different Gokus and Vegetas now playable?! To those that want their base forms to play I hope You indeed enjoy, but I have to say that is just To much Goku and Vegeta, I mean now players will be able to just have their team filled with 2 Gokus and 3 Vegetas. :wtf: :roll:

Maximum Clonage Indeed. :crazy:

I think the reason we will not get any New ToP Super Fighters like Toppo, Jiren, Ribrianne, Kale or Caulifla until the earliest the next DLC pack could be they still need to get English Voice actors for their characters. Black already had a few with one from Xenoverse and the other from the Anime Dub that has caught up in time for the Games Release, so the New ToP characters still need theirs, which would explain why none are playable yet.

Still Waiting for them, but makes more sense.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:13 pm

If the datamining is correct, I would find adding base Goku and Vegeta peculiar, when SSJ4 Goku and SSJ4 Vegeta would be smarter additions, but I don't think base saiyans are "useless." It's not as if this game follows power levels, and base Goku and base Vegeta will give another fighting style that will be in contrast to their other forms. Personally, I like Base Goku because of the Kaioken mechanic, there's lots of great attacks and/or dramatic finishes we could get from a Saiyan and Freeza saga Base Goku, if the datamining is correct

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:58 pm

Since this game takes place around AGE 779, maybe it's not their actual base form literally... Who knows it could probably be, wait for it... Saiyan beyond God!?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:21 pm

Be careful, guys. If you look at the datamine screens, those eight are among the lobby avatar data, it seems, along with Jeice, Bulma and others.
While the eight isolated data named "PLB_CHR_???" that are way apart of other data (with ??? being the three letters for the characters) mention:

PLB_CHR_BRL (Broly)
PLB_CHR_BAR (Bardock)
PLB_CHR_JAN (Janemba)
PLB_CHR_KEF (Kefla)
PLB_CHR_TOP (Toppo)
PLB_CHR_JIR (Jiren)
PLB_CHR_KID (Kid Goku?)
PLB_CHR_FUU (Fu from Xenoverse in a possible crossover event where Fu gets into Fighterz and C-21 gets in Xenoverse).

So it's likely that Base Goku and all are actually for avatars.
While those eight above would be the actual DLC characters.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:50 am

Cold Skin wrote:Be careful, guys. If you look at the datamine screens, those eight are among the lobby avatar data, it seems, along with Jeice, Bulma and others.
While the eight isolated data named "PLB_CHR_???" that are way apart of other data (with ??? being the three letters for the characters) mention:

PLB_CHR_BRL (Broly)
PLB_CHR_BAR (Bardock)
PLB_CHR_JAN (Janemba)
PLB_CHR_KEF (Kefla)
PLB_CHR_TOP (Toppo)
PLB_CHR_JIR (Jiren)
PLB_CHR_KID (Kid Goku?)
PLB_CHR_FUU (Fu from Xenoverse in a possible crossover event where Fu gets into Fighterz and C-21 gets in Xenoverse).

So it's likely that Base Goku and all are actually for avatars.
While those eight above would be the actual DLC characters.
If that's the DLC list, it's epic. I hope it's God Toppo. I love him, he's amazing.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:42 am

Cold Skin wrote: PLB_CHR_BRL (Broly)
PLB_CHR_BAR (Bardock)
PLB_CHR_JAN (Janemba)
PLB_CHR_KEF (Kefla)
PLB_CHR_TOP (Toppo)
PLB_CHR_JIR (Jiren)
PLB_CHR_KID (Kid Goku?)
These are deconfirmed by the guy who did this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zVBP48 ... outu.be&a=
So, yeap, 2 of the new characters already confirmed:
https://imgur.com/gYORBCa

Also this:
[spoiler]Future Trunks' Sword of Hope's 3d model is in the game. There's a good chance that it is for a Dramatic Finish against Merged Zamasu. And Merged Zamasu was on the datamined list, so...[/spoiler]

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:43 am

Base Goku and Vegeta are good additions, and they are basically confirmed at this point considering their new models have been datamined.
I hope they will handle them correctly though, because they can end up being very fun characters to use and could bring in some awesome dramatic intros and finishes.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 am

KayDash wrote:
Cold Skin wrote: PLB_CHR_BRL (Broly)
PLB_CHR_BAR (Bardock)
PLB_CHR_JAN (Janemba)
PLB_CHR_KEF (Kefla)
PLB_CHR_TOP (Toppo)
PLB_CHR_JIR (Jiren)
PLB_CHR_KID (Kid Goku?)
These are deconfirmed by the guy who did this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zVBP48 ... outu.be&a=
So, yeap, 2 of the new characters already confirmed:
https://imgur.com/gYORBCa

Also this:
[spoiler]Future Trunks' Sword of Hope's 3d model is in the game. There's a good chance that it is for a Dramatic Finish against Merged Zamasu. And Merged Zamasu was on the datamined list, so...[/spoiler]
Ah... I didn't want to see another Goku and Vegeta, even if their gameplay are different but oh well.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:16 am

Sorry, but I'm just one of those people that absolutely does not want base Goku, base Vegeta, or just any more Gokus or Vegetas of any kind. I'd like to believe these models are a red herring ArcSys threw in for a laugh to throw dataminers off the scent, but it's unlikely.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:59 am

I'm excited for Fused Zamasu, but by god am I gonna be sad if this isn't one of his super.s

Honestly I could even see it as his level 3, though that's probably going to be Divine Wrath. Still, this is the one thing I want to see in Fused Zamasu's moveset.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:42 pm

So two of the 8 DLC characters are just Base Goku and Vegeta.....and that's why you never buy the season pass before you know what's in it.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 pm

Oh, that Base Goku/Base Vegeta thing is such a waste! Yes, it opens up some dramatic finish potential (them against each other, against Nappa, against Freeza, possibly Goku against Piccolo) but those shouldn't take priority over unique characters. You might as well have not bothered with the Blues.

I said before that this is a very safe roster and that we shouldn't expect anything crazy from the DLC. But I took that to mean Bardock/Broly/Vegetto/Jiren, not more Gokus and Vegetas. Hell, imagine if we end up getting them two AND Bardock AND Vegetto. That would be NINE characters out of 32 resembling Goku and Vegeta. That's too much.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:27 am

Bullza wrote:So two of the 8 DLC characters are just Base Goku and Vegeta.....and that's why you never buy the season pass before you know what's in it.
Not "just". Them and other 6 characters. That's two more characters then any other game's season pass, for a cheaper price too. Didn't regret buying it.
(Also, base forms are still not confirmed, they are just likely.)

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 am

KayDash wrote:
Bullza wrote:So two of the 8 DLC characters are just Base Goku and Vegeta.....and that's why you never buy the season pass before you know what's in it.
Not "just". Them and other 6 characters. That's two more characters then any other game's season pass, for a cheaper price too. Didn't regret buying it.
Saiyan Saga Vegeta has a model. A MODEL!!! The questions remaining are the following:
Is it just an undeveloped left over? Is it a costume model? Or a separate playable character?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:38 am

KayDash wrote:
With the vast amount of different characters in these shows that they would waste two slots on just Base Goku and Vegeta would be bad if true.

There's already two different versions of those characters. Why do we need a third? You could have had Toppo or Dyspo or Whis or Magetta etc.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:24 am

^ Surely because they are deemed very interesting or even unavoidable, more so than other characters even if it's still Goku and Vegeta.
Wasn't there a Japanese poll or something that resulted in what could be basically interpreted as "yeah, Super Saiyan forms and SS Blue forms are cool, but we must absolutely have the iconic base versions from back then too!!"

Basically, no way you can skip the base versions from the roots with evil Vegeta and the Kaioken. No way you can skip the iconic Super Saiyan forms that went against Freezer, Cell and Boo. No way you can skip the current Blue forms that are in the spotlight right now.
People want to be able to fight as all those versions with their unique caracteristics (meaning not just color swaps but fully-entitled characters).

So I agree that I'm not that interested in those characters myself (I don't like the Goku VS Vegeta era that much, so it doesn't help), but I understand how people can be begging to play as the iconic Goku VS "Vegeta with shoulder pads" all with "good old times" movesets and how the developers are willing to just give them what they want.
For a certain number of people, not being able to fight as "classic" Kaioken Goku and shoulder-pads Vegeta is as unconceivable as not having Super Saiyan Goku in a game (except "origins" Kid Goku games).

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 am

They weren't avoided though, they're main characters in the game and there's two different versions to play as. You're saying that still isn't enough and we have to a third version of them with the black hair instead of characters that have not even been in any video game at all like Toppo or Kale.

There's like 50 other games where you can play as Base Goku and Vegeta.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:04 am

While I'm not going to say Base Goku and Vegeta should necessarily never be in the game, I do think it's much too soon to be adding them over the many other options. If this is true then we'll be getting countless Base/SS1/SSB Goku and Vegeta teams which could get annoying after awhile.

Instead of saturating the roster with Goku and Vegeta they'd do better to add other characters, such as classic DB characters with unique fighting styles, movie villains, Super characters, or other core Z characters that aren't in yet. I wouldn't mind the base forms being added in further down the line after we've gotten a more diverse roster, but even then it would make more sense to add in SS4 Goku and Vegeta.