8 DLC Characters for FighterZ

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: 8 DLC Characters for FighterZ

Post by KayDash » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 am

Bullza wrote:
KayDash wrote:
Bullza wrote:So two of the 8 DLC characters are just Base Goku and Vegeta.....and that's why you never buy the season pass before you know what's in it.
Not "just". Them and other 6 characters. That's two more characters then any other game's season pass, for a cheaper price too. Didn't regret buying it.
(Also, base forms are still not confirmed, they are just likely.)
With the vast amount of different characters in these shows that they would waste two slots on just Base Goku and Vegeta would be bad if true.

There's already two different versions of those characters. Why do we need a third? You could have had Toppo or Dyspo or Whis or Magetta etc.
Do you think adding alternate versions are the same amount of work/money as adding two completely new characters made from scratch?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 pm

The more I think about the more potential I see in a Base Goku and Vegeta. They could make a bunch of cool stuff with them.
Nonetheless at this point 3 versions of the these characters would be overkill. Goku and Vegeta already are 16% of the roster, 20% if you include Goku Black.

I bet Bandai forced the Blue Saiyans to represent the Super(current) era and from what I've seen they aren't anything special. That's the problem we basically we're forced into having boring clones, although Vegeta does have some cool supers.
If this situation was unavoidable it was better to just give Goku and Vegeta unique Super Saiyan installs, instead of them SSJ as a character. Being SSJ would allow a range of new attacks to reference their SSJ moments.

The problem with the above is they would be too complicated and they are catering to casuals.

If they ever get to a Season 2 DLC I would love to see Base Saiyans like so:

Base Goku
Unique mechanic: Kaioken(not sure how it would work)
Specials:
- Genki Dama.
- The flurry he used to deal with Nappa and Burter.
- Kamehameha.

He would have another Kamehameha only while in Kaioken.

Base Vegeta
Specials:
- Oozaru attack (a cinematic attack where he launches an artificial moon, transforms and throws a crazy beam from out his mouth).
- Galick gun.
- The attack he used to kill Nappa.

Then you can take your pick because Vegeta has an absurd amount of cool moments. His final flash like attack against Recome or his attack that killed Zarbon or what he used to kill Cui.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:05 pm

LightBing wrote: Base Vegeta
Specials:
- Oozaru attack (a cinematic attack where he launches an artificial moon, transforms and throws a crazy beam from out his mouth).
- Galick gun.
- The attack he used to kill Nappa.
Not to mentoin he could also have Dirty Fireworks, the prototype Final Flash he used against Recoom, the "planet buster" (whatever is it's name) he used against Freeza and had a larger explosion then the size of Planet Namek, and a version of ki blast barrage, where he finishes with a big energy ball. Also a Kienzan. Also throwing sand in the opponents eye for a stun. Also the gut punch/blast he killed Zarbon with.
I could go on, but I think I made it clear here that they can easily turn him into a different character from the SSJ/SSGSS versions if they want to.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:19 pm

LightBing wrote:
Base Goku
Unique mechanic: Kaioken(not sure how it would work)
Specials:
- Genki Dama.
- The flurry he used to deal with Nappa and Burter.
- Kamehameha.
Meteor Combination would be a great addition. Little throwback to DB in there too.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:19 pm

KayDash wrote:Do you think adding alternate versions are the same amount of work/money as adding two completely new characters made from scratch?
I don't think that should be a factor considering these characters are DLC that they want people to spend extra money on.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Bullza wrote:So two of the 8 DLC characters are just Base Goku and Vegeta.....and that's why you never buy the season pass before you know what's in it.
So far the Witcher 3 has been the only season pass that's worth (and more) its $$$. Most other games either have overpriced content or content that should've been in the main game.
Cold Skin wrote:A Japanese poll or something resulted in what could be basically interpreted as "yeah, Super Saiyan forms and SS Blue forms are cool, but we must absolutely have the iconic base versions from back then too!!"
Why weren't they in the base game then ? Would 2 more characters have been THAT much more work ?
KayDash wrote:Do you think adding alternate versions are the same amount of work/money as adding two completely new characters made from scratch?
You're still asked to pay the same amount of $$$ as completely new ones right ? They're going to make a huge amount of $$$ from the base game and DLC so why not give these for free as a thank you to fans' support ? other games do that kind of thing all the time.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:51 pm

Well if Base Goku and Vegeta are in their own pack I'll definitely be skipping that one. If XV is anything to go by, $10 isnt worth it for 2 characters.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:16 pm

sintzu wrote:So far the Witcher 3 has been the only season pass that's worth (and more) its $$$. Most other games either have overpriced content or content that should've been in the main game.
DLC is always so overpriced in relation to the game actual game. Take Xenoverse 2 for example, the retail price is about £45, that gets you the entire game. Then there was the first DLC Pack 1, it's £6.50 which is well over 10% of the games price and yet in terms of content you do not get close to 10% of the value of the game.

If a £50 game has 50 missions and then they release some DLC which adds 5 missions then I want to pay £5.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:18 pm

Bullza wrote:
I don't think that should be a factor considering these characters are DLC that they want people to spend extra money on.
But you did not answered my question, so I'll do it instead: No, these clone characters are not the same amount of work, and because of this they are not made in place of Toppo, Magetta, etc. They are not taking slots of other brand new characters, as you said.
There's already two different versions of those characters. Why do we need a third? You could have had Toppo or Dyspo or Whis or Magetta etc.
I can answer you this too. We don't need a third one, they probably just decided to make them, because they can do with relative ease, and 6 new + 2 clones, are better then just 6 new.
Back on this: I partly agree with with you, the main factor should be adding characters that are both somewhat popular and able to diversify gameplay with their unique mechanics. I'm not too big on base Goku/Vegeta myself, but those characters are definitely popular, I can see people paying for them, and I can also see Arcsys making them unique enough to justify their existence.
I honestly believe they originally wanted to go with a 6 characters DLC like every other fighting game nowadays, but they realized they could go further and add those two too.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:29 pm

sintzu wrote:
You're still asked to pay the same amount of $$$ as completely new ones right ?
Comparing with other games' DLC prices, like SFV, which is 6 characters for 30 euro, DBFZ DLC price is 35 euro for 6+2 characters.
So no, they are actually asking less.
They're going to make a huge amount of $$$ from the base game and DLC so why not give these for free as a thank you to fans' support ? other games do that kind of thing all the time.
Honestly, everything we have now are theories and speculations, giving away those two for free can still happen. It can also happen that they are just scrapped designs, and they won't be in the game at all.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Very interesting developments concerning the heavy datamining a few pc users have shared with the community.

Poster Mondomega (a dataminer) from ResetEra has this to share:
"Cooler is now listed right next to the other playable characters in the list of quotes that you can tie to Z Stamps. Will Cooler be one of the first DLC characters released? That would honestly be unexpected. Also, there seems to be enough space in the numbering between the playable characters (Cooler being 794) and non-playable characters (Chiaotzu being 810) for 15 more characters, which would account for the rest of the FighterZ Pass and a second season. Most likely means nothing, but just food for thought."
This made quite a few people speculate that a SECOND season pass is on its way (hopefully one which will contain a few ToP characters) and could turn the character roster to a freakin' 40. We'll see. 5th Stage Cooler would be dope as fuck.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Soooo to recap, Goku Black, SS Goku, SSGSS Goku and now Base Goku and Bardock????

The way they went about this DLC I knew it was gonna be garbage. #17 and Zamasu are the only one's here that aren't a yawn. Broly expected so whatever but Vegetto? On top of 3 separate Goku's and Vegeta's throw in a fusion on top?

Can't wait for DLC 2:

SS Bardock
SS3 Broly
Majin Vegeta
SS3 Goku
Metal Cooler
Krillin (hair).

Absolute joke. :roll:

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Also interesting how all this corresponds with the leakileaks stuff:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments ... ious_ones/
Well, except the Zarbon/Raditz stuff.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:25 pm

KayDash wrote:I can answer you this too. We don't need a third one, they probably just decided to make them, because they can do with relative ease, and 6 new + 2 clones, are better then just 6 new.
That's so wrong though. The Season Pass costs £29 and thats for only 8 characters. That is very expensive especially seeing as you can buy the game itself off of Amazon for £44 and that includes 24 characters, all the stages, the whole story mode and other modes.

At that expensive a price there should be no excuse for them to be that cheap that they have to skimp out on 2 out of the 8 characters.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:09 pm

So they'll explicitly deconfirm characters like Mr Satan and Tao, but they've got models, voice files and other data pertaining to Vegeta3, Goku4 and Freeza2?

This game...

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:05 pm

Someone found a voice file of the announcer (in the character select screen) saying "Cooler!" I heard it, it's legit.

Either Cooler is in, or he was heavily considered and got cut off during game development (ala Doctor Octopus in Marvel vs Capcom 3).

Now, if he's in ... I really hope we're talking 5th Cooler.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:27 pm

Kataphrut wrote:So they'll explicitly deconfirm characters like Mr Satan and Tao, but they've got models, voice files and other data pertaining to Vegeta3, Goku4 and Freeza2?

This game...
When did they deconfirm these characters?

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:21 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:So they'll explicitly deconfirm characters like Mr Satan and Tao, but they've got models, voice files and other data pertaining to Vegeta3, Goku4 and Freeza2?

This game...
When did they deconfirm these characters?
Tao Pai Pai was deconfirmed in this here interview with the producer: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/23/dr ... r-variety/
Can you tell us one character that definitely won’t be in the game?

"[Laughs] One that defiantly won’t be in the game… we’re not going to have Taopaipai in the game."
As for Satan, I don't have a link but I believe Maximillian Dood said in one of his streams that the producers he'd spoken to had said they didn't want to put gag characters in the game. So no Satan, possibly no Arale or Jaco. Plus, Satan is already a lobby avatar which makes his addition unlikely.

She could have been joking about the Tao thing, but still. Leaks point at a very lazy DLC lineup, deconfirming characters that would actually be unique or interesting is just insult to injury if it all turns out to be true.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:37 pm

I like the idea of Goku with the Genki Dama and Vegeta as a Great Ape.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:12 am

I hope normal Goku and Vegeta get released in a single DLC, considering they should be already almost ready. They can be very good if done well, and they should have new fighting stances. I think I will be maining normal Goku if he is done well - I'm hoping he will have Kaio-Ken as a install, the normal Kamehameha, the Super Kamehameha which becomes Kamehameha Kaio-Ken when used with Kaio-Ken, and Genki-Dama as a ultimate which can be made bigger with more bars (3 bars small, 5 bars normal, 7 bars big). I also hope they will give Goku tons of moves, similar to Freeza and Hit as I like those type of characters who can do a lot of things. There's so much they can do with Goku's combos involving Kaio-Ken, and it could look incredibly good if it's done like in the anime. He could also get the combo he did to Piccolo at the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi, or the feet Kamehameha!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical