8 DLC Characters for FighterZ

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

8 DLC Characters for FighterZ

Post by batistabus » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:23 pm

It's been confirmed that there will be 8 DLC characters created for FighterZ post-launch. Who do you expect/who would you like to be included?

1. Tao Pai Pai: I'd love an intro with him riding in on a pillar and a command grab where he does his tongue execution.
2. Jaco: He's hilarious, he'd have a pretty straightforward moveset compared to the rest of the cast, and I'd like to see his blaster and poses come into play.
3. Kafla: I really just love seeing Super characters be represented in this game. Kafla's got a great design, some odd moves, and plenty of attitude.
4/5. Bardock and Broli. Is there any chance that these characters won't make it in? I don't want Broli at all, but I know it's bound to happen.
6. Garlic Jr.: My favorite movie villain. He'd have an awesome intro recreating his transformation from the film, and his super would obviously be the Dead Zone. Maybe he could be hit into it as well?
7. Jiren: Don't love him, but he has to be a shoe-in, right?
8. Kame-sen'nin: Mafuba, turtle summons, nose-blood blast, buff transformations, etc.

Personally, I'd prefer Magetta over Broli in terms of a large, buff character. I also expect that we might get No. 21 unlocked once the story mode is completed.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Re: 8 DLC Characters for FighterZ

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:21 pm

batistabus wrote:It's been confirmed that there will be 8 DLC characters created for FighterZ post-launch. Who do you expect/who would you like to be included?

1. Tao Pai Pai: I'd love an intro with him riding in on a pillar and a command grab where he does his tongue execution.
2. Jaco: He's hilarious, he'd have a pretty straightforward moveset compared to the rest of the cast, and I'd like to see his blaster and poses come into play.
3. Kafla: I really just love seeing Super characters be represented in this game. Kafla's got a great design, some odd moves, and plenty of attitude.
4/5. Bardock and Broli. Is there any chance that these characters won't make it in? I don't want Broli at all, but I know it's bound to happen.
6. Garlic Jr.: My favorite movie villain. He'd have an awesome intro recreating his transformation from the film, and his super would obviously be the Dead Zone. Maybe he could be hit into it as well?
7. Jiren: Don't love him, but he has to be a shoe-in, right?
8. Kame-sen'nin: Mafuba, turtle summons, nose-blood blast, buff transformations, etc.
First, Tao was deconfirmed long ago by Tomoko Hiroki. Do not expect him to be in at all. I'm sorry.
I also think we have seen the last of the Super characters for this game (remember, the development for this game occurred before Kafla was even a thing and Jiren will be a stretch at this point).

The two oddball DLC characters rumored to be in the mix are, in fact, Base Goku and Base Vegeta.

I am expecting the following:
1) Base Goku
2) Base Vegeta
3) Android 21 (if she is not already playable in the game)
4) Broly. Because he's Broly.
5) Vegetto
6) Bardock

After that, who knows.

As for characters I would like to see in this game:
1) Raditz. If Broly and Bardock are confirmed as DLC, then that would leave Raditz as the only one from the Extreme Butoden roster to not be in this game. This game is amazing and the fact everyone else from Extreme Butoden made into this game except my favorite character would be insulting beyond words. As for what he would bring to the table, I made posts about a potential moveset:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38888&p=1375173#p1375173
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38888&p=1383015#p1383015
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38888&start=3180#p1433817

2) Janemba. He has such a unique moveset, he would be perfect for this game.
3) Metal Cooler. He can do everything Cooler can do plus more. If the developers pull together all of Cooler's moves from the two movies into a composite moveset, then Metal Cooler would be an awesome addition!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:36 pm

For me, could be a fantastic idea if they follow the same example than the last Mortal Kombat and Injustice games, and the download characters are guest stars from other universes

I mean, Optimus Prime, Thor, Superman, He-Man, etc fighting versus Goku and company could convert Dragon Ball FighterZ in the best fighting game of the history

Due to my idea is very difficult to be a real thing, there is my wishlist:

1) Broly
2) Kafla
3) Vegetto
4) Janemba
5) Jiren
6) Baby Vegeta
7) Omega Shenron
8 ) Super A-17

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:26 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:First, Tao was deconfirmed long ago by Tomoko Hiroki. Do not expect him to be in at all. I'm sorry.

I also think we have seen the last of the Super characters for this game (remember, the development for this game occurred before Kafla was even a thing and Jiren will be a stretch at this point).

The two oddball DLC characters rumored to be in the mix are, in fact, Base Goku and Base Vegeta.
The thing about DLC characters is that they have not yet been created. Of course development for this game began before Kafla was in the show, but unless these 8 characters are all dropped at once, it's totally possible that we'd get more Super characters. The same goes for Tao Pai Pai. He wasn't planned for the base game, but moving forward, who knows? I don't expect too much, but assuming these DLC characters aren't just being held back from the release of the game, anything's possible. Tenshinhan wasn't even complete when they showed him off in October, but two months later he's ready to go. Regardless, my list is a mix between "I expect" and "I want", and TPP is definitely not somebody I expect.

I've heard the base Goku/Vegeta rumor, and I'm not sure what to think about it. If we're talking DBZ Movie 1 Goku with the Nyoibo and Saiyan arc Vegeta with Oozaru, I wouldn't even be upset. Otherwise...

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:15 am

1) SSJ Vegetto
2) SSB Vegetto
3) Broly
4) Caulifla (with Kale as an assist character)
5) Kefla
6) Buuhan
7) Bardock
8 ) Roshi
9) Jiren
10) Ultra Instinct Goku

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:00 pm

1/ LSSJ Broly
2/ Kefla SSJ2
3/ Janemba last form
4/ Jiren with Toppo and Dyspo
5/ Anizara? maybe
6/ SSJB Vegetto or SSJ4 Gogeta
7/ Bardock SSJ or Goku UI
8/ Dabra with Babidi
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Anilaza won't be a character - his size all but forbids it. You can expect him as a boss in Xenoverse 3, though.

I also believe we can have ToP characters for DLC, so here's my prediction:

01) Roshi (has a shitload of cool techniques and he's heavily requested after his performance in the ToP)
02) Broly (don't like the stupid fuck, but he could be a beast to play)
03) Jiren (many would like to play as him - he can be the UI rep in this game) - TEAM JUSTICE!
04) Toppo (he can be a mix of zoning and grappling) - TEAM JUSTICE!
05) Dyspo (he can be a rushdown character with some interesting counters) - TEAM JUSTICE!
06) Kefla (too popular and hot right now, has interesting special moves)
07) SSB Vegetto (because apparently a lot of people want him)
08) Bergamo (with his brothers part of his moveset - his ultra 3 can be the triangle beam - The less health he has, the more damage he does, essentially becoming the ultimate glass cannon character)

I want more Super representation. They are very interesting characters.

If we get a second season of DLC, I would like to see Cooler (5th), Gero, Super Buu, UI Goku, Obuni, Darbura, Ribrianne and Videl or Mai.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:25 pm

I think I'll go with this:

1. Master Roshi (He has so many interesting techniques to use and he played a nice role in the ToP.)
2. SSJB Vegetto (Really cool attacks and can make for a nice moveset. Also very relevant character.)
3. Jiren (Main antagonist of ToP has to be DLC.)
4. Kefla (Also major player in ToP and has some nice moves.)
5. Babidi (I just want him because he can fight with his magic and use Pui Pui, Yakon, and Dabura in his moveset as well.)
6. Bardock (Come on he is in like almost every DB fighting game these days. Can also have some moves with Oozaru and Saiyan spirit stuff.)
7. Movie character? Janemba (If there is a movie character this is who I want. Broly would be too boring and I think Janemba is pretty popular as well.)
8. GT character? Omega Shenron (I don't think there will be a GT character but if there is then it should be this guy here. He could use most of the shadow dragon techniques and stuff.)

Alternatively I would also like if either Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear) or Ragna the Bloodedge (Blazblue) could cameo.

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:03 pm

I'd like to see:

1. Dabura

He should be easy to implement, since his moves are pretty unique. Stone spit (either for a quick paralysis or to force a character switch), fire breath, weapon materialization, afterimage trap into his Hell Blitz... I would buy the game just for him.

2. Janemba

His reality warping techniques open up a lot of possibilities for a cool moveset.

3. Super #17

We need some love for GT, and since the androids seem to be in the spotlight this time around, his energy absorption gimmick could be pretty fun and useful. Also, machine gun-arm. Who doesn't like that?

4. Super Yi Xing Long

He had access to all the powers of the other Evil Dragons, so there's plenty of potential.

5. Baby

Gameplay-wise, it could be too OP (or plain unrealistic), but maybe he could infect one of the members of the enemy team to fight on our side...? Could be time-restricted.

6. Piccolo Daimao

To get an OG Dragon Ball in here. He can fly and has some energy attacks to make him fit in. His sons could work like Saibaimen do with Nappa.

7. Roshi

He has enough cool techniques in his arsenal to work well within the game. Flight problem could be solved by Baby Gamera.

8. Broly/Kale

For a grappler-type character. Kale could also fill the spot, so that we have another female character. Caulifla could appear as an assist character.

All right, that's my wishlist. Though, to be frank, I wouldn't be surprised if none of the above would make an appearance :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:40 pm

(From DB FighterZ thread)

My DLC wishlist:

1- Broly
2- Dabra
3- SSB Vegetto (SSJ Vegetto as alternate costume)
4- Merged Zamasu
5- Roshi
6- Trio de Dangers
7- Caulifla + Kale as assist or Kefla
8- Jiren
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:04 pm

If Any My Top 3 are DLC, FighterZ will be a must-by! 8)

But the others will be Grand too;

1.) Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne! ~ Both Human and Transformed versions!
2.) Kakunsa
3.) Rozie
4.) Kale ~ When Teamed with Caulifla to have the ablity to become Kefla!
5.) Toppo
6.) Caulifla ~ When Teamed with Kale to have the ablity to become Kefla!
7.) King Piccolo
8.) Jiren
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:35 pm

My personal picks

1 - Jiren
2 - Base Goku (With Ultra Instinct during Meteor Smash)
3 - SSjB Vegito
4 - Merged Zamasu
5 - LSSj Broli
6 - Final Form Coola
7 - Bardock
8 - Janemba

There will probably be a second season pass later on given how popular the game will be.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:44 am

My picks:
1- Dr. Gero: should be relevant to the plot of the game and his energy absorption ability could be pretty unique. Could have 19 as an assist, but I don't really care about him.
2- Dabura: sword + spitting + cool design.
3- Muten Roshi: one of my favorites and he has a vast moveset, they could go a lot of different ways with him.
4- Toppo: we need a grappler in this game (RIP my dream of playable Recoome). Could also give this spot to my boy Magetta, but I doubt he makes it.
5- Ribrianne: you are goddamn right I said Ribrianne lol. We need more girls, we need more joke characters and she has quite a few moves. Speaking of joke characters...
6- Mr. Satan: of course.
7- Janemba: cool as fuck + great abilities. Bonus points if they include a Hell stage from movie 12.
8- Broly: don't really care about him that much but there's no way they won't put him eventually. Hopefully he is more of a grappler.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:59 am

1. Kid Goku. Power Pole + Nimbus + classic DB representation. Can't go wrong.
2. Roshi. Again, good choice for DB representation, added bonus of being relevant thanks to Super.
3. Jaco. Fun clown character. A lot of people have pitched Arale for that role, but I think there's more "wit" to Jaco, personally.
4. Bardock. I was poo-pooing this given how overdone he is in the games, but I was just thinking about the idea of him being on a team with Kid Goku and Roshi and got weirdly hyped for it. I'll just leave it to Arc Sys to find a way to make him stand out as a fighter.
5. Janemba. Best movie villain, so much potential for moves. More likely we'll get Broly in that role.
6. Caulifla w/ Kale. But why not Kefla? Honestly, I think these two are better as individuals.
7. Jiren. I'd like to see them develop a fighting game character whose gimmick is never budging a fucking inch.
8. Omega Shenron. Yeah, yeah, GT representation why the fuck not.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:01 am

Honestly, my best guesses are:

1. Bardock
2. Broly

Those are the most obvious ones, now for the less easy guesses.

3. Vegito (Blue, SS, Base, whatever people will WANT him)
4. Fused Zamasu (Please for the love of god, put him in and give him his manga moveset and swole build mixed with the anime moveset and halo. Please ArcSys don't ignore the Super manga.)
5. Janemba (One of the most unique DBZ villains)
6. Baby Vegeta (Because why not have some GT representation? I could see his moveset working out, and an evil Vegeta evens out with the evil Goku character in the game)
7/8 SS4 Goku/Vegeta (Honestly, I'd prefer this a thousand times over base form Goku/Vegeta. Give Goku Dragon Fist)

Honestly, I just want Fused Zamasu. He's the perfect (and probably only) opportunity for ArcSys to give the Super manga some representation too. Plus, unlike Vegito or other non-Gotenks fusion characters Fused Zamasu is supposed to be around the same level as Goku.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:14 pm

1. Janemba
2. Dabra
3. Vegetto (SSJ and SSJB)
4. Merged Zamasu
5. Broly
6. 5th Form Cooler
7. Omega Shenlong
8. Ribrianne

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:49 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:1. Janemba
2. Dabra
4. Merged Zamasu
5. Broly
6. 5th Form Cooler
7. Omega Shenlong
8. Ribrianne
Take that jackass out - the one who looks like he's wearing a rubber suit, replace him with Gero or Roshi and you've got yourself a deal!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:57 pm

If we get someone from GT, I would stick with SSj4 Gogeta and Super Yi Xing Long. I don't think we need SSj4 Goku and SSj4 Vegeta when we already have two Gokus and two Vegetas on the roster. SSj4 Gogeta could have some of GT Goku's attacks like Dragon Fist.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
2. Dabra
4. Merged Zamasu
5. Broly
6. 5th Form Cooler
7. Omega Shenlong
8. Ribrianne
Take that jackass out - the one who looks like he's wearing a rubber suit, replace him with Gero or Roshi and you've got yourself a deal!
Which one are you talking about?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
2. Dabra
4. Merged Zamasu
5. Broly
6. 5th Form Cooler
7. Omega Shenlong
8. Ribrianne
Which one are you talking about?
Shenlong, of course!