FighterZ Special Quotes/Dialogue: Heard any good ones?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

FighterZ Special Quotes/Dialogue: Heard any good ones?

Post by Silkman3003 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Since i made the XV2 thread in 2016, I figured I'd make an entire new thread dedicated to Dragon Ball FighterZ Special Quotes.

Anyway, like the title says, have you found any unique dialogue between the characters in DB FighterZ? Not only for the beta, but in terms of seeing recent gameplay videos for characters like Hit, Goku Black, etc.

I know that in DB FighterZ, some characters will call out their team members by their name.

And if both characters clash at the start, some unique dialogue will occur. Examples include Gohan VS Vegeta, where gohan says "Here I go Vegeta!"

Not to mention the Before Battle and Post Battle Quotes. If Beerus defeats Kid Buu, he'll say something like "I can't believe the supreme kai had trouble with you"
Last edited by Silkman3003 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ Special Quotes/Dialogue: Heard any good ones?

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:56 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I love that one.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: FighterZ Special Quotes/Dialogue: Heard any good ones?

Post by KBABZ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Not a major one, but in Goku's "generic" intro shot, he says "I am Son Goku, the Super Saiyan!" ...IN ENGLISH!!

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:50 pm

KBABZ wrote:Not a major one, but in Goku's "generic" intro shot, he says "I am Son Goku, the Super Saiyan!" ...IN ENGLISH!!
I like this one a lot. Also when you use the Kamehameha Super on Freeza I think he sometimes yells "IT'S OVER FREEEEEEEZAAAAA!!!". That one sounds awesome too, as well as even just Schemmel's regular Kamehameha sounds like it's got so much power behind it.

One quote I didn't like is Goku constantly saying "I'll be sure to visit your grave". That just doesn't sound like something Goku would ever say.

I love that characters talk to each other in this game and have their own unique interactions. Hearing Cell yell for Gohan to tap in when they're on the same team together is so weird yet so interesting to hear.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 pm

Asura wrote:I like this one a lot. Also when you use the Kamehameha Super on Freeza I think he sometimes yells "IT'S OVER FREEEEEEEZAAAAA!!!". That one sounds awesome too, as well as even just Schemmel's regular Kamehameha sounds like it's got so much power behind it.
One that I liked is Krillin going "Oh crap, Majin Buu?!" when his opponent is Kid Buu. Like, he knows what he's in for, there!

It's almost a shame there isn't any way to have the Goku vs. King Piccolo fight be referenced since neither character is there! One aspect I don't like is Clickenbeard's yell when Gohan goes SS2 in the Cell opening. It just lacks the power and emotion of the original. Similar thing with the Goku/Frieza clips. I would have totally accepted them using the clips they used for Kai to be extra accurate. I LOVE Goku's "You FOOL!!" when he finished off Frieza.

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:01 am

KBABZ wrote:
Asura wrote:I like this one a lot. Also when you use the Kamehameha Super on Freeza I think he sometimes yells "IT'S OVER FREEEEEEEZAAAAA!!!". That one sounds awesome too, as well as even just Schemmel's regular Kamehameha sounds like it's got so much power behind it.
One that I liked is Krillin going "Oh crap, Majin Buu?!" when his opponent is Kid Buu. Like, he knows what he's in for, there!

It's almost a shame there isn't any way to have the Goku vs. King Piccolo fight be referenced since neither character is there! One aspect I don't like is Clickenbeard's yell when Gohan goes SS2 in the Cell opening. It just lacks the power and emotion of the original. Similar thing with the Goku/Frieza clips. I would have totally accepted them using the clips they used for Kai to be extra accurate. I LOVE Goku's "You FOOL!!" when he finished off Frieza.
It's sad that in the Goku and Freeza dramatic finish he yells out "You moron!" instead of "YOU FOOL!". You'd think with how much people LOVE that line that they'd try and use it whenever they can. I hear that it is in the game though, apparently you have to do a level 3 special in order to hear it? Can't find any videos on that though.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:07 am

Asura wrote:It's sad that in the Goku and Freeza dramatic finish he yells out "You moron!" instead of "YOU FOOL!". You'd think with how much people LOVE that line that they'd try and use it whenever they can. I hear that it is in the game though, apparently you have to do a level 3 special in order to hear it? Can't find any videos on that though.
I agree! When I got up to that scene in the Full Colour in English it meant a whole lot that Goku uses the exact same words there as in Kai, I could just feel it coming from the page. I also remember getting up to the part in TFC where Satan takes out the two thugs after they shoot Bee, and he says "You FOOL!" in a very similar way. It made it click that Goku and Satan share one thing in common: A heart where it counts most.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ Special Quotes/Dialogue: Heard any good ones?

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:00 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I love that one.
I really do hope Nappa and the Ginyu Force becomes a running gag. Xenoverse is just golden for starting this trend.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:26 pm

Does Black and Hit have any good special dialogue with other characters in the game?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:25 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Does Black and Hit have any good special dialogue with other characters in the game?
From what I've seen and heard, for Goku Black, the character "interactions" he has with so far are

Captain Ginyu,

Goku and Vegeta

Frieza

Kid Gohan

Adult Gohan

Beerus

Tien

Yamcha

Krillin

Piccolo

Trunks

Hit

I know Hit says something like "You're not Goku." Same with Krillin. Ginyu says that he didn't know that there was someone else who could also switch bodies. Black Tells Kid Gohan that his rage isn't enough to satisfy him. I think Piccolo and Gohan say something like "so you're Black". Frieza tells him that he looks like someone he doesn't like.

Though sometimes it seems like one character will say something special, and the other character will say something generic. from what I tested, Goku Black's Pre Battle intro doesn't say anything special to Frieza, but post battle he calls Frieza's golden form "gaudy" and some more info I currently can't remember.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Does Black and Hit have any good special dialogue with other characters in the game?
Many characters react to him. Even the unthinkable, like Tien for example.

So far, he only reacts to Ssj Goku, SsjB Vegeta, Adult Gohan, Beerus (twice), F. Trunks and he has a unique winning quote with Freeza.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCaDCLlmZF8

Here:
1) Black reacts to Gotenks. He calls him "uncoath mortal", surely it's not generic. (Win quote)
2) Has a quote with Yamcha.
3) Calls Nappa an ugly, wretched Saiyan. (Win quote)
4) Has a quote with SsjB Goku (Win quote).

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Freeza thinking Yamcha is handsome.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:35 pm

I enjoy the Goku Black/Beerus exchange.

Also love a lot of the story cutscenes, particularly the Goku/Gohan/Piccolo scene where they discuss fusion and the any with Nappa that basically devolve into "Lol you can't even go Super Saiyan"

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:23 am

Fanfics be coming, get the ready.

Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:30 am

Nappa acknowledging he's a mid-class warrior is a nice touch. It's also the very first time a character mentions that classification in-universe/on-screen. :clap:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:47 am

Accurate shot!
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Olympian wrote:Image

Fanfics be coming, get the ready.
HOLY CRAP! :o One way or another, I will work this into my fanfic!

But the reason I came originally:

Krillin (Victory) - Now don't go charging in and dying Yamcha!

Too bad he didn't say "again."

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:16 am

i was looking through the voice files, and i noticed that android 21 seems to have special dialogue with beerus. she says something about how he looks like he doesn't have much meat on his bones. she also has a post battle quote with him. when i match Android 21 against Beerus in regular VS mode, they don't have any "special" dialogue with each other. Can anyone else here confirm that when you match Android 21 with Beerus, that she says nothing special to him in VS mode? Since sometimes special quotes can be a bit random(something it'll say something generic, other times special)

perhaps i'll upload the voice file for it one of these days. Or perhaps sometime this week. i haven't beat the story mode yet, but i did see some unique dialogue for the apparent [spoiler]"good version of Android 21"[/spoiler]that i've heard about, too. located in the folder where the characters have the special pre battle/post battle quotes