Something I was thinking about in terms of Xenoverse series

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Something I was thinking about in terms of Xenoverse series

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:57 am

Ok so the next big thing is the TOP, and we have the stuff with Fu, and possibly Mechikabura if they wanted to, but that feels like a lot to fit into one game, so how about this for an idea.

TOP is a seperate Xenoverse game, featuring as many of the 80 Fighters, all 12 Gods of destruction, and everyone up to now that ISNT from the Time Patrol. Treating it more as a pure fighting game, A TOP dedicated game.

Meanwhile, the DDR saga and all new content is treated like an expansion or a seperate game to run along side it (Like a pokemon red/blue or a red dead redepmtion zombie style thing). There'll be cross compatibility and rewards for both games in terms of skills, costumes, shared stuff for your time patroller who can be moved between both games back and forth.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Something I was thinking about in terms of Xenoverse series

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Well, Jiren is set to pop up in the next DLC, and Goku to go Ultra Instinct. So X2 is at least going to touch upon it with DLC 6. Depending on how well it does, I could see the ToP be implemented to some degree in X3.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Ok so the next big thing is the TOP, and we have the stuff with Fu, and possibly Mechikabura if they wanted to, but that feels like a lot to fit into one game, so how about this for an idea.

TOP is a seperate Xenoverse game, featuring as many of the 80 Fighters, all 12 Gods of destruction, and everyone up to now that ISNT from the Time Patrol. Treating it more as a pure fighting game, A TOP dedicated game.

Meanwhile, the DDR saga and all new content is treated like an expansion or a seperate game to run along side it (Like a pokemon red/blue or a red dead redepmtion zombie style thing). There'll be cross compatibility and rewards for both games in terms of skills, costumes, shared stuff for your time patroller who can be moved between both games back and forth.
or just implement a ToP gamemode? it'd be less tedious to make and it'd add more diversity to the Xenoverse series.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Phozz wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Ok so the next big thing is the TOP, and we have the stuff with Fu, and possibly Mechikabura if they wanted to, but that feels like a lot to fit into one game, so how about this for an idea.

or just implement a ToP gamemode? it'd be less tedious to make and it'd add more diversity to the Xenoverse series.
Yeah but I'm think how would we have a new Xenoverse adding in excess of 80 characters?

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:08 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Phozz wrote:

Yeah but I'm think how would we have a new Xenoverse adding in excess of 80 characters?
If they're going to add ToP characters, I'd rather them do it in XV3 rather than a different game. To be honest, I highly doubt Dimps/Bandai cares enough to implement all of that. If anyone else from the ToP is added to the game, it'd the important characters like Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne + the rest of her group, Kale, Caulifla, Kefla, etc