What improvements FighterZ 2 could make for an even better game?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

What improvements FighterZ 2 could make for an even better game?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Here's my suggestions:

- A open-world story mode similar to the Storm games (minus the long cutscenes, QTEs, and awful beat 'em up sections) and better ai.
- Less faulty netcoding
- A few alternate costumes
-More character specific autocombos
-Slightly more complicated motion inputs
-Make ki charging useful
-One.... only one guest guest character as DLC

One personal thing, I would like this roster...

Returning Characters
--Base--
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)
Gohan (Teen)
Gohan (Adult)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue)
Piccolo
Krillin
Trunks
Yamcha
Tien
Gotenks
#18 (now identifies as a good guy)
Nappa
Captain Ginyu
Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black

--DLC-- (characters originally only available as DLC now are on the base roster)
Master Roshi
Super Vegito
Bardock
Cooler
Broly
Janemba
Caulifla (now can fuse with Kale)

New Characters
--Base--
Hercule
Videl
Raditz
Toppo
Jiren
Omega Shenron
*new original character*
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What improvements FighterZ 2 could make for an even better game?

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Just bring another original story full of exciting content and interesting information with original characters too. If the new stuff end up being more incredible, then naturally it would be better than the first game. Oh, and avoid creating backstory for the new characters that barely makes sense. Anything else is just a bonus.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:39 am

Can we wait until the first one is done receiving support first before seeing wait will need to be done for the sequel?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 pm

What if story modes, like how System Arcs did with the first Super Sonic Warriors. Those were absolutely fucking gold.
A two level Super that is basically a low damaging pushback if you're getting cornered.
A MUCH harder Story mode.

And more content. I thought about maybe collecting pieces of older DBZ posters through some game mechanic, where eventually you can piece them together and archive them. That'd be a nice touch, especially because posters from the 90's era were sick as hell.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:36 am

Let Arcsys go all out on the story. Just let them BlazBlue all over it.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:02 pm

- Multiple assists per character
- Dragon Punch and Half-Circle inputs
- Good netcode
- No lobby crap

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 pm

-Story Mode should shift towards the style of Guilty Gear (mainly Xrd) and just have it focus on cutscenes like a movie. Either that or have the gameplay of story mode not be just fighting clones for 45+ maps, as it eventually just made me feel bored and want to take breaks from it every hour or so, which is the opposite of how a story mode should make you feel.

-All characters have 2-3 assist actions. More assists give you more options on how a team can go about fights and give it your own style, since every character does the same thing when you pick them it slowly makes everyone's team and gameplay style blend together which shouldn't be a thing in a 3v3 fighter. Not to mention only having one assist means people will gravitate towards only the best assists (which is usually why everyone in rank will have SSJ Vegeta or a beam assist)

-Make the Sparking! Mechanic not as powerful. Why would they implement Marvel vs Capcom 3's X-Factor and make it stronger, last longer, recover health quickly and give your character more gameplay properties like being able to air dash after any move or decrease the knockback on Super Dash, it's too many buffs given to the player at once and can easily make a comeback. I know that's the intention of the mechanic but they really should either make it last not as long, or remove a property or two (preferably the super dash buff)

That's really all the things I would want changed or tweaked a bit, and even the last point is just a personal gripe and can even be tweaked in future updates so it's not as important. Other than that there really isn't much of the game I'd feel they need to improve on.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:12 am

supersaiyanZero wrote: And more content. I thought about maybe collecting pieces of older DBZ posters through some game mechanic, where eventually you can piece them together and archive them. That'd be a nice touch, especially because posters from the 90's era were sick as hell.
Basically, like Kingdom Hearts 2 in its final mix / HD collection version, if you know about it.
You would randomly collect pieces and gradually complete several different jigsaw puzzles at the same time.

Then, I guess the system would pretty much like those two fullscreen Dragon Ball jigsaw puzzles with exactly the kind of poster picture they show, with the same way to have the pieces disappearing to offer you the proper, clean picture once you've succeeded:
https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=22c2721a6673
https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=01be7522a236
And the pictures would be in super high digital quality, remastered if necessary.

Yeah, I guess it would not be bad! I mean, Raging Blast 2 had an awful solo mode, but the idea of giving high quality pictures from the franchise for the collection was not half bad!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 am

1) Keep the lobby, I like it, but offer a proper title screen at the start for traditional folks.

2) Have a more involved story that doesn't feature endless amounts of clones. Pipedream would be having a story that is actually depicted in the latest anime and canonizes it. Said story would include Good 21 since she's my waifu.

3) More focus on OG Dragon Ball, both in roster and fighting locations. We've been fighting at the Buu TB arena for decades, what about the original, or King Furry's Palace? Both have great destructive finish potential!

4) Wider variety of destructive finishes. Smacking someone into a rock gets old after 100 of them. Smashing a character into the ground is a good option, or just a wider selection of objects for them to smash into. They can be made variable by finishing with combo moves too.

5) The in-fight cutscenes are of course brilliant, but the story cutscenes need A LOT of improvement.

6) Actual alternate costumes rather than just palette swaps. Given how even the Fighterz are, this can fill the need for fighting as, say, the various armour sets of Vegeta.

7) Oh, how could I forget? WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HIT X TO CONSTANTLY ADVANCE THE STORY CUTSCENES

8) Lobbies need an Offline Mode or Private Lobby you can opt into when first loading into the game.

9) Also, there's no excuse for there NOT to be a Party system so players can get together in a private lobby.
Last edited by KBABZ on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:36 am

I'd say FighterZ has a very solid foundation. With upcoming updates and eventual sequel I'm sure it'll be far better than it is in its current state.

The first thing I'd like changed is the intro movie. I have no problem with the intro playing everytime but it should be on the title screen not after I select to start the game.

Then there are all the changes I'd make to the lobby system. I'd honestly prefer if they didn't have it in the first place but that's definitely to drastic of a change to expect to happen. But if we are stuck with it then there are several things that should be implemented:
  • Add an option to be able to just start in an offline lobby in the start menu whether in settings or just a separate button along with default three. Sometimes I have no real need for all the online features and would be just fine starting there.

Fix all the technical issues people have been reporting with ring matches, disconnecting from lobbies, dropping connections, etc.

Add penalties to ragequitters.

Add a better more intuitive way to meet up with friends and send challenges and such.

Add an option to be able to stop the match making when someone is taking too long. Also kick people out of matchmaking when it's clear they are AFK.

Also make the "match found" notification more apparent. Whether it being louder or some other visual aspect so people will notice it more easily
Thirdly, they need to add a far more in-depth tutorial. Guilty Gear Xrd's tutorial is one of the best out theres teaching various in game mechanics to even meta strategies. FighterZ's tutorial is so bare bones that it's honestly quite baffling considering the kind of audience Bandai was attempting to get. I feel it inadaquately prepares newbies. Plus it leaves out the more complicated and deeper mechanics for more advanced players. Things like raw super tag ins have no reason to not be mentioned by the game itself.

They should also add more combo challenges. The ones in the game already are quite easy and aren't particularly useful to be all that honest.

Those are all the big ones I can think of at the moment. There are a couple more but they aren't that high on my priority, like adding in more colors in particular the ones found in the beta. Or more technical stuff like nerfs or buffs to certain characters (which even then it's probably still too early in the meta to be thinking of adding any big ones).
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:38 am

AgitoZ wrote:Thirdly, they need to add a far more in-depth tutorial. Guilty Gear Xrd's tutorial is one of the best out theres teaching various in game mechanics to even meta strategies. FighterZ's tutorial is so bare bones that it's honestly quite baffling considering the kind of audience Bandai was attempting to get. I feel it inadaquately prepares newbies. Plus it leaves out the more complicated and deeper mechanics for more advanced players. Things like raw super tag ins have no reason to not be mentioned by the game itself.
Did you play the story mode? The first arc has tutorial challenges that make sure you know how to do the skills outlined in the tutorials.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 am

KBABZ wrote:Did you play the story mode? The first arc has tutorial challenges that make sure you know how to do the skills outlined in the tutorials.
The tutorials in the story mode are just the tutorials that were found in practice all the way back in the beta. As I said they are very bare bones. This isn't really a change I want for me, I'm doing just fine. Overall, I'd like the tutorial improved and expanded for new players to fighting games. Just compare FighterZ to this.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:44 am

AgitoZ wrote:
KBABZ wrote:Did you play the story mode? The first arc has tutorial challenges that make sure you know how to do the skills outlined in the tutorials.
The tutorials in the story mode are just the tutorials that were found in practice all the way back in the beta. As I said they are very bare bones. This isn't really a change I want for me, I'm doing just fine. Overall, I'd like the tutorial improved and expanded for new players to fighting games. Just compare FighterZ to this.
Yeah that looks WAY to complicated for me.

I've never played fighting games before this, and while I'm under no delusion that I'd be capable of taking on an experienced player, I felt that the tutorials did a great job at teaching me just how to play fighting games, and with how accessible FighterZ is meant to be, I call that a win, particularly on the fact that the First Arc drills and spot-checks you on the moves. While I never can get the hang of blocking (the window is too tiny for me to do it at all), by the time I got about halfway through the Arc I was reliably pulling off the quarter-circle finishing moves. And this is from someone who sticks to Ratchet and LittleBigPlanet.

Maybe have all the super-complicated stuff under Expert Tutorials to teach the really advanced EV/LV-style stuff for the eSports players?