Dimps, we need to talk...

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Dimps, we need to talk...

Post by Phozz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:40 am

I don't even think I have to say anything at this point. XV2 is officially a broken mess and it's absolutely unacceptable. WHY DID WE NEED LIMIT BURST?! THE GAME IS ALREADY UNBALANCED AS F***! CAN WE FOCUS ON BALANCE BEFORE WE ADD THESE ABSURD MECHANICS TO THIS ALREADY BROKEN GAME?! I feel like these issues could be fixed if Dimps had a way to, oh I don't know, COMMUNICATE WITH THEIR FANS?! Why does every other game developer company have a social media account EXCEPT FOR DIMPS?! We ask for improved netcode and what do we get?! EVEN WORSE NETCODE AND EVEN WORSE BALANCE! DO THE DEVS EVEN PLAY XV2?! ISN'T DIMPS THE SAME COMPANY IN CHARGE OF THE STREET FIGHTER SERIES, AS OF NOW?! (A series that, debatably, has great balance!) ALSO... why does UI Goku passively dodge attacks with no consequence? Why are all of the DLC characters painfully average?! (Jiren doesn't even block with his glare... missed opportunity) besides the combos, R17, UI Goku, & Jiren's specials and ultimates are mostly generic... I LOVE THE XENOVERSE SERIES, but It breaks my heart to see a game with such GREAT POTENTIAL be poorly taken care of.

Now, the good things. CUSTOMIZABLE CAST CHARACTERS?! SUPER SAIYAN BLUE?! MORE HERO COLOSSEUM FIGURES?! THE UPCOMING STORY MODE WITH BEAUTIFULLY ANIMATED CUTSCENES?! AND DUAL ULTIMATES?! SIGN ME UP! This portion of the update made me so happy! Seeing Nappa go Super Saiyan, skipping time with Hit using dual time-skip molotov, seeing my cac transform into a god, and finally having a reason to play Hero Colosseum again! THIS IS WHAT WE WANT! THESE ARE EXCELLENT ADDITION TO THE GAME!

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dimps, we need to talk...

Post by Lightdasher » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 am

I can't speak for how broken Limit Burst may be, or how unbalanced the game is in general, since I only play PQs in this game. I also haven't gotten to see any of the new characters.

I do enjoy the ability to customize the cast. I also hope that, should any future iteration of Xenoverse come into our grasp, this ability will be available for all cast members. I was super let down upon finding out that Goten can't be customized (the kid has two presets, and two Super Souls, but the game gives him a single Soul for both? Madness!). I'm glad Videl can be customized, but I wish I could select a different outfit for her; her final preset has my favorite outfit, but it sucks to have no ultimates available there, so I'm left feeling a bit unfulfilled for her. I figured the inclusion of a feature like this would be a way to "fix" what some fans felt was either off/unjust/wrong about their favorite characters. While I'm happy I can at least give Goku a complete Kaio-Ken preset, the way the feature is now leaves still quite a bit to be desired. However, it is still very much welcomed, and I hope that this can be improved upon much further!

Dual Ultimates are fantastic as both a spectacle and tool for teamwork. I think little else compares in making buddy Time Patrollers garner a sense of togetherness as they overcome Parallel Quests, or even other Time Patrollers, and I appreciate the added tool a lot for that. Heheh, guess I'm just a sucker for friendship. I don't think I'll be grinding instructor relationships myself to unlock Dual Ultimates, but I can see this being great motivation to do so for other players. I'll be adding this to my list of points for "Why Would I Ever Go Back To Xenoverse 1 Now?"
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 am

Your post is very hard to read with cap locks.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:50 am

sangofe wrote:Your post is very hard to read with cap locks.
Sorry about that, I was angry :lol:

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:02 am

Lightdasher wrote:I can't speak for how broken Limit Burst may be, or how unbalanced the game is in general, since I only play PQs in this game. I also haven't gotten to see any of the new characters.

I do enjoy the ability to customize the cast. I also hope that, should any future iteration of Xenoverse come into our grasp, this ability will be available for all cast members. I was super let down upon finding out that Goten can't be customized (the kid has two presets, and two Super Souls, but the game gives him a single Soul for both? Madness!). I'm glad Videl can be customized, but I wish I could select a different outfit for her; her final preset has my favorite outfit, but it sucks to have no ultimates available there, so I'm left feeling a bit unfulfilled for her. I figured the inclusion of a feature like this would be a way to "fix" what some fans felt was either off/unjust/wrong about their favorite characters. While I'm happy I can at least give Goku a complete Kaio-Ken preset, the way the feature is now leaves still quite a bit to be desired. However, it is still very much welcomed, and I hope that this can be improved upon much further!

Dual Ultimates are fantastic as both a spectacle and tool for teamwork. I think little else compares in making buddy Time Patrollers garner a sense of togetherness as they overcome Parallel Quests, or even other Time Patrollers, and I appreciate the added tool a lot for that. Heheh, guess I'm just a sucker for friendship. I don't think I'll be grinding instructor relationships myself to unlock Dual Ultimates, but I can see this being great motivation to do so for other players. I'll be adding this to my list of points for "Why Would I Ever Go Back To Xenoverse 1 Now?"
I agree with you on changing outfits. I'm really wondering why they advertised mentors such as Hercule, Goku, Videl, & 18 in different outfits, but the option to change into those outfits isn't present at the moment. (My guess is that it's coming out next update... I really hope so!) I was really looking forward to SS Hercule & Yamcha in his OG DB costume.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:44 pm

Honestly, I find it somewhat pointless. I've tried it out but I've never needed to use it at all. I will say it does make me wish we had a way to break it somehow. It does make things wonky

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:28 pm

The feature is fine dude. Leave it alone. Take it from someone who's played XV2 since the beginning, this feature is a "god send" because it allows us players (who care nothing for balance and just want to blow things up alongside Son Goku) to live out our power fantasy and warped dreams.
So Dumps/Bandai if you are reading this (highly doubtful but I digress) DO NOT CHANGE THIS FEATURE. Leave it alone because I (and I'm sure other people) like it a lot.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:10 am

GTx10 wrote:The feature is fine dude. Leave it alone. Take it from someone who's played XV2 since the beginning, this feature is a "god send" because it allows us players (who care nothing for balance and just want to blow things up alongside Son Goku) to live out our power fantasy and warped dreams.
So Dumps/Bandai if you are reading this (highly doubtful but I digress) DO NOT CHANGE THIS FEATURE. Leave it alone because I (and I'm sure other people) like it a lot.
I've also played XV2 (AND XV1) since day 1... I have around 22 days played in XV2... why keep a broken feature in the game? No offense, but you sound absurd. "Keep this gamebreaking feature because I'm, like, the 1% of XV players who don't care about balance" If you would consider everyone as a community, you'd atleast say "Leave Limit Burst as an offline feature, but prohibit it online" That way, both sides are happy...

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:54 am

Phozz wrote:
GTx10 wrote:The feature is fine dude. Leave it alone. Take it from someone who's played XV2 since the beginning, this feature is a "god send" because it allows us players (who care nothing for balance and just want to blow things up alongside Son Goku) to live out our power fantasy and warped dreams.
I've also played XV2 (AND XV1) since day 1... I have around 22 days played in XV2... why keep a broken feature in the game? No offense, but you sound absurd. "Keep this gamebreaking feature because I'm, like, the 1% of XV players who don't care about balance" If you would consider everyone as a community, you'd atleast say "Leave Limit Burst as an offline feature, but prohibit it online" That way, both sides are happy...
Or at least keep it as an option for those who wants it.
My English is poor .

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:56 am

There's nothing wrong with Limit Burst except for the Super Souls that grants Super Armor, in PvP it might be a pain in the ass. But other than this situation, there's no problem at all with it.

I sometimes don't even remember it exists due to Dual Ultimate, which is more fun and such.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Phozz wrote:
Lol "As a community?" I don't give a rat's fluffy bottom about the "XV2 community." All I want is to blow things up with the cast of Dragon Ball, have fun my own way on my own time if you will. If a "broken feature" allows me to do so then I say I'm totally satified.

Hynia Yamucha makes a good point though, make the feature optional in PvP. I'm not against that in the slightest.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:57 pm

GTx10 wrote:
Phozz wrote:
Lol "As a community?" I don't give a rat's fluffy bottom about the "XV2 community." All I want is to blow things up with the cast of Dragon Ball, have fun my own way on my own time if you will. If a "broken feature" allows me to do so then I say I'm totally satified.

Hynia Yamucha makes a good point though, make the feature optional in PvP. I'm not against that in the slightest.
Isn't it turn off in "with limits" mode? Besides asking for balance in a rpg where in can change your stats at any time is dumb.

You want "balance" go play fighterz

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:40 pm

excelhedge wrote:
GTx10 wrote:
Phozz wrote: I've also played XV2 (AND XV1) since day 1... I have around 22 days played in XV2... why keep a broken feature in the game? No offense, but you sound absurd. "Keep this gamebreaking feature because I'm, like, the 1% of XV players who don't care about balance" If you would consider everyone as a community, you'd atleast say "Leave Limit Burst as an offline feature, but prohibit it online" That way, both sides are happy...

Isn't it turn off in "with limits" mode? Besides asking for balance in a rpg where in can change your stats at any time is dumb.

You want "balance" go play fighterz
Don't see what's wrong with not wanting to get 1 tapped by Final Kamehameha, but we all have our opinions...

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:08 pm

Is "tapped" another way of saying "one shot killed?" If so then that's if you're lucky enough to hit your target with the attack in question. But that is kind of the point of RPGs, you level up so you can KO your foe in one hit.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:45 pm

The biggest problem with XV2's combat is the stamina. It's such a broken mechanic and has a good idea in mind its implemented horribly.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:The biggest problem with XV2's combat is the stamina. It's such a broken mechanic and has a good idea in mind its implemented horribly.
I was thinking the same thing. I think they tried to fix this problem with limit burst (since you can activate it while being combo'd and stamina broken), but they went completely overboard with those perks (Auto just guard? Super armor? Final Kamehameha ATTK up? C'mon now...). XV3's combat system should require more wits. What would you improve in the stamina system?

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:41 pm

Phozz wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:The biggest problem with XV2's combat is the stamina. It's such a broken mechanic and has a good idea in mind its implemented horribly.
XV3's combat system should require more wits. What would you improve in the stamina system?
I'm curious about this too. It's likely just because I only play this game for the parallel quests, but the mechanic seems at least somewhat fairly balanced. How does it feel broken, among players, and what would those players suggest be done to fix the issue(s)?
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:09 pm

The only thing broken about Burst Limit is the ki system which can easily be fixed.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Lightdasher wrote:
Phozz wrote:
XV3's combat system should require more wits. What would you improve in the stamina system?
I'm curious about this too. It's likely just because I only play this game for the parallel quests, but the mechanic seems at least somewhat fairly balanced. How does it feel broken, among players, and what would those players suggest be done to fix the issue(s)?
I have sold my XV2 copy a while ago, but I remember absolutely hating the stamina system. It's not fun, and once you get your guard broken you just sit there and watch your character getting combo-ed without you being able to do anything about it. That's definitely not a good mechanic, and I hope they will get rid of it with the next game.
I feel like Tenkaichi 3 sort of nailed the gameplay for a 3D DBZ game so I hope they will be inspired from it for their next game. Even though in my opinion they should revert to the glorious 2.5D gameplay Dimps DBZ game always had before the first Xenoverse. It's less broken, more fun, and keeps the high speed battles feeling of XV2. Shin Budokai 2 is a prime example of how good a 2.5D DBZ game can be if done right.
With some workarounds they could be able to keep the multi-team battles, DB hunt thing and other gimmicks they introduced in PQs - my idea would be of seamlessly switch the gameplay from 2.5D to 3D after the fights are over.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:14 pm

emperior wrote:
Lightdasher wrote:
Phozz wrote:XV3's combat system should require more wits. What would you improve in the stamina system?
I have sold my XV2 copy a while ago, but I remember absolutely hating the stamina system. It's not fun, and once you get your guard broken you just sit there and watch your character getting combo-ed without you being able to do anything about it. That's definitely not a good mechanic, and I hope they will get rid of it with the next game.
I feel like Tenkaichi 3 sort of nailed the gameplay for a 3D DBZ game so I hope they will be inspired from it for their next game. Even though in my opinion they should revert to the glorious 2.5D gameplay Dimps DBZ game always had before the first Xenoverse. It's less broken, more fun, and keeps the high speed battles feeling of XV2. Shin Budokai 2 is a prime example of how good a 2.5D DBZ game can be if done right.
With some workarounds they could be able to keep the multi-team battles, DB hunt thing and other gimmicks they introduced in PQs - my idea would be of seamlessly switch the gameplay from 2.5D to 3D after the fights are over.
Exactly. Because of the stamina I can only play XV2 in short bursts because of how annoying it is. Imo, Budokai 3 handled stamina perfectly. I forget exactly how it happened, either after Hyper Mode or losing your transformation, but your character would stand still and catch their breath for a few moments and you had to press all 4 buttons to stop it. Then the action starts again. No 2 minutes of sitting there while the slow stamina bar recharges to full.