Music Packs are expensive!

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Music Packs are expensive!

Post by excelhedge » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Geez I can understand 14.99

But to pay that twice for Xenoverse and Fighterz

They're the same music tracks. Couldn't they just have made them a combo pack?

Great I'll just have to buy one now and get the other next month.

We shouldn't have to buy the exact same music twice though.
Last edited by excelhedge on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Music Packs are expensive!

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:44 pm

They're presumably licensed separately for each game, so it's not too surprising to see them charge for each game's version.

That being said, you do get a discount in Japan for owning the Xenoverse 2 version if you choose to buy the FighterZ version. It's a shame they couldn't do that internationally, as well.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:46 pm

Playing FighterZ on PS4 and I set Solid State Scouter as the BGM during practice, and this caused the PS4 to stop gameplay recording and register it as a blocked scene. Not cool IMO. For the price this pack was we should be able to at least use these functions in full.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Kodoshin wrote:Playing FighterZ on PS4 and I set Solid State Scouter as the BGM during practice, and this caused the PS4 to stop gameplay recording and register it as a blocked scene. Not cool IMO. For the price this pack was we should be able to at least use these functions in full.
Did you try recording the fights with the Replay Channel?

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:09 pm

I was thinking of buying the music pack for Xenoverse, is it all the same tracks as the FighterZ pack? Or is it kinda weird remixes like the Steve Aoki pack?

Edit: It is all the exact same, well that's good. I need Solid State Scouter in both games.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:56 pm

excelhedge wrote:
Did you try recording the fights with the Replay Channel?
I had been using it only in training mode, but the music did finally play in a few of the fights I had afterward and the situation remained the same.

The replay channel does maintain those replays, but the point is that with that content being blocked from the PS4 recording it's also blocked from use in PS4 services such as Shareplay and, worse, usually indicates that uploads of said footage will result in takedowns on services such as Youtube. Not a huge deal or anything, but certainly an annoyance.