I'm Surprised After 6 DLC Packs in Xenoverse 2 There's Still No Original Dragon Ball

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: I'm Surprised After 6 DLC Packs in Xenoverse 2 There's Still No Original Dragon Ball

Post by nato25 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:50 pm

I definitely would. Would open up heaps of narrative stuff as well. Get a few world tournaments with different results.

Would be really awesome to play on what happens if goku wins against Jackie chun which is against roshis plan to keep him off the top and motivated.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I'm Surprised After 6 DLC Packs in Xenoverse 2 There's Still No Original Dragon Ball

Post by KBABZ » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:21 pm

nato25 wrote:I definitely would. Would open up heaps of narrative stuff as well. Get a few world tournaments with different results.

Would be really awesome to play on what happens if goku wins against Jackie chun which is against roshis plan to keep him off the top and motivated.
Yeah! Would provide really interesting ideas considering how early it is. Goku would be a slacker on top, the Red Ribbon might control part of the Dragon Earth, Daimao may have destroyed West City after all, etc.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:46 pm

KBABZ wrote:
nato25 wrote:I definitely would. Would open up heaps of narrative stuff as well. Get a few world tournaments with different results.

Yeah! Would provide really interesting ideas considering how early it is. Goku would be a slacker on top, the Red Ribbon might control part of the Dragon Earth, Daimao may have destroyed West City after all, etc.
And, your level 1 CaC, on par with Raditz, one shots them. :lol:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
KBABZ wrote:

And, your level 1 CaC, on par with Raditz, one shots them. :lol:
Uhh... uhh... WAVES LIKE FROM FIGHTERZ

-runs away-

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:49 am

There'd be a lot of cool stories they could use, I really wanna see King Piccolo with Slug interrupting and stealing his wish for youth, so you could potentially fight him with his giant form later on, Goku and Android 8 at muscle tower, then bring in the other Androids there to attempt to kill Goku for a big Android fight, and other things. I just need muh Dragon Ball in there.

Besides for power levels they increase them so much in story mode to where even Hercule gets powered up to give your character a challenge, anything's possible. They make Dark Yamcha seem like one of the strongest guys ever in the game lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:22 am

I would like them to bring back the what if story of #16 going back in time to kill Goku during the RR Army arc. It would fit well into Xenoverse.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:57 am

Do Krillin, Yamcha and Tien not count as OG Dragon Ball?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:46 am

Nevaeh wrote:Do Krillin, Yamcha and Tien not count as OG Dragon Ball?
They move over to DBZ, learn how to fly, and get stronger (to an extent).

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:26 pm

The power scaling is incredibly messed up in xv2 (ill always point to base vegeta beating super janemba), at this point you just need to ignore it and have fun with the narrative possibilities.

A dark powerup can bring anyone up to speed.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:52 pm

EXBadguy wrote: And since there are weaker characters from Z in Xenoverse like Appule and Frieza Soldier, I hope in the future they get rid of them and replace them for a couple DB/DBGT villains.
Why would they get rid of them?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:01 pm

I remember playing with Dragon Ball characters and Arale in Tenkaichi 3 but that rubbed me off the wrong way, I don't know what it was exactly, it just didn't feel like those characters should have been included in a 3D over-the-shoulder game. DB/Arale are more suitable for 2D/2.5D.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Xenoverse 2 is a joke and bad cash grab.
Kid Goku, Roshi, King Piccolo and Mercenary Tao or Arale deserved to be in this game.
The same goes for Baby Vegeta that was requested by many people for a very long time. No one care for ape form if you can't play it.

While i can obviously understand adding UI or Jiren, existence of Frost, Champa and Vados in this game is a joke. Waste of space.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:57 pm

So now that Tao is in Legends using a jetpack, I take back what I've said about DB characters not flying since Dimps can make them have jets to fly, but I STILL do think that some DB characters do not fit in the Xenoverse concept, like Nam using a jetpack would be so out of character for him. The ones I that I see are worthy for a future Xenoverse sequel are Tao, Roshi, King Piccolo, Kid Goku, Android 8, Grandpa Gohan, and Devilman. The rest of them are just too out of the loop.
Kanassa wrote:
EXBadguy wrote: And since there are weaker characters from Z in Xenoverse like Appule and Frieza Soldier, I hope in the future they get rid of them and replace them for a couple DB/DBGT villains.
Why would they get rid of them?
Because nobody uses them and they barely have any variety in moves. They could've taken out the Saibamen, Cell Jr, Frieza Soldiers, and Appule and replace them with Kid Goku, King Piccolo, Garlic Jr, and Baby Vegeta. And it's not like Dimps haven't been shafting characters before, Zarbon and Dodoria didn't return in for the rest of the Budokai series after the first one and the Saiabamen and Cell Jrs were unplayable minion characters in Budokai 1 & 2, which was how it should've been in Xenoverse tbh.
Last edited by EXBadguy on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:13 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Xenoverse 2 is a joke and bad cash grab.
Kid Goku, Roshi, King Piccolo and Mercenary Tao or Arale deserved to be in this game.
The same goes for Baby Vegeta that was requested by many people for a very long time. No one care for ape form if you can't play it.

While i can obviously understand adding UI or Jiren, existence of Frost, Champa and Vados in this game is a joke. Waste of space.
At this point, the only characters who "deserve" to be in a game are most Z characters and some movie characters because they are staple characters in video games. Db and DBGT dont matter as much and DBS is slowly becoming a staple in the games.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:33 pm

EXBadguy wrote:Because nobody uses them and they barely have any variety in moves. They could've taken out the Saibamen, Cell Jr, Frieza Soldiers, and Appule and replace them with Kid Goku, King Piccolo, Garlic Jr, and Baby Vegeta. And it's not like Dimps haven't been shafting characters before, Zarbon and Dodoria didn't return in for the rest of the Budokai series after the first one and the Saiabamen and Cell Jrs were unplayable minion characters in Budokai 1 & 2, which was how it should've been in Xenoverse tbh.
So, they have no reason to get rid of them?If nobody uses them, there's no reason to get rid of them. If people do use them, there's no reason to get rid of them. There is nothing gained by getting rid of them, so what is the point of getting rid of them? Also, you complain about them having little variety in their moves, only then suggest replacing them with the likes of Kid Goku and Piccolo, who we basically have.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Kanassa wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:Because nobody uses them and they barely have any variety in moves. They could've taken out the Saibamen, Cell Jr, Frieza Soldiers, and Appule and replace them with Kid Goku, King Piccolo, Garlic Jr, and Baby Vegeta. And it's not like Dimps haven't been shafting characters before, Zarbon and Dodoria didn't return in for the rest of the Budokai series after the first one and the Saiabamen and Cell Jrs were unplayable minion characters in Budokai 1 & 2, which was how it should've been in Xenoverse tbh.
So, they have no reason to get rid of them?If nobody uses them, there's no reason to get rid of them. If people do use them, there's no reason to get rid of them. There is nothing gained by getting rid of them, so what is the point of getting rid of them? Also, you complain about them having little variety in their moves, only then suggest replacing them with the likes of Kid Goku and Piccolo, who we basically have.
Kid Goku from DB does not fight the same as the one from GT. Unlike the GT Goku, the DB one can use his power pole for regular combos, as he did in the series. And what makes you think that King Piccolo would be a waste when he fights differently than his son too?
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:08 am

Xenoverse 2 is just a brainless, button-mashing, rehash of Xenoverse 1 repackaged as "Xenoverse 2" with new content but just as boring as the first one was. Some call it "Xenoverse 1.5" and they're quite right to.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Lucky_Deity

Post by Lucky_Deity » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:43 pm

To get past the can't fly problem, give them jetpacks like Mr. Satan. I think in DB Legends Mercenary Tao has a jetpack as well anyway, proving my point, there's no reason not to.

If they were to include any DB characters the most important characters they'd need would be Kid Goku, Mercenary Tao and King Piccolo.
For semi-important characters I'd got with General Blue, Grandpa Gohan and Tambourine.
Some nice other characters to include would be Chi-Chi (23rd World Tournament), Kid Krillin, Nam, Android 8, Bandages and Spike.
I'd love to see Arale as well with a Penguin Village stage, that'd be amazing. Plus she's appeared in Super twice, once as a cameo, the other a full blown episode.

EDIT - Add Yamcha's original outfit as well plus, even though they're not exclusive to DB, we need Master Roshi and Yajirobe, even if not Yajirobe, Master Roshi is a must, especially participating as a fighter in two arcs of Super.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Lucky_Deity wrote:To get past the can't fly problem, give them jetpacks like Mr. Satan. I think in DB Legends Mercenary Tao has a jetpack as well anyway, proving my point, there's no reason not to.

If they were to include any DB characters the most important characters they'd need would be Kid Goku, Mercenary Tao and King Piccolo.
For semi-important characters I'd got with General Blue, Grandpa Gohan and Tambourine.
Some nice other characters to include would be Chi-Chi (23rd World Tournament), Kid Krillin, Nam, Android 8, Bandages and Spike.
I'd love to see Arale as well with a Penguin Village stage, that'd be amazing. Plus she's appeared in Super twice, once as a cameo, the other a full blown episode.

EDIT - Add Yamcha's original outfit as well plus, even though they're not exclusive to DB, we need Master Roshi and Yajirobe, even if not Yajirobe, Master Roshi is a must, especially participating as a fighter in two arcs of Super.
Kid Goku could fly using either a nimbus or his tail like a helicopter propeller while Roshi could use the turtle in XV2. I’m pretty sure King Piccolo can already fly and so can Tambourine.

So with Kid Goku, Master Roshi, General Tao (with Cyborg Tao preset), King Piccolo, Tambourine, and dragon ball versions of Tien, Yamcha, and Krillin as presets, we’re good.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:17 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:
Xenoverse 2 is just a brainless, button-mashing, rehash of Xenoverse 1 repackaged as "Xenoverse 2" with new content but just as boring as the first one was. Some call it "Xenoverse 1.5" and they're quite right to.
And yet XV2 is was the highest grossing db game before FighterZ i believe.

And I'm sure you’re probably gonna buy XV3.