I'm Surprised After 6 DLC Packs in Xenoverse 2 There's Still No Original Dragon Ball

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Re: I'm Surprised After 6 DLC Packs in Xenoverse 2 There's Still No Original Dragon Ball

Post by Logania » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:13 am

Grimlock wrote:Bojack isn't in the Infinite History because he can't contribute at all to it. Unlike Android 13 as you mentioned, he's an android and therefore has a meaning to appear in Cell saga/along with the other androids.
He could've had more of a role with the others but he essentially replaced 16's role for the alternate timeline 17/18. Having even the same type of personality at the end of the section when interacting and leaving with them after they kill Goku. It's most likely why 16 isn't in the mission in the first place unless you pick him as your partner.
Grimlock wrote:As for their transformations, well, I don't like them so to me is a big whatever. I prefer them in base form as it is.
It's still a major part of their character in the movies and should've been included as it's their most recognizable appearance. It's why there's 3 forms of Cooler and LSSJ Broly instead of just his SSJ form. They shouldn't cut corners just because its extra as DLC.
Grimlock wrote: Please remember and understand that the Infinite History was not meant to showcase the movie villains. It was to present Fu. They were all "tools" there for the bigger picture, not the real deal.
Fu is the main character point of story, but the story itself is highlighting the entire extra pack set, like 1&2, 3&4 (except Bojack because lol f*** him) and they don't do anything of value from Pack 1 aside of Dabura and slightly Tapion. Changing history had some really fun ideas like Turles betraying you and joining Black and Zamasu to become one of the Gods, SSJB vs SSJ4, Ginyu stealing Blacks body etc. They should've used the EP1 characters to the fullest but Buu is unchanged to his Vegito fight, 13 replaces 16, Tapion is used for 1 path plot wise and Super 17 is only a PQ not even in the story. I wanted to feel like the characters were worth it and it heavily disappointed me.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Re: I'm Surprised After 6 DLC Packs in Xenoverse 2 There's Still No Original Dragon Ball

Post by Phozz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:23 am

Kanassa wrote:I don't think it's a matter of people not wanting to add Dragon Ball content, simply that not many people really give that much of a shit when it comes to OG Dragon Ball content in a game. If no substantial amount of people are really clamoring to see such things in Xenoverse, why would DIMPs be aiming to add them?
I've seen a ton of people say they wanted OG DB characters.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:51 am

I'm not, the original Dragon Ball isn't that popular.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:17 am

Phozz wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I don't think it's a matter of people not wanting to add Dragon Ball content, simply that not many people really give that much of a shit when it comes to OG Dragon Ball content in a game. If no substantial amount of people are really clamoring to see such things in Xenoverse, why would DIMPs be aiming to add them?
Yes and those amount of people aren't a ton in the grand scheme of things.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:53 am

Kanassa wrote:
Phozz wrote:
I just want muh Kid Goku :'l

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:13 am

Phozz wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Phozz wrote: I've seen a ton of people say they wanted OG DB characters.
I think the best you can hope for is a costume for GT Kid Goku that gives him the Nimbus awakening.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:48 am

Kanassa wrote:
Phozz wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Yes and those amount of people aren't a ton in the grand scheme of things.
I think the best you can hope for is a costume for GT Kid Goku that gives him the Nimbus awakening.
I'd be kind of ok with that.. I guess it's better than nothing. I also REALLY wanted Arale, but I doubt that'll happen too.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:34 pm

Their is only one character I'd want from Dragon Ball and thats King Piccolo.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:37 am

Personally as a fan of Goku growing up on earth, I really want to have this in my Xenoverse game
I know that they are too weak and cannot fly but that anime is just as much of the timeline as the rest of Dragon Ball.
It is a series based on time travel after all.

At least in Xenoverse 3.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Bullza wrote:I'm not, the original Dragon Ball isn't that popular.
And so is GT.
My English is poor .

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
Bullza wrote:I'm not, the original Dragon Ball isn't that popular.
And so is GT.
No, but it's probably still more popular than the original Dragon Ball even though it's shit.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:57 pm

Aside from King Piccolo and his goons, everyone else from DB are either too weak or don't fit the Xenoverse concept at all. But I think some things can be done with Tao and Roshi. Tao can be in his Cyborg X form from Dragon Ball Online and have jet/hover shoes to fly, while Roshi can use some form of what-if technique to fly, since he's a major character and participated in the ToP.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:11 am

They could save it for XV3.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:39 am

EXBadguy wrote:Aside from King Piccolo and his goons, everyone else from DB are either too weak or don't fit the Xenoverse concept at all. But I think some things can be done with Tao and Roshi. Tao can be in his Cyborg X form from Dragon Ball Online and have jet/hover shoes to fly, while Roshi can use some form of what-if technique to fly, since he's a major character and participated in the ToP.
There's also Commander Red, he could appear if it's cameo or to serve as a backstory character to explain the presence of Android 9. Aside from Piccolo Daimaoh and Commander Red (maybe Tao Pai Pai too), there's really no one else from Dragon Ball to include in Xenoverse.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:32 am

DB Kid Goku can use the Kinto'un to fly in combat similar how he did in Ultimate Battle 22.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:DB Kid Goku can use the Kinto'un to fly in combat similar how he did in Ultimate Battle 22.
Except, that's already the "transformation" for human characters.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:40 pm

EXBadguy wrote:Aside from King Piccolo and his goons, everyone else from DB are either too weak or don't fit the Xenoverse concept at all.
I don't buy the too weak argument since FighterZ can have Yamcha go up against Beerus and win.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:16 pm

KBABZ wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:Aside from King Piccolo and his goons, everyone else from DB are either too weak or don't fit the Xenoverse concept at all.
I don't buy the too weak argument since FighterZ can have Yamcha go up against Beerus and win.
For most of the game, most of the characters' power has been massively suppressed.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:52 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:For most of the game, most of the characters' power has been massively suppressed.
True but I meant in a general sense. I mean when you're playing a Versus match, you're not in the context of the story mode, right? Since if you get the matchups correct you recreate scenes from the shows, right?

Beerus also doesn't appear as an opponent in the story mode anyways.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:44 pm

KBABZ wrote:
But you're forgetting one thing, Xenoverse isn't FighterZ. In FighterZ, most of the characters are balanced for tournament purposes, while in Xenoverse (& most DBZ games), there isn't, as there are differences in power stats...by a lot. As much as I hate to say it, but Xenoverse goes by a realistic approach when it comes to power levels. It doesn't matter what game mode you play. As I said again, there can be innovative ideas for Roshi and Tao, but I ain't holding my breath for them.

And since there are weaker characters from Z in Xenoverse like Appule and Frieza Soldier, I hope in the future they get rid of them and replace them for a couple DB/DBGT villains.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.