So, with Xenoverse's 2 newest update, how strong IS Conton Hero?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

So, with Xenoverse's 2 newest update, how strong IS Conton Hero?

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:41 am

Title says it all.

I know, I know, powerscaling can be a real pain. But, it does make me wonder where exactly on the totem they would stand (say, level 99, and stats maxed for biggest boost possible). Thoughts?

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Re: So, with Xenoverse's 2 newest update, how strong IS Conton Hero?

Post by Lightdasher » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:22 am

Boring answer would be, as strong as they need to be.

But whoever he/she is, they're probably meant to be the strongest being in all of Dragon Ball, once all is said and done. To have dealing with Raditz being an initial test of sorts and have them eventually rival characters like Blue Goku later on, I can only imagine that their rate of improvement is the fastest of any fighter in any history. Not to mention being able to learn any skill, that's prodigal without a doubt.
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:50 am

By nature of the game, the fact that they've been able to land blows on and defeat Beerus and Whis from day one puts them well above any other mortal fighter in the main series cast. Yeah, you can explain it away that the two of them are just fooling around, but we've seen Whis fooling around with Goku and Vegeta and they couldn't even touch him. Not so with the Conton Hero.

With regards to this update, it kind of struck me just how easy and anticlimactic Jiren's defeat is in the story update. Like, they hype up his introduction and naturally everyone makes a big deal about how big a deal it is that you're up against THE current big dog of Dragon Ball power levels. But then the fight is not only not that difficult from a gameplay perspective, but they don't even dwell on it in the aftermath. You just beat Jiren, no big deal, now go go have your boss fight with Dabura.

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:19 am

Kataphrut wrote:With regards to this update, it kind of struck me just how easy and anticlimactic Jiren's defeat is in the story update. Like, they hype up his introduction and naturally everyone makes a big deal about how big a deal it is that you're up against THE current big dog of Dragon Ball power levels. But then the fight is not only not that difficult from a gameplay perspective, but they don't even dwell on it in the aftermath. You just beat Jiren, no big deal, now go go have your boss fight with Dabura.
Agreed there. I was able to play the DLC about a day after the initial release, but totally forgot that we even fought Jiren in the added story. xD I remember Dabura, fighting the androids, even Videl, but Jiren was glossed over too quickly.
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:29 am

Well, Final Form Mira was beyond universal and you (& Goku) were able to beat him. [spoiler]You were able to beat UI Goku (Even though you utilized the energy Fu gave you, but it's still an impressive feat none the less)[/spoiler] I'd say that your XV2 character is stronger than your XV1 character who was able to beat Final Form Demigra (Look up some of his feats and you'll see why this is impressive). & finally, if you're using a Saiyan in XV1 and XV2, XV2 Saiyans have SSB :lol: (I don't know if that should be taken seriously)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Beerus and Whis with you when they fight.
Whis and Beerus still bail on most of even the very latest fights in the new story mode because it's beneath their notice.

You do beat a powered up Jiren but that's part of a team battle with at least one of your allies being ambiguously powered up by Fuu.

You do beat UI Goku in ONE possible ending but some of the endings make no sense and clearly aren't the canon ones, either that or some of the ooc/power scaling final boss combos make so little sense they can only be explained by the at timeline version of the enemy you are fighting is at a different strength level to their canon counterpart to the point you can't scale it.

Either way you were powered up by Fuu by an unspecified amount. And even afterwards you are both panting with the fight being undecided. Goku recovers his breath first and usually that's even with your mentor helping you.

Sometimes battles on XV1 were done with or w.o help.
So we know that CaC1 beat Demigra final form, but we don't know if he needed super saiyan 3 Gokus help to do it or not... We know Mira is stronger then that before he goes that white SS4 form. We know that you beat him, but that's with Trunks help. (Despite the jokes he's said to be a lot stronger than XV1 only falling to a powered up Janemba and possibly others before you arrive, you then get Vegetas help against super Janemba) so we don't know what portion of the credit goes to CaC2

We know you are below Beerus and Whis.
We know you are above enhanced Broly.

I'm not sure what other solo fights there are to gauge it on.

Here's my strength checker I made which covers all but the latest DLC.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I1I ... p=drivesdk
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:12 pm

I mean...this is a game where we can potentially beat UI Goku and Jiren as a Saibaman...

They're as strong as the game needs them to be. It doesn't always make sense, but then again the games don't make sense from a scaling perspective. But, being amped with Fu's energy, they were able to stand the very least be on par with MUI Goku.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:10 pm

On the Jiren fight, if you take Hit with you and talk to him after the mission, he remarks that Jiren seemed to be much weaker than he was in the TOP.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:46 am

I think in story mode the game wants your CAC to be on par with Goku.

IIRC Vegeta has a line about this.