No Xenoverse 3 in 2019?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

No Xenoverse 3 in 2019?

Post by shadd21 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:53 pm

I remember reading some rumors saying that Xenoverse 3 was not in development.. [spoiler]and instead, an action rpg based on pre-Z Dragon Ball was being worked on.[/spoiler] Was this rumor ever debunked?

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: No Xenoverse 3 in 2019?

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm still clinging to the hopes we get a Burst Limit 2.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:06 pm

It's in development.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:30 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:It's in development.
What makes you so sure about that?

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:14 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:I'm still clinging to the hopes we get a Burst Limit 2.
Burst Limit 2 with Buu Saga - Future Trunks Arc would be awesome. Gameplay felt so good in it shame about...well everything else lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:33 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:I'm still clinging to the hopes we get a Burst Limit 2.
I doubt that now that FighterZ is around. Budokai is stale compared to it now.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:17 am

Responding to the thread itself: whenever it comes to rumors like this, for any game, I always ignore them until some sort of official confirmation comes. It saves me a lot of time otherwise spent worrying or wondering.
Logania wrote:Burst Limit 2 with Buu Saga - Future Trunks Arc would be awesome. Gameplay felt so good in it shame about...well everything else lol
Seconded, though admittedly mostly just because I want to play as Goten in the updated Budokai style. xD But hey, I also remember the super cool-looking re-enactment cutscenes, graphical style that still looks nice today, and at least 1 memorable song! So I guess it had a few more pluses going for it.
EXBadguy wrote:I doubt that now that FighterZ is around. Budokai is stale compared to it now.
I dunno', I'd say they're two different styles; the Budokais being the Tekken to FighterZ's Blazblue. There's definitely great appeal to both still.
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:59 pm

shadd21 wrote:
Because I know that it is.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:47 pm

For the topic, I say that if it is true that an RPG game in the works, then hell with it, as long as they have more time to work on another Xenoverse game. 2020 would be the perfect year for a XV3.
Lightdasher wrote: I dunno', I'd say they're two different styles; the Budokais being the Tekken to FighterZ's Blazblue. There's definitely great appeal to both still.
That's not the point though. Namco Bandai said that they are trying to appeal to both fanbases, with one side favoring the 2-D/competitive games and the other favoring the 3-D simulator/adventure. Since FighterZ is doing a good job catering to its fanbase, I say there's no need for a Budokai game anymore. Those days are done!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Lightdasher wrote: Seconded, though admittedly mostly just because I want to play as Goten in the updated Budokai style. xD But hey, I also remember the super cool-looking re-enactment cutscenes, graphical style that still looks nice today, and at least 1 memorable song! So I guess it had a few more pluses going for it.
I would to play as a teenaged Goten from EOZ but that's a wild dream for me at this point.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:40 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
shadd21 wrote:
Why? What makes you believe that their not making a DB ARPG game?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:51 pm

shadd21 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
shadd21 wrote:What makes you so sure about that?
Very trustworthy members here have inside info about it so it's happening. Even if you don't beleive them, why wouldn't the most successful DB game franchise get a 3rd game ? The Naruto storm series got 4 main game and 2 side games so as long as Toriyama and the main story keep going, it probably won't stop at a 3rd game.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:44 pm

sintzu wrote:Very trustworthy members here have inside info about it so it's happening. Even if you don't beleive them, why wouldn't the most successful DB game franchise get a 3rd game ? The Naruto storm series got 4 main game and 2 side games so as long as Toriyama and the main story keep going, it probably won't stop at a 3rd game.
Tenkaichi was a huge success and it got three games and that was it although fans kept wishing for a 'Tenkaichi 4.' To be fair, Tenkaichi 4 does exist but it's titled Raging Blast and Tenkaichi 5 is Raging Blast 2.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:12 pm

I'd take a pre-Z Action RPG over the umpteenth DBZ sim any day.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:16 pm

shadd21 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
shadd21 wrote:What makes you so sure about that?
I'll say it again, because I KNOW that it is in development.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:28 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I'll say it again, because I KNOW that it is in development.
So sorry, but I don't think that's how it works. Mind to provide a legit/official source for your knowledge about it?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:23 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:
sintzu wrote:Very trustworthy members here have inside info about it so it's happening. Even if you don't beleive them, why wouldn't the most successful DB game franchise get a 3rd game ? The Naruto storm series got 4 main game and 2 side games so as long as Toriyama and the main story keep going, it probably won't stop at a 3rd game.
Tenkaichi was a huge success and it got three games and that was it although fans kept wishing for a 'Tenkaichi 4.
The difference is that the tenkaichi series had no new material to use. The 3rd covered everything from DB, Z & GT. Tenkaichi 2 had nearly everyone you could want from a DB game.

XV 2 on the other had still has multiple characters it needs to add from Z, GT & Super. It also hasn't given us any DB characters and that's not counting what comes after Super such as new movies and a series.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:58 am

Grimlock wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I'll say it again, because I KNOW that it is in development.
So sorry, but I don't think that's how it works. Mind to provide a legit/official source for your knowledge about it?
No can do.
Believe me or not, I know that it's been in development for at least a few months.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:47 am

sintzu wrote:The difference is that the tenkaichi series had no new material to use. The 3rd covered everything from DB, Z & GT. Tenkaichi 2 had nearly everyone you could want from a DB game.

XV 2 on the other had still has multiple characters it needs to add from Z, GT & Super. It also hasn't given us any DB characters and that's not counting what comes after Super such as new movies and a series.
Xenoverse games don't count. Raging Blast were developed by Spike the same company that produced the Tenkaichi series so they were subtle sequels without making a big deal out of it, even on the rear cover of RB1 it says "Next Level Tenkaichi" so that speaks for itself.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:29 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
No can do.
Believe me or not, I know that it's been in development for at least a few months.
Great to know, I believe you. Do you actually know a little more about it? It seems like Dimps is co-developing the new game, Legends, which looks quite good in terms of art-style compared to Xenoverse 2 which is making me hope XV3 will aim for a more anime-like look.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical