"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RedHeat
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by RedHeat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 pm

New characters have been revealed including their names: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/9871 ... 16097?s=19
Feels over Reals.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:09 am

Damn, I was hoping to get a better image of some characters.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 am

Dear God, it's shallot black!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:02 am

RedHeat wrote:New characters have been revealed including their names: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/9871 ... 16097?s=19
Loving the designs of all these!

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:12 am

Kanassa wrote:Dear God, it's shallot black!
Subarashi, saiya-jin

I suspect this guy might be someone else though.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:39 am

Hmm, so the dual swords guy is Zahha who apparently is a "magical swordsman that helps Shallot". Sounds like a good guy. The hooded guy resembles a Shallot from a different time and space. Since the story of the DB Legends game is a supposed "Tournament of Time" inviting characters from different eras, maybe this guy is actually an evil Shallot. He's wearing the same armor and has pretty much the same face under the hood. His description even says, "he likes to travel around destroying stuff". However, I wonder then who "Giblet" is since that was revealed by the data mine. If these are the 3 characters designed by Akira Toriyama, and there are no more new characters, then by process of elimination wouldn't the hooded guy by Giblet? It's not certain since Shallot is definitely a saiyan name but Giblet is not. I also think that neither Shallot or the hooded guy is the mysterious saiyan shown in the movie trailer. I think that's a yet to be revealed new character, who will be much older in appearance. I still think that will be Yamoshi.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:07 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:Hmm, so the dual swords guy is Zahha who apparently is a "magical swordsman that helps Shallot". Sounds like a good guy. The hooded guy resembles a Shallot from a different time and space. Since the story of the DB Legends game is a supposed "Tournament of Time" inviting characters from different eras, maybe this guy is actually an evil Shallot. He's wearing the same armor and has pretty much the same face under the hood. His description even says, "he likes to travel around destroying stuff". However, I wonder then who "Giblet" is since that was revealed by the data mine. If these are the 3 characters designed by Akira Toriyama, and there are no more new characters, then by process of elimination wouldn't the hooded guy by Giblet? It's not certain since Shallot is definitely a saiyan name but Giblet is not. I also think that neither Shallot or the hooded guy is the mysterious saiyan shown in the movie trailer. I think that's a yet to be revealed new character, who will be much older in appearance. I still think that will be Yamoshi.
You really think Zahha is a good guy? This feels too much like the classic backstab trope. He looks too evil and the way he’s portrayed in the trailer seems very antagonistic. The whole Giblet thing has me confused too. The Hooded Guy looks like Shallot but has a different voice actor and is the only person who CAN be Giblet.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:18 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:You really think Zahha is a good guy? This feels too much like the classic backstab trope. He looks too evil and the way he’s portrayed in the trailer seems very antagonistic. The whole Giblet thing has me confused too. The Hooded Guy looks like Shallot but has a different voice actor and is the only person who CAN be Giblet.
Based on his description of helping Shallot, yes, I do believe that he's a good guy. The villain seems more like the hooded guy that likes to destroy stuff. I mean it's a magical swordsman guy - when have they been that evil? He's using swords which makes me think he's actually weak.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:32 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:You really think Zahha is a good guy? This feels too much like the classic backstab trope. He looks too evil and the way he’s portrayed in the trailer seems very antagonistic. The whole Giblet thing has me confused too. The Hooded Guy looks like Shallot but has a different voice actor and is the only person who CAN be Giblet.
Based on his description of helping Shallot, yes, I do believe that he's a good guy. The villain seems more like the hooded guy that likes to destroy stuff. I mean it's a magical swordsman guy - when have they been that evil? He's using swords which makes me think he's actually weak.
4 things

1. The way he looks in the opening cinematic makes him come off more as an antagonist then a friend

2. He’s magical, and more often then not, magical characters tend to be villains (Towa, Dabura, Buu, Babidi, all Demons from DBHeroes, etc)

3. Swords don’t mean the users are weak. Trunks, Tapion, Dabura, Fuu, Janemba, etc all have swords.

4. (This is a personal bias but) He just LOOKS evil. Between the green skin, pointed ears and smug grin, he looks devious. He resembles many of the recent villains that we’ve been getting in our video games (probably because he looks like a demon).
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:18 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: 4 things

1. The way he looks in the opening cinematic makes him come off more as an antagonist then a friend

2. He’s magical, and more often then not, magical characters tend to be villains (Towa, Dabura, Buu, Babidi, all Demons from DBHeroes, etc)

3. Swords don’t mean the users are weak. Trunks, Tapion, Dabura, Fuu, Janemba, etc all have swords.

4. (This is a personal bias but) He just LOOKS evil. Between the green skin, pointed ears and smug grin, he looks devious. He resembles many of the recent villains that we’ve been getting in our video games (probably because he looks like a demon).
1. I think that is just trying to make him look mysterious.
2. Yes, well this kind of magical weilding swordsman reminds me more of Tapion or some kind of hero from Chrono Trigger.
3. No, they don't necessarily mean that they are weak but it seems he is using his sword as a primary way of fighting whereas those other characters you mentioned have already shown proficiency at hand to hand combat without a sword, so it's actually their secondary form of a weapon.
4. Hmm, I'm not so sure. I think it's just a different race like a Kai. Pointy ears doesn't always mean evil. I may have to look more closely at his face and his expressions.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:21 am

shadowfox87 wrote:Hmm, so the dual swords guy is Zahha who apparently is a "magical swordsman that helps Shallot". Sounds like a good guy.
AnimeNation101 wrote: He just LOOKS evil.
You're both making some pretty good points which leads me to wonder if made at some point in time Zahha is/was a good guy, while at another he is/was evil.
Edit: Reading this now, it makes it look like I was calling each of the quotes "good points", I was just trying to show your conflicting views, sorry :lol:

Also, regarding Giblet. Honestly, the only thing I can think of with what little information we have is that it's Shallot's version of Tullece/Shallot Black. [spoiler]It's worth mentioning though, that Shallot does suffer from memory loss, so maybe he's having a "Goku experience" where he's evil until some event causes his mind to be basically wiped and then he becomes a hero. If that's correct, maybe Zahha helped Shallot back when he was Giblet? The name pun is definitely conflicting with this theory, though.[/spoiler]

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:26 am

I can tell you Shallot and Hooded Guy are two different characters. Though I don't know if Hooded Guy is "Giblet" or not. There are 3 characters and 3 names, buuuuuut Hooded Guy is a Saiyan, and at face value, Giblet doesn't seem to be a vegetable pun.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:53 am

Yea, I already said that above. However, given that the hooded guy and Shallot are standing back to back, it kind of shows me like a mirror image - that one is good and one is evil. The description of the hooded guy says he "travels around destroying stuff" which already tells me that he's evil. His face and saiyan armor under the hood look very similar to Shallot, so it could be Shallot's twin brother or a Shallot from a different time and space. Given that in this game, people from different eras are being brought to participate in the Tournament of Time, it would make sense. But yes, Giblet is not a vegetable pun. However, maybe the hooded guy wasn't given a saiyan name; he had a different childhood than Shallot, raised by someone else which would give him a non-saiyan name similar to how Grandpa Gohan gave Goku as a non-saiyan name.The meat, Giblet, in real life is a lot of visceral organs. It's actually kind of disgusting. Or Giblet could be someone entirely different but who knows. In the trailer for the game, we could only identify Zahha and the hooded guy as new charaters, not a third.

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:41 am

So Hooded guy is either Shallot Black or Shallot Xeno? That's dissapointing, I was expecting him to be the saiyan from the movie

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:07 am

DI297 wrote:So Hooded guy is either Shallot Black or Shallot Xeno? That's dissapointing, I was expecting him to be the saiyan from the movie
No, he's not from a different timeline, he's not body snatched, he's not Shallot in any way.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DI297 wrote:So Hooded guy is either Shallot Black or Shallot Xeno? That's dissapointing, I was expecting him to be the saiyan from the movie
No, he's not from a different timeline, he's not body snatched, he's not Shallot in any way.
Maybe he’s a shape shifter! His face looks too similar to Shallot but if he’s not related in anyway, that could be his gimmick.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:45 pm

I think Hooded guy is Shallot, but Giblet is still yet to be revealed :wink:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I think Hooded guy is Shallot, but Giblet is still yet to be revealed :wink:
He isnt though. Different voice, skin tone etc. And also if you look at his art carefully, his fringe is peaking out a little on the wrong side, above his left eye instead. He just looks like him.

Its basically a Turles situation with design

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Hooded guy is either a sibling of Shallot or a Shallot from a different timeline. As I said before, I think that it is possible for a saiyan to be given a non-saiyan name just like Goku was. If Shallot had a twin brother and he was separated from birth, Giblet could be the name given and he could have turned into a bad guy. It is also possible for the hooded guy to simply be a Shallot from a different timeline where he is more evil. I don't think it is a coincidence that they put both the hooded guy and Shallot standing back to back like a mirror image.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:38 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:Hooded guy is either a sibling of Shallot or a Shallot from a different timeline. As I said before, I think that it is possible for a saiyan to be given a non-saiyan name just like Goku was. If Shallot had a twin brother and he was separated from birth, Giblet could be the name given and he could have turned into a bad guy. It is also possible for the hooded guy to simply be a Shallot from a different timeline where he is more evil. I don't think it is a coincidence that they put both the hooded guy and Shallot standing back to back like a mirror image.
TheDevilsCorpse already said that he’s not Shallot in anyway. And that guy has people on the inside so he knows hi stuff. Plus the Hooded Guy has a different voice actor so it definetly isn’t Shallot unless its all a trick.