"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:58 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:- Speaking about dodge, how it works? Sometimes I do out of random.
Swipe left or right to dodge an attack. You can only do it when your dodge meter is full, however. Your dodge meter automatically refills to full when you get hit by a cards skill or switch characters. You cannot dodge in the middle of a combo.
jeffbr92 wrote:And there's other ways to broke their limits instead of just getting by repeated characters on the Summon?
You can earn points towards limit breaks as rewards for certain events or PvP.
jeffbr92 wrote:My god, these things are really annoying to beat lol have you cleared the Freeza event battles?
Yup. Kinda weird that the NPCs can go over level 1000 when the player can't do that yet. I just used appropriate elemental characters to get the advantage, and I unlocked all of the early nodes to beef up my characters. It can also help to use characters that has synergism. Some characters have buffs when certain other characters are in the battle.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:35 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Swipe left or right to dodge an attack. You can only do it when your dodge meter is full, however. Your dodge meter automatically refills to full when you get hit by a cards skill or switch characters. You cannot dodge in the middle of a combo.

I see, also the damage inflicted by Rising Rush always depends of having one character left?
I just used appropriate elemental characters to get the advantage, and I unlocked all of the early nodes to beef up my characters. It can also help to use characters that has synergism. Some characters have buffs when certain other characters are in the battle.
Care to explain more of these? Also do you the best way to get more Souls for boosting my chars?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:Swipe left or right to dodge an attack. You can only do it when your dodge meter is full, however. Your dodge meter automatically refills to full when you get hit by a cards skill or switch characters. You cannot dodge in the middle of a combo.

I see, also the damage inflicted by Rising Rush always depends of having one character left?
I just used appropriate elemental characters to get the advantage, and I unlocked all of the early nodes to beef up my characters. It can also help to use characters that has synergism. Some characters have buffs when certain other characters are in the battle.
Care to explain more of these? Also do you the best way to get more Souls for boosting my chars?
The damage is decided by the characters used, If you use a level 1 blue saibaman in a rising rush against a level 1000 Green Frieza, you ain't doing jack shit.

The game works on a system where all characters are in a certain 'class', blue, green, red, yellow and purple. Each color has an advantage over another, green has an advantage over blue, so if you put a green character against a blue character, that character will deal more damage to them. Some characters have special passive skills that only activate when specific characters are in the team, like I think SS Goku has one that activates for any saiyans in the team. You have tow ways of getting souls, your average missions (Scout Missions offer a lot of basic souls) or using medals to buy them from the exchange shop. You get medals from compelteing challenges in PVE missions and win them as prizes for your rank in PVP in each season. For the rising souls 1 and 2, it's best to use PVE missions for that, but the otehr types of souls? They have a much rarer drop rate to the point where it's better to spend medals on them.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:05 am

Kanassa wrote:The game works on a system where all characters are in a certain 'class', blue, green, red, yellow and purple. Each color has an advantage over another, green has an advantage over blue, so if you put a green character against a blue character, that character will deal more damage to them. Some characters have special passive skills that only activate when specific characters are in the team, like I think SS Goku has one that activates for any saiyans in the team. You have tow ways of getting souls, your average missions (Scout Missions offer a lot of basic souls) or using medals to buy them from the exchange shop. You get medals from compelteing challenges in PVE missions and win them as prizes for your rank in PVP in each season. For the rising souls 1 and 2, it's best to use PVE missions for that, but the otehr types of souls? They have a much rarer drop rate to the point where it's better to spend medals on them.
Oh I get it now, thanks for clearing this up! Do you for what purpose are that Skip Passes? Also how do I get SP characters? Just being lucky at Summon?

Finally finished the Part 1 story, when will we get Part 2?

by Doctor.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:43 am

jeffbr92 wrote: Oh I get it now, thanks for clearing this up! Do you for what purpose are that Skip Passes? Also how do I get SP characters? Just being lucky at Summon?

Finally finished the Part 1 story, when will we get Part 2?
THe Skip passes are basically a Mobile game staple to help easily grind rewards, when you complete all the challenges on a mission, you can then simple use the skip ticket so that the game instantly completes that mission for you, giving you the rewards you'd usually get from that mission aside from XP. SP characters come from luck, though currently there's an even going on where every day you'll get one 'Sparking Ticket' for completing all your daily tasks, get seven of those and you get a guaranteed Sparking Character from summons.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Has anyone been able to complete those Advent of Frieza missions for dealing damage with the Rising Rush? I've fought the Chapter 1 Frieza with three of my strongest characters of the advantageous element, and the most damage I can do is 1,154,416. I don't know how it's possible to deal 2,000,000 damage in a single rising rush.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:50 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Has anyone been able to complete those Advent of Frieza missions for dealing damage with the Rising Rush? I've fought the Chapter 1 Frieza with three of my strongest characters of the advantageous element, and the most damage I can do is 1,154,416. I don't know how it's possible to deal 2,000,000 damage in a single rising rush.
I think you need the passive bonuses and the special skill boosts to stats lead by advantageous characters

Kanassa wrote:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:19 pm

Man, they really should make a better dodge system in this game, is kinda broken that you can't escape combo chains. Do anyone know what the purpose of that Z Power [Character name]?
ZeroNeonix wrote:Has anyone been able to complete those Advent of Frieza missions for dealing damage with the Rising Rush? I've fought the Chapter 1 Frieza with three of my strongest characters of the advantageous element, and the most damage I can do is 1,154,416. I don't know how it's possible to deal 2,000,000 damage in a single rising rush.
But that's not on the Challenge, man. Had you beated the EX-5 Emperor Freeza? I have all six characters at level 600, but it's almost impossible against Goku and Freeza with levels beyond 1000.

by Doctor.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:10 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Man, they really should make a better dodge system in this game, is kinda broken that you can't escape combo chains. Do anyone know what the purpose of that Z Power [Character name]?
Those are the points you have to raise to limit break a character. When you summon a character, you get Z Power for them.
jeffbr92 wrote:But that's not on the Challenge, man. Had you beated the EX-5 Emperor Freeza? I have all six characters at level 600, but it's almost impossible against Goku and Freeza with levels beyond 1000.
I'm talking about the missions associated with the event. Yes, I beat EX-5. You'll need to raise your team to level 1000 to have a chance of winning. Right now, 1000 is the level cap, but they're probably going to raise it soon.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:14 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: You'll need to raise your team to level 1000 to have a chance of winning. Right now, 1000 is the level cap, but they're probably going to raise it soon.
Oh, I see... How did you do to get your characters at high level so fast?

by Doctor.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Oh, I see... How did you do to get your characters at high level so fast?
I've been playing since the day I saw it go up. lol. Go to Soul Boost the characters you want to raise to 1000 and see if you got all the soul items you need. If not, you can tap "How to get" and find the story to grind for those items.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:10 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:I've been playing since the day I saw it go up. lol. Go to Soul Boost the characters you want to raise to 1000 and see if you got all the soul items you need. If not, you can tap "How to get" and find the story to grind for those items.
Do you raise all your Novice stats or just the initial 10 to boost to Adept?

by Doctor.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:59 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:I've been playing since the day I saw it go up. lol. Go to Soul Boost the characters you want to raise to 1000 and see if you got all the soul items you need. If not, you can tap "How to get" and find the story to grind for those items.
Do you raise all your Novice stats or just the initial 10 to boost to Adept?
Depends on if I have a lot of souls to spare. I typically save them for my best Sparking characters, though.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:38 pm

So Shallot has golden eyes in the trailer for Legends, right? The same golden eyes seen on Broly's apparent new subdued form? I wonder if that means anything. Maybe Shallot will get a Legendary Super Saiyan transformation later.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:55 pm

It seems the game is under maintenance, hope that means improved gameplay
ZeroNeonix wrote:So Shallot has golden eyes in the trailer for Legends, right? The same golden eyes seen on Broly's apparent new subdued form? I wonder if that means anything. Maybe Shallot will get a Legendary Super Saiyan transformation later.
By the point of view that he's an ancient Saiyan that may sound right, although I would prefer him as a common SSJ with golden tail lol

by Doctor.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:16 am

Man, Caulifla and Kale needs to come out already! I need my girls!
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:06 pm

I got Piccolo to level 666. I feel like that should get me an achievement. lol

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:57 pm

So happy that I got SP Tullece today lol

by Doctor.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:40 am

And I'm here waiting for the rest of the story to play :cry:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Finally finished the Freeza Event (the last mission was pretty damn hard even with three Lv. 800+ chars) and I was expecting an Cell event to come next, why more Raditz? We already had to fight with him a lot in the main story

by Doctor.