"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:26 am

Thanks man! Those really don't look that bad actually!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:55 am

Noah wrote:...
Yeah, other than not getting some rare characters I really want, I think the pace is great with character cards.
I have almost everyone sans Freeza, Broly, Cell arc Yamcha and new ones except for Trunks, so I will get almost every card probably,
as the drop rates are probably the best I have seen in mobile game. For example Saint Seiya Cosmo Fantasy is horrendous with drop rates and it's hard to obtain stones and everything and the story mode power levels are over the top, so it really presses you into buying things and Legends is playable and enjoyable and I don't feel pressed into buying anything, unless I want better chance for rare drops.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:14 pm

Draconic wrote:Thanks man! Those really don't look that bad actually!
Though I probably being nitpicky, but I saw some fails on two models:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Noah wrote:
Draconic wrote:Thanks man! Those really don't look that bad actually!
Though I probably being nitpicky, but I saw some fails on two models:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Eh... Textures and such weren't really what I was looking for. No matter how cutting edge, it's still a mobile game after all. The shapes, form and faces are much more what I think they have to get right and they're pretty spot-on I must say.
The only model I think doesn't really look that good is Goku, which is ironic since that's the one they're bound to reuse the most.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:37 am

New characters added:
- HERO Cell Jr.
- HERO 2nd Form Cell
- EXTREME 2nd Form Cell
- SPARKING Perfect Form Cell
- SPARKING (Full Power) Super Saiyan Goku

Now I wonder... How will be Teen Gohan? Base probably HE and/or EX, but SSJ and SSJ2 both SP? :think:

EDIT: Now they have an automatic "pilot" mode to use on non-PvP battles? That's cool and we also can use tons of Skip Tickets at once!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:19 am

Noah wrote:New characters added:
- HERO Cell Jr.
- HERO 2nd Form Cell
- EXTREME 2nd Form Cell
- SPARKING Perfect Form Cell
- SPARKING (Full Power) Super Saiyan Goku

Now I wonder... How will be Teen Gohan? Base probably HE and/or EX, but SSJ and SSJ2 both SP? :think:

EDIT: Now they have an automatic "pilot" mode to use on non-PvP battles? That's cool and we also can use tons of Skip Tickets at once!
I predict:
Base HE
Super EX
Super 2 SP
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Anyone else get their asses kicked by this Nappa event?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:55 pm

It looks like (Full Power) SSJ Goku can dodge Rising Rushes much easier
Kanassa wrote:I predict:
Base HE
Super EX
Super 2 SP
Cell Games Gohan to be the first non-SPARKING SSJ character? I think they will leave to Goten and Trunks :think:
ekrolo2 wrote:Anyone else get their asses kicked by this Nappa event?
I feel you, when I began playing this game I suffered on a Raditz event that I was forced to have powerful purple characters because all enemies were from the green element.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Noah wrote:I feel you, when I began playing this game I suffered on a Raditz event that I was forced to have powerful purple characters because all enemies were from the green element.
On the plus side, this is one of the most tolerable games in terms of grinding. The game itself has enough interactivity to be an actual game but not so much where I need to go through gruelling processes to level up. Helps that the plot is entertaining so far.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:32 am

Eh, not really. As long as I remember to not spam dodge and goad the enemy into dodging, I usually finish fine. Then again, I'm doing those missions on hard with max level characters. Though, the A.I can still get annoying even then when it feels like they have near-broken reflexes and dodge recharge speed (They can recover from getting pounded by ki blasts and dodge the follow-up attack, the players cannot).

Are you trying to normal or hard mode of the event? And what's your character set and levels?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:35 am

Kanassa wrote:
Eh, not really. As long as I remember to not spam dodge and goad the enemy into dodging, I usually finish fine. Then again, I'm doing those missions on hard with max level characters. Though, the A.I can still get annoying even then when it feels like they have near-broken reflexes and dodge recharge speed (They can recover from getting pounded by ki blasts and dodge the follow-up attack, the players cannot).

Are you trying to normal or hard mode of the event? And what's your character set and levels?
I'm mostly using a starter set (since I only began playing a couple days ago) with Lvl 220 Shallot, Saiyan Saga Goku and Saiyan Saga Krillin being my main team. I'm pretty sure I'm not normal but like I said, I'm a noob to this game.

I have noticed what you mean though, the AI in the event has retarded levels of recovery, to the point I'd call it outright cheating on the games part.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:46 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

I'm mostly using a starter set (since I only began playing a couple days ago) with Lvl 220 Shallot, Saiyan Saga Goku and Saiyan Saga Krillin being my main team. I'm pretty sure I'm not normal but like I said, I'm a noob to this game.

I have noticed what you mean though, the AI in the event has retarded levels of recovery, to the point I'd call it outright cheating on the games part.
From what I remember the normal mode of that event goes up to level 600 with it's enemies, so I suggest you start leveling up and boosting your character's souls. The Bonus XP mission is good for training. Also, be very careful with dodging around Nappa, his special move is close ranged, so it's specifically made to trick you into dodging right into it. When you see him going for a special, just back away instead of dodging.

What's your team?

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:54 am

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Eh, not really. As long as I remember to not spam dodge and goad the enemy into dodging, I usually finish fine. Then again, I'm doing those missions on hard with max level characters. Though, the A.I can still get annoying even then when it feels like they have near-broken reflexes and dodge recharge speed (They can recover from getting pounded by ki blasts and dodge the follow-up attack, the players cannot).

From what I remember the normal mode of that event goes up to level 600 with it's enemies, so I suggest you start leveling up and boosting your character's souls. The Bonus XP mission is good for training. Also, be very careful with dodging around Nappa, his special move is close ranged, so it's specifically made to trick you into dodging right into it. When you see him going for a special, just back away instead of dodging.

What's your team?
Like I said, Shallot and Saiyan Saga Goku & Krillin are my team. I've got Yamcha too but I rarely use him. Shallot is level 237, Goku 189, Krillin 190. How do you boost souls BTW?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:30 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I'm mostly using a starter set (since I only began playing a couple days ago) with Lvl 220 Shallot, Saiyan Saga Goku and Saiyan Saga Krillin being my main team. I'm pretty sure I'm not normal but like I said, I'm a noob to this game.

What's your team?
Like I said, Shallot and Saiyan Saga Goku & Krillin are my team. I've got Yamcha too but I rarely use him. Shallot is level 237, Goku 189, Krillin 190. How do you boost souls BTW?
Yeah, your team needs to be leveled up more. For souls: Go to the character menu, press soul boost and then pick the character you want to boost. Then click on the Boost Pannel you want to activate and the game will show you just what souls and zeni you need to activate those nodes. If you don't have enough souls, next to bar displayed in the upper screen is a 'How to get' button, pressing that will show you all the available missions that give those souls out as a reward (You can also get souls from Adventure missions, which you get from PvP). This is why you complete challenges and get skip tickets, so you don't have to waste time repeating the same missions.

Note: This screen will only show missions that you have available at that moment, so it will not show you a later mission if you haven't reached that mission yet.

Also, try to level up all your available characters at the moment, you will want multiple of every element because those element advantages and disadvantages REALLY make a difference. THe Nappa event is predominantly Red, but other elements make their way in there. Though if you get far enough, the event does give you Extreme Nappa (Doing PvP also give you Z-Power and adventure missions whether you win or lose). You can also get Z-Power to get a Sparking Spirit Bomb Goku if you grind yourself some medals (You get ten of these for completing all challenges in a mission)

Kanassa wrote:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:54 pm

Bit of a nitpick, but shouldn't the training location for the silver bells be Korin's Tower, not Kami's Lookout?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:38 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Bit of a nitpick, but shouldn't the training location for the silver bells be Korin's Tower, not Kami's Lookout?
Exactly also another nitpick: (Android Saga) SP Krillin shouldn't have Scattering Bullet as his special move as this technique was debuted on the Saiyan arc.
Chain Destructo Disc would be a better choice IMO
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:13 pm

I got the new Perfect Cell, how does he compare to the other Red Characters?

Kanassa wrote:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:27 pm

Man, Bardock's Main Ability is really annoying on PvP, I wish they fix it so it could only work if he's on the field. Using an abillity that block the opponent switching while allowing the player to do so is kinda broken for me.

Kanassa wrote:I got the new Perfect Cell, how does he compare to the other Red Characters?
It's early to talk, but only judging by stats: he's the best RED element character we have until now, with SSJ Namek Goku coming on the second place.
Last edited by Noah on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Noah wrote:Man, Bardock's Main Ability is really annoying on PvP, I wish they fix it so it could only work if he's on the field. Using an abillity that block the opponent switching and while allowing the player to do so is kinda broken for me.
It's the entire point of his ability and I think for the most part it's fair, locking the other team in place long enough to give you the advantage, keeps you on your toes to watch out every time Bardock is on the field.

Kanassa wrote:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:44 pm

Kanassa wrote:It's the entire point of his ability and I think for the most part it's fair, locking the other team in place long enough to give you the advantage, keeps you on your toes to watch out every time Bardock is on the field.
I don't know, the abillity name is "I Will Defeat You!" so it doesn't make sense to still being on when Bardock activates and the player switches him for other character to take the advantage. 10 seconds is more than enough to have one char wrecked by the opponent this way.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs