"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:20 pm

I'm really liking this game so far, but I do have a few issues with it. First, with the rate that the story is being released, it stopped being even remotely challenging pretty quick. I have Shallot at level 1,000, and he can one-shot almost everything now. Second, the rate that Super Souls drop is annoyingly low, and you can only buy one of the two-stars of each color. I've had a lot of characters stuck at level 600. Lastly, the game doesn't explain some important stuff. I had to Google what friendship levels were and how to raise them, what special moves and special skills are, etc.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:46 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:chapter and page number please because I didnt see that in the chapters she was in
Chapter 32, Page 1 - Champa orders Cabba to gather the best fighters of his universe no matter what. Chapter 32, Page 3. Sadla's army doesn't bother Caulfila's territory because they can't handle her. Page 10 of the same chapter, Caulifla states that she she has never met a Saiyan that can defeat her. She's been stealing jewels from King Sadala from anyone who crosses her territory. Cabba is part of the Sadla army and would know about King Sadala. Knowing that his entire universe is on the line, if King Sadala was significant, don't you think he would've asked him?
This does not mean she has encountered the king. You think he's sitting on his gold like a dragon or something? She could just be robbing his vaults for all we know, ones gaurded by mooks. You're putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6 by assumption there.

Also, do you think the british army all know the queen personally?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:06 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: This does not mean she has encountered the king. You think he's sitting on his gold like a dragon or something? She could just be robbing his vaults for all we know, ones gaurded by mooks. You're putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6 by assumption there.

Also, do you think the british army all know the queen personally?
Quote me where I said that she knows the king. Whether she knows the king or not is irrelevant. I said by deduction if the entire Sadala army is avoiding her knowing that she's stealing from King Sadal, then that means something. That Cabba is part of the army and he was told to get the best fighters but did not seek audience with the king. Their entire universe is on the line. If you remember, in the anime, he had initially met with another adult saiyan to ask where he could find the strongest saiyan. It led him to Caulifla.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:15 pm

You said she's stealing from King Sadala and that she's never met a saiyan stronger than her. Neither of this things back your claim up she is stronger than the King because you would need something to prove she has encountered said king. Thats where I'm pointing out the flaw in your claim that the manga 'states' she is stronger than him. It doesnt.

Her robbing the king and the sadala army mooks dont want to fight her does not represent the kings power himself.

By this logic, the Jeice being scared of Goku and working for Freeza means that Goku pre-possession by Ginyu (and the zenkai, transformations etc) would be stronger than frieza, which is hogwash

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:29 pm

I've been thinking about this. Maybe the King doesn’t fight in the tournament because he feels its responsibility as King to stay behind and watch over his people and he has faith in Cabba or something. They can easily come up with excuses for why the King is stronger but never fought. Or maybe he’s a very old King and fighting in a Tournament is dangerous for his life and health. And the saiyans dont know about Dragon balls in their universe so he’d be dead forever.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Yes, it's not fact. There's no definitive proof. It's just deduction. Caulifla has not met another Saiyan stronger than her since Cabba. Kale was suppressing her power. Sadala's army IS scared of her and avoids her even though she has been known to be stealing from King Sadala. Cabba went to a former veteran soldier of the Sadala army and asked where he could find the strongest Saiyan. This led him to Caulifla. He did not seek audience with the king. We have all other universes trying to recruit the strongest fighters. Belmoud himself went to Jiren to recruit him. Vados found Hit, Cabba, Frost, and others initially. There's no way that they would just allow King Sadala to be stronger and not even try to approach him. If they want to later do a retcon or a flashback where he was approached and he chose to stay with his people rather than participate, that is fine. Otherwise, he's just going to be weaker. The King is not necessarily always the strongest but the person that the people follow as their leader. Bardock was getting zenkai boosts and getting stronger and stronger. It's hard to say that if him and King Vegeta were to have sparred before Freeza blew up their planet, who'd win.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:42 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:Yes, it's not fact. There's no definitive proof. It's just deduction. Caulifla has not met another Saiyan stronger than her since Cabba. Kale was suppressing her power. Sadala's army IS scared of her and avoids her even though she has been known to be stealing from King Sadala. Cabba went to a former veteran soldier of the Sadala army and asked where he could find the strongest Saiyan. This led him to Caulifla. He did not seek audience with the king. We have all other universes trying to recruit the strongest fighters. Belmoud himself went to Jiren to recruit him. Vados found Hit, Cabba, Frost, and others initially. There's no way that they would just allow King Sadala to be stronger and not even try to approach him. If they want to later do a retcon or a flashback where he was approached and he chose to stay with his people rather than participate, that is fine. Otherwise, he's just going to be weaker. The King is not necessarily always the strongest but the person that the people follow as their leader. Bardock was getting zenkai boosts and getting stronger and stronger. It's hard to say that if him and King Vegeta were to have sparred before Freeza blew up their planet, who'd win.
There are plenty of good reasons Cabba could not have gone for the king

1. Time to organise meeting him
2. Not knowing where he is
3. The king possibly shooting dead people he doesnt like a la king vegeta vs messenger

Like you said, we havent met the king and cant comment, but the manga doesnt say hes weaker than caulifla so no. And you adding the 'that theyve met' but doesnt help your arguement since she hasnt met the king as far as we can tell.

If youre trying to use the idea the rosters teams are the strongest people in their universes then please, justify fat buu, goten, trunks, cell, dabura, future trunks etc not being on the team but krillin and tien being there?

Its because other factors interfere. If we're going this route we have to justify how ANY of the upcoming antagonists werenrt recruited or why the villain who killed jirens family isnt in the tournament as well, and its simply a mix of time restriction, saving ideas for later and wanting to use different characters.

But theres no exact quote to say the king is inferior to Caulifla, and thats the problem with the claim and quotation sources that were supplied.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:And you adding the 'that theyve met' but doesnt help your arguement since she hasnt met the king as far as we can tell.
I asked you to quote me where I said they met because I didn't. I said that Caulifla has not met another Saiyan stronger than her. I didn't say she met him. You implied that. I also said that Cabba is part of the Sadala army so would know about his own king.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:18 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:And you adding the 'that theyve met' but doesnt help your arguement since she hasnt met the king as far as we can tell.
I asked you to quote me where I said they met because I didn't. I said that Caulifla has not met another Saiyan stronger than her. I didn't say she met him. You implied that. I also said that Cabba is part of the Sadala army so would know about his own king.
Postby shadowfox87 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:11 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
chapter and page number please because I didnt see that in the chapters she was in

Chapter 32, Page 1 - Champa orders Cabba to gather the best fighters of his universe no matter what. Chapter 32, Page 3. Sadla's army doesn't bother Caulfila's territory because they can't handle her. Page 10 of the same chapter, Caulifla states that she she has never met a Saiyan that can defeat her. She's been stealing jewels from King Sadala from anyone who crosses her territory. Cabba is part of the Sadla army and would know about King Sadala. Knowing that his entire universe is on the line, if King Sadala was significant, don't you think he would've asked him?

your post on the last page.

Youre arguement hinges on the idea that somehow the soldiers that shes fought are any indication of the kings power, and that anyone can just walk up to the king and talk to him. I sincerely doubt it works like that for frigging royalty who no doubt have enemies that anyone in the army can just go up to them and be like 'hey bruv fancy punching people from different dimensions'

just as i doubt Califla has robbed him face to face.

And no **** hed know 'about' the king, doesnt mean he's on speaking terms or buddy buddy enough to waltz into his chamber like Goku does to Zeno.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:20 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Why are db video game stories so much more interesting than what Toei and Toriyama can come up with. A Tournament of Time held by a mysterious mastermind who god-napped Shin has a hostage keep Beerus from destroying him and a son of two demons kidnapping fighters from dimensions and putting them on a planet to fight it out while a mysterious evil saiyan is lurking in the midst.
That just sounds like a slightly different take on the TOP.

Honestly of all the game storyline, on the Prison Planet stuff is remotely interesting.
Grimlock wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Why are db video game stories so much more interesting than what Toei and Toriyama can come up with.
Because unlike Toriyama, games producers do know that the best for the Dragon Ball franchise these days is not to be stuck in the comfort zone, they dare bring different stuff, they dare explore other concepts.

I don't know why Toriyama inserts the alternate dimension concept, the Makaio/Makaioshin concept to the franchise but never utilize them. Since he worked for a great time in Dragon Ball Online, there wouldn't be any problem to also use stuff that he himself may have devised (since he seems to ignore stuff that didn't come from him). Maybe Toriyama thinks that doing the same stuff over and over is more appealing?

That's a weird thing to say since most of the video games storyline is taking stuff from Online then repacking it along with stuff that they is clearly recycled with Dragon Ball, Z, GT, and even Super like the whole thing with Cooler is a clearly inspired by TOP Freeza.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:05 am

HeroR wrote:That's a weird thing to say since most of the video games storyline is taking stuff from Online then repacking it along with stuff that they is clearly recycled with Dragon Ball, Z, GT, and even Super like the whole thing with Cooler is a clearly inspired by TOP Freeza.
The games do it in a better way though. And we get to see other characters involved, ones that we wouldn't see in the series.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 am

Grimlock wrote:
HeroR wrote:That's a weird thing to say since most of the video games storyline is taking stuff from Online then repacking it along with stuff that they is clearly recycled with Dragon Ball, Z, GT, and even Super like the whole thing with Cooler is a clearly inspired by TOP Freeza.
The games do it in a better way though. And we get to see other characters involved, ones that we wouldn't see in the series.
How doe it better? And most of the involved characters are OCs, which Super has done.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:49 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
chapter and page number please because I didnt see that in the chapters she was in

The jewels belong to King Sadala. Caulifla's stealing those jewels. I never stated that she's stealing from him directly. The point is if you're the King and someone is repeatedly stealing your property and you are sending soldiers to retrieve your property, but those soldiers keep getting defeated, are you going to do something about it? It really doesn't matter if Cabba is buddy buddy with the King. The entire universe is on the line here. Vados herself could just come and persuade the King if that needs to happen. Belmoud came to persuade Jiren. Champa told Cabba to get the best fighters whatever it takes. Is it so farfetch'd to believe that maybe the King of an army is not necessary the strongest but rather a leader?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:40 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:

mahakaishin1991 wrote:

The jewels belong to King Sadala. Caulifla's stealing those jewels. I never stated that she's stealing from him directly. The point is if you're the King and someone is repeatedly stealing your property and you are sending soldiers to retrieve your property, but those soldiers keep getting defeated, are you going to do something about it? It really doesn't matter if Cabba is buddy buddy with the King. The entire universe is on the line here. Vados herself could just come and persuade the King if that needs to happen. Belmoud came to persuade Jiren. Champa told Cabba to get the best fighters whatever it takes. Is it so farfetch'd to believe that maybe the King of an army is not necessary the strongest but rather a leader?

And here's something for you to think on

do you really think they would keep teasing Vegeta reminding Cabba of the king, and the fact that on more than one occasion its been teased that Vegeta is going to meet him, just for him to be some no mark who wont matter?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:36 am

Shallot get's a proper scale figure part of the DBS/DBL October IBK:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Hilarious and sad thing about this is? He has one upped every new DBS character since not a single one has had a proper scale figure in Japan (except Black)... /:

Also they're reprinting UI Goku from March part of this line up so I dunno if that means anything.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:56 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Shallot get's a proper scale figure part of the DBS/DBL October IBK:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Hilarious and sad thing about this is? He has one upped every new DBS character since not a single one has had a proper scale figure in Japan (except Black)... /:

Also they're reprinting UI Goku from March part of this line up so I dunno if that means anything.
well hes the central character and protagonist of a game, while the super characters aren't in the same bracket as they are secondary or punch bags

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Conan O'Brien reviews Dragon Ball Legends. Lol!

https://youtu.be/UQLYfrLknK4
The world is your's.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:32 pm

tinlunlau wrote:Conan O'Brien reviews Dragon Ball Legends. Lol!

https://youtu.be/UQLYfrLknK4
The guest creeps me the fuck out...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:33 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:

mahakaishin1991 wrote:

do you really think they would keep teasing Vegeta reminding Cabba of the king, and the fact that on more than one occasion its been teased that Vegeta is going to meet him, just for him to be some no mark who wont matter?
If the King was stronger than Cabba and Califua before the ToP he likely isn't now don to ssj and ssj2.

Even so if the King was so powerful it would have taken 5 seconds to tell Champa, we have this powerful guy but need you to go talk to him for us.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:56 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:

If the King was stronger than Cabba and Califua before the ToP he likely isn't now don to ssj and ssj2.

Even so if the King was so powerful it would have taken 5 seconds to tell Champa, we have this powerful guy but need you to go talk to him for us.
Problem with this is, as we've seen Champa is not one to go out and do things for himself.

And even if he's not currently due to the evolution the saiyans went through in the TOP, he likely still holds pretty decent sway in the power domain, at least at the time. He most likely has to organise the saiyans universe wide justice dishing-out and didnt have the option of abandoning his post at that point.

As we saw in universe 7, Android 17 and probably a lot of these fighters have obligations that complicate entering tournament. Kalifla doesnt have that since she's a bandit. Kings going missing for a bit would require an explanation to the public that could potentially cause wide spread panic and invite an oppertunity for villains to capitalize on the chaos caused by it.

I'm assuming if the king gets anything, it'll be seeing the super saiyan forms, realizing he's not a match for them and going into training, OR he shows up and demonstrates he can do it and thought it was just some move he could do.