"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RedHeat
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by RedHeat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:20 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:The boy Komodoxeno datamined DBL and here is what he found: https://mobile.twitter.com/komodoxeno/s ... 9672685569

Apparently its just the tip of the ice-berg for info.

He found to new original characters like Shallot. Gilblet and Zahha. He also found some other stuff like the training spots and Adventure mode stages (which look like completely original places for the db world).

[spoiler]i really wouldn’t mind if Dimps repurposes these characters and places for XV3. I really want Beerus’s planet, King Kai’s planet, Zeno’s Palace, and Kame House to be stages in XV3.[/spoiler]
Pretty interesting stuff. I wonder if he'll find the other models for the new characters as well.
Feels over Reals.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:00 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:The boy Komodoxeno datamined DBL and here is what he found: https://mobile.twitter.com/komodoxeno/s ... 9672685569

Apparently its just the tip of the ice-berg for info.

He found to new original characters like Shallot. Gilblet and Zahha. He also found some other stuff like the training spots and Adventure mode stages (which look like completely original places for the db world).

[spoiler]i really wouldn’t mind if Dimps repurposes these characters and places for XV3. I really want Beerus’s planet, King Kai’s planet, Zeno’s Palace, and Kame House to be stages in XV3.[/spoiler]
Training Mode spots aren't actual maps, are they?

Gilblet and Zahha? Hmm, can anyone decipher a pun from those? I'm guessing one's the hooded guy and the other is the swordsman.

Also, I like that Tao's jetpack has 'Kill You' on the back.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Kanassa wrote:Training Mode spots aren't actual maps, are they?
Nope. The only maps we know of so far are 'Mountains' and 'Grassy Plains (Plains)'.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Also, I wouldn't take the stages here as indication of what we'll see in XV3 as I'm pretty sure all of these are just skyboxes.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Kanassa wrote:Gilblet and Zahha? Hmm, can anyone decipher a pun from those? I'm guessing one's the hooded guy and the other is the swordsman.
I don't think Giblet/ジブレット needs to be deciphered. It's probably just taken from giblets.

Zahha/ザッハ probably comes from sachertorte/ザッハトルテ, meaning it should be translated as Sacher instead....? Admittedly, someone would probably pronounce that wrong since it's German. So I get why they left it as Zahha, but I still don't like it.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:57 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Gilblet and Zahha? Hmm, can anyone decipher a pun from those? I'm guessing one's the hooded guy and the other is the swordsman.
I don't think Giblet/ジブレット needs to be deciphered. It's probably just taken from giblets.

Zahha/ザッハ probably comes from sachertorte/ザッハトルテ, meaning it should be translated as Sacher instead....? Admittedly, someone would probably pronounce that wrong since it's German. So I get why they left it as Zahha, but I still don't like it.
So, meat and a sweet/cake?

Kanassa wrote:

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:29 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:

Why you don't like it ? :mrgreen:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:03 pm

I feel like this game needs more defensive options.

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:17 pm

Kanassa wrote:I feel like this game needs more defensive options.
I agree. Maybe instead of RNG auto guard, you can get a guard gauge or have a guard art card.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:26 pm

At the very least you shouldn't be able to use so many cards in quick succession.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:12 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
At the very least you shouldn't be able to use so many cards in quick succession.
I agree, I thought there would be a problem with that based on the gameplay we got to see before the beta launch alone. Though, I think having the ability to break out of those attacks when they're being used one after the other would be better than just increasing the wait before you can use the next one.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Sweet, I managed to get into the 2nd beta.

Also, it starts in the 12th if no one was aware.
Feels over Reals.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Besides Prison Planet saga from Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball Legends events will also take place after Universe Survival saga.

Damn, not only games provide more interesting content these days, they are starting to bring more interesting sequels to the main series as well. :lol:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:16 pm

I wonder if Z Future Trunks will stay a main character in the game or not. Since it's post ToP Goku and Vegeta have Blue and Z Trunks has nothing to keep up with them, Super Future Trunks would have been the better option in my opinion.
Grimlock wrote:Besides Prison Planet saga from Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball Legends events will also take place after Universe Survival saga.

Damn, not only games provide more interesting content these days, they are starting to bring more interesting sequels to the main series as well. :lol:
I wouldn't call a game that is a tournament for the Super Dragon Balls right after the last one that is just mashing every Dragon Ball character together for fights an "interesting sequel" to Super. It's a video game story, and a pretty standard one so far, it's not even original as far as DB games go, Fusions had a very similar premise.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Grimlock wrote:Besides Prison Planet saga from Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball Legends events will also take place after Universe Survival saga.

Whats funny about this post is that someone theorized that the movie’s story is also apart of this “Tournament of Time” and thats the reason why the new saiyan is here. And now this post comes saying that the Tournament of Time is right after the T.o.P. just like the movie.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I wonder if Z Future Trunks will stay a main character in the game or not. Since it's post ToP Goku and Vegeta have Blue and Z Trunks has nothing to keep up with them, Super Future Trunks would have been the better option in my opinion.
[spoiler]Didn't Broly kill Trunks in the first few missions?[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 am

ArchedThunder wrote:It's a video game story, and a pretty standard one so far, it's not even original as far as DB games go, Fusions had a very similar premise.
Yeah, Dragon Ball Fusions gave me some nice dialogues between Goku and Bardock and mainly Goku and Gine. That alone also makes Fusions more interesting too. Hopefully this game also brings more of that besides other interactions I'm eager to see, expecting King Vegeta to be in this game for that matter.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:09 am

Kanassa wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I wonder if Z Future Trunks will stay a main character in the game or not. Since it's post ToP Goku and Vegeta have Blue and Z Trunks has nothing to keep up with them, Super Future Trunks would have been the better option in my opinion.
I think that was a fake out, but of course I don't know. It seems way too early to have something like that happen. I feel like it's just an attempt to hook the audience.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:36 am

One_Instance wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
I think that was a fake out, but of course I don't know. It seems way too early to have something like that happen. I feel like it's just an attempt to hook the audience.
[spoiler]Yeah, it would be incredibly weird, but the dialogue and game sure act like Trunks is dead. Broly and Goku confirm it.[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:10 pm

The starting roster
3 base Gokus, Kid Gohan, 2 Chiaozus, 2 Ten Shinhans, 2 Nappas, Piccolo, 2 base Vegetas, Krillin, Tao Pai Pai, Yamcha, 2 Radtiz, Guldo, Zarbon, Jeice, Super Saiyan Goku, Dodoria, Nail, Burter, 1st Form Freeza, Jaco, Pan, Recoom, Pikkon, Saibaman and Shallot.

So it's pretty much just Saiyan arc and early Namek to start with, hopefully it's not too long after launch that we get the next batch of characters. I especially don't want to have to wait long for DB characters like Kid Goku and Piccolo Daimao.
I imagine that the next batch will be Ginyu through to Androids 17 and 18 with a few random characters not part of those parts of the story.
Hopefully we get all of Freeza's forms as well as Androids 19 and 20. I want to see them start branching out into the movies and some what if stuff pretty quickly too.

Kinda surprised that none of the Freeza soldiers from XV are in the game at launch, or Cui, though maybe they are, but just as enemies.