"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:41 pm

Could somebody give me a quick rundown of the story of this game so far??? all i know is there is this saiyan Shallot that suddenly appeared with Goku and friends and there is something about some kind of tournament of age and space or something like that going on, can't really play this game on my phone and even if i could don't like those grinding kind of games either, but i'm really interested in the story and Shallot himself.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:39 pm

Dragotaker wrote:Could somebody give me a quick rundown of the story of this game so far??? all i know is there is this saiyan Shallot that suddenly appeared with Goku and friends and there is something about some kind of tournament of age and space or something like that going on, can't really play this game on my phone and even if i could don't like those grinding kind of games either, but i'm really interested in the story and Shallot himself.
Well, Kanassa did a good resume on this post though still missing the events of the current chapters.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:52 pm

Dragotaker wrote:Could somebody give me a quick rundown of the story of this game so far??? all i know is there is this saiyan Shallot that suddenly appeared with Goku and friends and there is something about some kind of tournament of age and space or something like that going on, can't really play this game on my phone and even if i could don't like those grinding kind of games either, but i'm really interested in the story and Shallot himself.
Updating my old summary
Updated part
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:53 pm

Noah wrote:
Well, Kanassa did a good resume on this post though still missing the events of the current chapters.
Sorry for double post, but I've reposted it with the current chapters added :D

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:07 pm

/\ No problem, mate :)

Endless maintence is finally over, now we have available the Hard Mode to get more crystal for Part 2, Book 1.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:15 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Updating my old summary
Updated part

Ok, so from all this what i get is that you, the player, is supossed to be Shallot right??? and what's his personality like??? i heard he is kinda like Vegeta even though he didn't look like it to me by his appearance, though he would be more like Goku for some reason, and then you say he wants to save Bulma, then he can't be like Vegeta because he rarely gives a damm about other than his family and much less when he was just a saiyan warrior like him, is he like in love with her or something??? and he had trouble fighting Raditz of all people even with a partner, dude must be a real weakling, expected to be way stronger than that, really interesting story, hope some what if forms and things like that make it's way to this game.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Man, can't believe Cell event was over and I couldn't get neither him or SP GRN Goku :(

On the bright side, I have Kid Trunks, SSJ2 Gohan and SP Blue Goku, hope to get Android #16 or Goten next.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Noah wrote:Man, can't believe Cell event was over and I couldn't get neither him or SP GRN Goku :(

On the bright side, I have Kid Trunks, SSJ2 Gohan and SP Blue Goku, hope to get Android #16 or Goten next.
I've been having a pretty consistent run of bad summons besides nabbing GRN Bardock.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I've been having a pretty consistent run of bad summons besides nabbing GRN Bardock.
Didn't got Bardock at all too :lol:

I remember spending 1,000 crystals on that banner only to get 10 HERO(s) characters, I was so frustrated :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:37 pm

Looks like we have the World Tournament Stage now. Did anyone encounter the archipelago stage yet?

Kanassa wrote:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:49 am

New banner coming up:

I was about to comment that we need freaking better RED Element chars and they come with Mr. Satan :lol:
On a other note, Piccolo Daimao on this might mean that we'll get Kid Goku on the future.

Kanassa wrote:Looks like we have the World Tournament Stage now. Did anyone encounter the archipelago stage yet?
I prefered when PvP had various stages now is always on the tournament stage :problem:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:42 pm

New story chapter was added up!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Noah wrote:New story chapter was added up!
I used to be excited about the story, but it's kinda gone to shit. They got rid of one of their original characters Zahha (For now at least) and it's really dragging with the fake Frieza story. Its just way too long.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 pm

New update summery!
So, we've finally come to the conclusion of the Fake Frieza stuff and I think it was pretty decent. We still have more allusions to stuff to come after (I'm predicting that Turles was working for the Red Ribbon Army who were also supplying Frost's plan), characters play off each other well and Frieza outsmarting Frost is a pretty cool moment. I've enjoyed most of the structure of the story so far. You have the main goal of getting to the bottom of the hooded man and the machinations of this tournament, but you also get to see all the small conflicts and outright war that rise up when you're putting all of the Dragon Ball Characters throughout history on one battlefield. Kind of reminds me of the Marvel cross-over event Secret Wars!

Kanassa wrote:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:44 am

So Bandai is going to make some "adjustments" to side step noobs.
Got tired of reporting people.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:47 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:So Bandai is going to make some "adjustments" to side step noobs.
Side step noobs?

Kanassa wrote:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:So Bandai is going to make some "adjustments" to side step noobs.
Side step noobs?
People who overuse side stepping mechanics and can't win without it are noobs.
They simply can't win fair and square. Many of them lose after i manage to broke out of their combo and many of them start side stepping when they are losing.
Bandai finally realized that this is very cheap since it makes you unable to defend.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:32 pm

I don't see the problem with the side step thingy ? I mean the teleportation system need that move to work :eh:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I don't see the problem with the side step thingy ? I mean the teleportation system need that move to work :eh:
It is exploitable, for example, you can throw a couple attacks then switch to another character to instantly refill the side step bar and get some ki back, you can keep doing it over and over again for a long chain of combos.

I feel no guilt for abusing this to stomp Ex 6 Vegeta three times but it is an issue for PvP.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I don't see the problem with the side step thingy ? I mean the teleportation system need that move to work :eh:
Side step trick let's you chain much longer combos since it let you not only restore some ki between cards but also draw new. You also recover some of vanishing gauge.
Other problem is that normally every next art card in combo deals lower damage but with sidestepping you overcome this.

So you can even make a dodge, land 5-6 art cards and end up having full vanishing gauge again.