"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:35 am

tinlunlau wrote:Conan O'Brien reviews Dragon Ball Legends. Lol!

https://youtu.be/UQLYfrLknK4
This video makes me feel embarassed :oops: and a bit annoyed by how they were making joke of something I like :problem:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:53 am

It's fantastic that a Dragon Ball game, let alone a a Dragon Ball mobile game, is getting coverage like this.

And, yeah, when I first saw Super Boo, I thought he looked like a penis, too.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:50 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:

This video makes me feel embarassed :oops: and a bit annoyed by how they were making joke of something I like :problem:
Dragonball can be made fun of just as much as anything else can, though it does have more to make fun of due to it's bizzare qualities. Like, yes, Buu does look like a really angry penis...

Also, I swear the gues with Conan is what happens when Erkle becomes a Serial Killer.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Unlike a lot of fans, Conan actually knows how to pronounce "Super Saiyan" and that's the funniest thing in that video.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Conan was more on point with his super saiyan transformation than the black guy. Lmao!
The world is your's.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 pm

All hail Conan for pronouncing "Saiyan" correctly.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Conan's reaction to the opening for Legends is probably the best description of Dragon Ball I've heard in a while.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:44 pm

I don't play this, but the intro of this game is one of the craziest things I saw in a DB game!!
Such a hardcore and unique vibe to it. As far as animation/art goes, it stands out from everything.

As for the new characters, I expect them to appear in the new movie. They already said this game will have a collaboration with the movie and I'm not seeing they asking Toriyama to draw not one, but a couple of new characters for a DB mobile game, with one of them being an ancient saiyan with a tail (something that Toriyama loves to draw...) just for bringing people in. Dokkan is global success and they didn't need that, so didn't Xenoverse. For DB FighterZ he drew Android 21 and that's it.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:04 am

Ugh... Server maintenance...
Just two more hours of this and I can play a couple of rounds...
The world is your's.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:13 am

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Anyone know if these are fake or not?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:55 am

Kanassa wrote:[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
What do you mean? The attacks or the characters themselves? I already pulled both Cyborgs (both as Hero and Extreme) from the SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Trunks Banner (together with 4 Sparking Pans..., 2 of them in the same Multiple Pull...).
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:45 am

Xaroc wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
What do you mean? The attacks or the characters themselves? I already pulled both Cyborgs (both as Hero and Extreme) from the SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Trunks Banner (together with 4 Sparking Pans..., 2 of them in the same Multiple Pull...).
The characters, did not see them in the banner, didn't know they were in the game

Kanassa wrote:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Man, this game is so cool! Bandai listened to my prayers and finally made a mobile fighting game, I was tired of all that card lame stuff! That cinematic opening was better animated than 80% of DB games intro and Heroes promos, for sure!
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Image[/spoiler]
Yup. They both have Hero and Extreme variations available for summoning.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:06 am

After playing these for three days straight without sleep I have a few questions:

- Why Paikuhan signature attack always misses when I use it?

- What's the difference between HERO, EX and SP characters?

- It is possible to exclude characters I don't want to keep?

- Has everyone ever failed the Rising Rush? Cause I think it's impossible, also is there a way to avoid it in PvP matches?

by Doctor.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:24 am

jeffbr92 wrote:After playing these for three days straight without sleep I have a few questions:

- What's the difference between HERO, EX and SP characters?

- It is possible to exclude characters I don't want to keep?

- Has everyone ever failed the Rising Rush? Cause I think it's impossible, also is there a way to avoid it in PvP matches?
- You can dodge it, if you use it at the wrong time, it'll miss or leave you open to attack
- Stats to my knowledge
- What do you mean?
- You can dodge it the same way you dodge everything else. It's just that in the early came the a.i is set to rarely use their dodges.

Kanassa wrote:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:30 am

jeffbr92 wrote:After playing these for three days straight without sleep I have a few questions:

Some attacks have kind of a short range. I haven't mastered the use of them yet myself, but you can't use them from a distance like you can other attacks. I can't remember if Pikkon's Fire Kick is short range, but if it keeps missing, it probably is.
jeffbr92 wrote:- What's the difference between HERO, EX and SP characters?
It's rarity. Hero characters are common, Extreme characters are rare, and Sparking characters are super rare. Characters with higher rarity also tend to have better stats, although limit broken characters of lower rarities can surpass them.
jeffbr92 wrote:- It is possible to exclude characters I don't want to keep?
What do you mean? You don't have to use any of the characters, but you can't get rid of them either. I don't know why you would want to.
jeffbr92 wrote:- Has everyone ever failed the Rising Rush? Cause I think it's impossible, also is there a way to avoid it in PvP matches?
Oh yes. It can miss. I'm guessing you haven't played much PvP. In PvE, your Rishing Rush is fixed to always succeed, and the enemy is fixed to always fail (if they even use it at all). In PvP, however, don't expect it to be so easy. First of all, you can dodge it just like any other attack, and you can also switch characters before getting hit if you'd rather someone else take the fall. It's best to get your opponent trapped in a combo, then follow up immediately with the Rising Rush so they can't dodge it.

Also, one other exception to the PvE thing. The golden and silver Saibamen in the experience and zeni events always match your card when you hit them with the Rising Rush. I don't know why. They seem to break the rules, even dodging when they shouldn't be able to. But if you do use the Rising Rush, the NPCs are kinda stupid. You can tap the screen right after and hit them every time. They forget to dodge after the Rising Rush is over. Since they survive Rising Rushes with a single hit point, that'll end the match.

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 am

Looks like we have some more sparking characters coming soon: https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonballLege ... rs_coming/

On a side note, is anyone else noticing their equipment disappearing after upgrading or taking them off a character? I just removed all my characters equipment and now they aren't showing in the list at all, although my total number hasn't gone down. I have about 85 pieces showing, but my counter says 142/200. It's a bit annoying as I can't see them to put them back on.
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 am

AndyAvenue91 wrote:Looks like we have some more sparking characters coming soon: https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonballLege ... rs_coming/

On a side note, is anyone else noticing their equipment disappearing after upgrading or taking them off a character? I just removed all my characters equipment and now they aren't showing in the list at all, although my total number hasn't gone down. I have about 85 pieces showing, but my counter says 142/200. It's a bit annoying as I can't see them to put them back on.
The link seems broken. No, I haven't noticed that problem personally. It may be a bug they need to fix. On the bright side, if your counter is still the same, your equipment may still be there in your files. A fix to the bug may stop them from being hidden. Hopefully.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Kanassa wrote:- What do you mean?
- You can dodge it the same way you dodge everything else. It's just that in the early came the a.i is set to rarely use their dodges.
- I got Dodoria yesterday, but I don't plan on using it, so I was wondering if I could delete him.
- Speaking about dodge, how it works? Sometimes I do out of random.
ZeroNeonix wrote:It's rarity. Hero characters are common, Extreme characters are rare, and Sparking characters are super rare. Characters with higher rarity also tend to have better stats, although limit broken characters of lower rarities can surpass them.

And there's other ways to broke their limits instead of just getting by repeated characters on the Summon?
What do you mean? You don't have to use any of the characters, but you can't get rid of them either. I don't know why you would want to.

Oh, mostly because I don't like to see them low leveled so whenever I get a scrub at Lv. 1 I always train them lol
In PvE, your Rishing Rush is fixed to always succeed, and the enemy is fixed to always fail (if they even use it at all).
Oh that's lame, they could bring the possibility of failing in PvE it keeps the game more challenging
The golden and silver Saibamen in the experience and zeni events always match your card when you hit them with the Rising Rush. I don't know why. They seem to break the rules, even dodging when they shouldn't be able to. But if you do use the Rising Rush, the NPCs are kinda stupid. You can tap the screen right after and hit them every time. They forget to dodge after the Rising Rush is over. Since they survive Rising Rushes with a single hit point, that'll end the match.
My god, these things are really annoying to beat lol have you cleared the Freeza event battles?
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Doctor.