"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:20 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:TheDevilsCorpse already said that he’s not Shallot in anyway. And that guy has people on the inside so he knows hi stuff. Plus the Hooded Guy has a different voice actor so it definetly isn’t Shallot unless its all a trick.
I'm not stating it is Shallot but that they are related as they are standing back to back. They have similar facial features, body composition, and clothing. They could be brothers separated at birth, one evil and one good. It could still be Giblet as I stated above that a saiyan raised by someone else could have a non-saiyan name. In this way, it can still be different voice actors as well as not be Shallot.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:52 pm

Here’s the translated V-Jump scan for DBLegends:

So its basically confirmed that the green eye at the beginning of the DBL intro and the guy with the swords in the intro is Zahha or Sacher (which ever name). He was said to be from a different Universe. Interesting...

Then we have the Hooded Man. Where ever he goes, a calamity follows. Its mentioned that he resembles Shallot. If you look close, the Hooded Man has a bang near his left eye but Shallot doesn’t have that. We know that the name Giblet was found in the game’s data along with Zahha so people have been theorizing that the Hooded Man is Giblet BUT since the Hooded Man is probably also a saiyan and Giblet isn’t a vegetable pun, there is some confusion.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:38 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:So its basically confirmed that the green eye at the beginning of the DBL intro and the guy with the swords in the intro is Zahha or Sacher (which ever name). He was said to be from a different Universe. Interesting...
That specific translation of the blurb is a bit spotty. Rather than saying a different universe, Herms' version notes he's a "young magical swordsman from a distant time and place".

I'd keep an eye out for more info on him though. He's definitely more interesting to me thus far than Shallot and Hood. :wink:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:19 am

"An authentic Dragon Ball experience you can play with one revealed!"

Um... huh?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:59 am

The S wrote:"An authentic Dragon Ball experience you can play with one revealed!"

Um... huh?
One hand maybe?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:16 pm

One_Instance wrote:
The S wrote:"An authentic Dragon Ball experience you can play with one revealed!"

Um... huh?
One hand maybe?
shame its not a game with Android 21 and Towa then

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:33 pm

Are there high res scans of the other pages?
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:So its basically confirmed that the green eye at the beginning of the DBL intro and the guy with the swords in the intro is Zahha or Sacher (which ever name). He was said to be from a different Universe. Interesting...
That specific translation of the blurb is a bit spotty. Rather than saying a different universe, Herms' version notes he's a "young magical swordsman from a distant time and place".

I'd keep an eye out for more info on him though. He's definitely more interesting to me thus far than Shallot and Hood. :wink:
Shonengamez always have spotty translations.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:32 pm

After watching AnimeLiveReaction’s theory vid, i just realized that the intro for DBL has many hints. It starts with a planet exploding which could most likely be Planet Sadala (Shallot’s home planet) and then it zooms out from the Planet, to the solar system, to the galaxy, to the universe, into the eye of Zahha (or Sacher). This could mean that Zahha was watching the whole event or was involved somehow.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:49 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:After watching AnimeLiveReaction’s theory vid, i just realized that the intro for DBL has many hints. It starts with a planet exploding which could most likely be Planet Sadala (Shallot’s home planet) and then it zooms out from the Planet, to the solar system, to the galaxy, to the universe, into the eye of Zahha (or Sacher). This could mean that Zahha was watching the whole event or was involved somehow.
That seems a VERY important event to be brought up in a game story and not the main canon.

The more stuff I see for this arc the more I wish this had been in a movie or short arc for the anime

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:53 pm

So has anyone figured out the name pun for Giblet, assuming he's a Saiyan?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:37 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:So has anyone figured out the name pun for Giblet, assuming he's a Saiyan?
Google Says:

Code: Select all

Giblets /ˈdʒɪbləts/ is a culinary term for the edible offal of a fowl, typically including the heart, gizzard, liver, and other visceral organs.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:55 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:So has anyone figured out the name pun for Giblet, assuming he's a Saiyan?
Google Says:

Giblets /ˈdʒɪbləts/ is a culinary term for the edible offal of a fowl, typically including the heart, gizzard, liver, and other visceral organs.
The problem with that is that that has nothing to do with vegetables, so if he's a Saiyan it's presumably something else.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:59 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:
Google Says:

The problem with that is that that has nothing to do with vegetables, so if he's a Saiyan it's presumably something else.
Or he is not Saiyan :D

But the game is not out yet they can still makes some change.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:

He's wearing similar armor to Shallot and the magazine brings attention to the fact that he looks like him.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:44 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:

He's wearing similar armor to Shallot and the magazine brings attention to the fact that he looks like him.
It could be a shape-shifter situation, the character is a saiyan but lost his memory and was given the name Giblet, or was raised by another race at birth and was given the name Giblet.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:37 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:

It could be a shape-shifter situation, the character is a saiyan but lost his memory and was given the name Giblet, or was raised by another race at birth and was given the name Giblet.
I find that so utterly lame I fear it happening

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:52 am

悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:56 am

ArchedThunder wrote:The problem with that is that that has nothing to do with vegetables, so if he's a Saiyan it's presumably something else.
Dat's rasist.

Jokes aside, alternate reality Shallot where they have meat-based names?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:12 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:After watching AnimeLiveReaction’s theory vid, i just realized that the intro for DBL has many hints. It starts with a planet exploding which could most likely be Planet Sadala (Shallot’s home planet) and then it zooms out from the Planet, to the solar system, to the galaxy, to the universe, into the eye of Zahha (or Sacher). This could mean that Zahha was watching the whole event or was involved somehow.
His video is actually based on my theory. I'm the one who sent him everything and pointed those things within the DBL movie via twitter. He gave me credits in the video itself as AntiMetaman, my twitter name. I do believe that red planet in the start is Sadal. However, like I told you before, I don't believe that Zahha is a bad guy. It was stated by Vegeta that U7's Sadal blew up due to an internal conflict between saiyans. We also know that Yamoshi fought against other saiyans in a civil war. It's not clear whether the transition into Zahha's eyes is just something for effect or whether that is Zahha's ability to look into the past, but I doubt it. As I also told you, I believe that Giblet is the hooded man. They are two leading theories. One is that he is the evil counterpart of Shallot, similar to how Kami had to split himself into good and evil, but with Shallot having an evil personality that is called Giblet. The hooded man seems evil based on the description of calamity goes wherever he goes. He can also be biologically related to Shallot, which would make him a twin brother. The reason Giblet is not a saiyan name is the same reason that Goku was given a non-saiyan name by Grandpa Gohan. They could've been separated at birth, one having a good childhood and the other, a bad one raised by a non-saiyan. I don't think that Shallot or Giblet is the mysterious saiyan from the movie trailer. However, at the end of the DBL trailer, we see zooming into Shallot's eyes, the same appearance as the eyes from the mysterious saiyan but different. Shallot isn't a SSJ in the game. I still believe that the mysterious saiyan from the movie will be Yamoshi as he's the only SSJ from the past that we know from Sadal.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:50 pm

emperior wrote:Higher quality designs of Zahha and Hooded Man

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dbi5nbLU8AELCBz.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dbi5m0NVMAQWFWV.png
Thanks. Time to upgrade my profile pic!