"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:53 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I'm sorry but do you have an image of this? All I know is Shallot got a new form we've not seen before.
What r u talkin about?
scroll up a bit, theres an image.
That’s not a new form. Its just him powering up to fight Raditz
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:07 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: What r u talkin about?
so his hairstyle and eye colour change, he gets a rage boost and a new aura, and its not a new form?

but rage boosting is classed as a form in series....

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:21 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
so his hairstyle and eye colour change, he gets a rage boost and a new aura, and its not a new form?

Oh, i just noticed the eye change. Eye change alone shows some kind of new power. Maybe its some of his Oozaru primal form seeping into his base or its just a false ssj type of thing.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu May 24, 2018 7:01 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

His hair is shooting up because of his aura and his eyes are only like that as an artistic thing.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:09 am

So, anyone else think we finna see a new ssj form out of Shallot? Possibly a form exclusive to ancient saiyans or sadalian saiyans? Maybe the movie villain has the same form.

Thus the golden eyes with black pupils that Shallot and the new saiyan have both been shown to have?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:18 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: That’s not a new form. Its just him powering up to fight Raditz

His hair is shooting up because of his aura and his eyes are only like that as an artistic thing.
sorry but no, eyes dont change colour in dragonball as an 'artistic thing'.

Characters in series power up all the time and their hair and eyes dont change.

In fact, eye changes have only grown more prominent with transformations as time goes on (beyond blue, quake of fury, freeza's rage mode, the new saiyan in the movie with the same goldish eye color)

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:20 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:So, anyone else think we finna see a new ssj form out of Shallot? Possibly a form exclusive to ancient saiyans or sadalian saiyans? Maybe the movie villain has the same form.

Thus the golden eyes with black pupils that Shallot and the new saiyan have both been shown to have?
Thats what this new rage mode thing he has seems to indicate towards. I dont think it's complete, but theres definitely at least indications of something coming from him.

What I want to know is why he's the only black tailed saiyan, everyone else has the brown tail even though they have black hair

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri May 25, 2018 12:19 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:

In fact, eye changes have only grown more prominent with transformations as time goes on (beyond blue, quake of fury, freeza's rage mode, the new saiyan in the movie with the same goldish eye color)
There is no new form, he is exactly the same in the battle. The eyes turning red with the Oozaru behind him is exactly like Kid Goku's eyes turning red for his ultimate in Budokai 3 (same devs even).
It was just to show that he was angry.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:38 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

There is no new form, he is exactly the same in the battle. The eyes turning red with the Oozaru behind him is exactly like Kid Goku's eyes turning red for his ultimate in Budokai 3 (same devs even).
It was just to show that he was angry.
well I guess trunks didnt use super saiyan anger in xenoverse 2 because he was the same as super saiyan 2 in that boss battle, just with a retexture to the eyes....

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri May 25, 2018 7:35 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
well I guess trunks didnt use super saiyan anger in xenoverse 2 because he was the same as super saiyan 2 in that boss battle, just with a retexture to the eyes....
In gameplay he actually didn't because they didn't bother to actually model the hair and just used his regular SSJ2 hair. Ikari only showed up properly in the CG and that annoys the shit out of me.
But if you want to get cute that's not the same, Ikari is an actual form, this is just showing his rage and doing a call back to kid Goku.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:14 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
In gameplay he actually didn't because they didn't bother to actually model the hair and just used his regular SSJ2 hair. Ikari only showed up properly in the CG and that annoys the shit out of me.
But if you want to get cute that's not the same, Ikari is an actual form, this is just showing his rage and doing a call back to kid Goku.
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_Mode

I don't get cute, I'm naturally kawaii as balls mate.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri May 25, 2018 11:54 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Are you seriously trying to use DB wiki as proof that a character expressing rage is a transformation?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 pm

There's a blue lined Ozaru face behind Shallot. It's almost certainly just a stylized expression of his inner power, similar to Goku against Piccolo Daimao (though this could be a tease for SS later). I don't think there's any reason to qualify that as a form, but to each their own.

As for the attitudes scattered throughout this little debate, knock them off or account strikes will be issued. There's no need to get snarky in such a simple conversation.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:23 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: In gameplay he actually didn't because they didn't bother to actually model the hair and just used his regular SSJ2 hair. Ikari only showed up properly in the CG and that annoys the shit out of me.

Are you seriously trying to use DB wiki as proof that a character expressing rage is a transformation?
Given that the games treat rage mode as different forms, and we are talking games, I see no problem to address this as a form, especially since there are physical changes to his eyes, hair and aura. Kaioken is considered a form in some games, and a technique in other places. I see no problem doing this, especially when in context with the games, rage mode is backed up as a form.

You can disagree, but I personally dont care for your attitude

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 25, 2018 4:39 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Are you seriously trying to use DB wiki as proof that a character expressing rage is a transformation?
This comes from Dragon Ball Heroes. Beerus and Freeza do have an "angry state" in the game and they enter it through the transformation mechanic.

Obviously this doesn't mean that the "angry state" is a transformation, it is just the only way for them to "get angry" and change stats, techniques and such. Kaio-Ken is also not a transformation, but the only way to use it is through the transformation mechanic that allows it to be usable (other than a card that has the Kaio-Ken in which the player starts a battle using it already, of course).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat May 26, 2018 7:17 am

I think it's safe to think that now we will have to wait until it's out for everyone to see new content.

Also the server for online match sucks !
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I think it's safe to think that now we will have to wait until it's out for everyone to see new content.

Also the server for online match sucks !
I just really want the game tbh

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat May 26, 2018 11:38 pm

Any idea when they'll release new characters? Kinda reached my 'fun' limit, lol.
Feels over Reals.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun May 27, 2018 8:13 am

Game gets annoying. I barely make any progress. I can't even play Story mode because all my energy goes on farming Super Souls.
I can't get Green Super Soul 2 for like 3 or 4 days so my Piccolo can't go above 600lvl.

PVP gives many 1000lvl enemies which makes me disconnect so i can't even get adventures.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun May 27, 2018 4:00 pm

RedHeat wrote:Any idea when they'll release new characters? Kinda reached my 'fun' limit, lol.
Same for me !
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu