"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:03 pm

Noah wrote:
Kanassa wrote:It's the entire point of his ability and I think for the most part it's fair, locking the other team in place long enough to give you the advantage, keeps you on your toes to watch out every time Bardock is on the field.
I don't know, the abillity name is "I Will Defeat You!" so it doesn't make sense to still being on when Bardock activates and the player switches him for other character to take the advantage. 10 seconds is more than enough to have one char wrecked by the opponent this way.
Only if you use it at just the right time. Play your cards right (Again, big point of the fighting system is conserving your ability to dodge and tricking others to dodge) and you can draw out the time, especially if you use basic attacks to draw out your combos. It's a good move, but I wouldn't call it broken. It can be countered if you don't treat it lightly and learn how to stall.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexFili » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:47 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Noah wrote:I feel you, when I began playing this game I suffered on a Raditz event that I was forced to have powerful purple characters because all enemies were from the green element.
On the plus side, this is one of the most tolerable games in terms of grinding. The game itself has enough interactivity to be an actual game but not so much where I need to go through gruelling processes to level up. Helps that the plot is entertaining so far.
Yeah it is pretty good like that. I managed to obtain some special bell items that train your characters a lot so they can jump straight from lv 300 to 600 or 600 to 1000... so yeah, pretty happy :D I use Raditz, Nappa and Goku as my mains.
=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:05 pm

I'm almost predicting that SSJ2 Gohan will be a SP BLUE element character, not only because that will give him an advantage against Cell (RED), but because we freaking need better BLUE SP chars.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:09 am

How good is the Z level 20 Goku reward?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:10 am

ekrolo2 wrote:How good is the Z level 20 Goku reward?
I have this Goku at 5 stars and never used him.
But i see many people using him in PvP since he has Saiyan tag which is the most supported tag in game.
He has decent blast damage but is extremely fragile which is why i never bothered using him even in PvE (i have RED Future Trunks for that).

I personally don't use Saiyans at all but it might change when game reach Buu saga and GT.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:14 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:How good is the Z level 20 Goku reward?
I have this Goku at 5 stars and never used him.
But i see many people using him in PvP since he has Saiyan tag which is the most supported tag in game.
He has decent blast damage but is extremely fragile which is why i never bothered using him even in PvE (i have RED Future Trunks for that).

I personally don't use Saiyans at all but it might change when game reach Buu saga and GT.
The best RED character I've used so far is probably RED melee type Nappa, his ki blast animation makes it too delayed for my liking but his strikes dish out good damage and his ki recovery is fucking crazy.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:17 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:The best RED character I've used so far is probably RED melee type Nappa, his ki blast animation makes it too delayed for my liking but his strikes dish out good damage and his ki recovery is fucking crazy.
Nappa? Really? Nappa? I dumped him a long time ago. I'm not generally a fan of characters with short range special moves because you can't combo into them very easily.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:50 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:The best RED character I've used so far is probably RED melee type Nappa, his ki blast animation makes it too delayed for my liking but his strikes dish out good damage and his ki recovery is fucking crazy.
Nappa? Really? Nappa? I dumped him a long time ago. I'm not generally a fan of characters with short range special moves because you can't combo into them very easily.
Yeah it's also hard to remember that.
I wasted so many special moves in pvp as #17 because i used them right after combo, completely forgetting that his ultimate is short range.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:29 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
The only problem I have with Nappa is his Ki attack animation being slow as shit, making it pretty much useless if you want to cancel out your attackers own Ki blasts.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Since it's almost certain that Shallot will get Super Saiyan and probably soon since we're at Frieza tier enemies, who do you think will be the trigger? My bets on Saiyan Saga Vegeta and/or Nappa kicking the bucket.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Kanassa wrote:Since it's almost certain that Shallot will get Super Saiyan and probably soon since we're at Frieza tier enemies, who do you think will be the trigger? My bets on Saiyan Saga Vegeta and/or Nappa kicking the bucket.
Oh, if Nappa dies, that'll be tragic. (Although none of this really matters if the Dragon Balls are going to fix time and reverse all this stuff anyway.)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:25 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Since it's almost certain that Shallot will get Super Saiyan and probably soon since we're at Frieza tier enemies, who do you think will be the trigger? My bets on Saiyan Saga Vegeta and/or Nappa kicking the bucket.
Oh, if Nappa dies, that'll be tragic. (Although none of this really matters if the Dragon Balls are going to fix time and reverse all this stuff anyway.)
"Just one time, Shallot... Call me... Master..."

Kanassa wrote:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:05 pm

How I feel every god damn time SP (GREEN) Goku uses IT to save other char from my Rising Rush:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I think it might be Vegeta, although it's more plausible for to Nappa come down first.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:20 am

Kanassa wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
I'm interested to know how that'll affect game play. Will SS Shallot become a main skill you turn on to boost your stats?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:57 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
I'm interested to know how that'll affect game play. Will SS Shallot become a main skill you turn on to boost your stats?
No, we'll most likely just get a separate Shallot character who's EX type

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:09 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: "Just one time, Shallot... Call me... Master..."
Oh joy, another summon to waste time leveling up through grinding or training. If there's a thing that legitimately annoys me it's the fact all new summons start at level one, it wouldn't kill them to give out some that aren't completely useless.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:53 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I'm interested to know how that'll affect game play. Will SS Shallot become a main skill you turn on to boost your stats?
Oh joy, another summon to waste time leveling up through grinding or training. If there's a thing that legitimately annoys me it's the fact all new summons start at level one, it wouldn't kill them to give out some that aren't completely useless.
WOuldn't be a summon, just a given. Plus, with the changes to training, getting a level one up high isn't that annoying unless you have shit luck.

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: No, we'll most likely just get a separate Shallot character who's EX type
WOuldn't be a summon, just a given. Plus, with the changes to training, getting a level one up high isn't that annoying unless you have shit luck.
It's mostly annoying to me thanks to the soul drops taking forever to get. Yes there's guide but the NRG is a system I never care for in games.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:49 pm

New update: now we get useless Imperfect Cell Z power on Adventures, also he's the new Scout Battle. The good thing is new Z Missions to collect more Crystals.
Kanassa wrote:Wouldn't be a summon, just a given. Plus, with the changes to training, getting a level one up high isn't that annoying unless you have shit luck.
It's easy to raise a character to level 1 to 1000 through Red Weights, Brown Weights and Milk Bottles, but raising to level 1500 takes more time since you can't buy neither Gravity x10 Machine Fuels or Silver Bells, so you have to do other stuff to get it.
ekrolo2 wrote:It's mostly annoying to me thanks to the soul drops taking forever to get. Yes there's guide but the NRG is a system I never care for in games.
You should play more PvP, mate. There you get Job Requests (even when you lose) to use on Adventures to collect way more souls than just finishing a story.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:24 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Oh joy, another summon to waste time leveling up through grinding or training. If there's a thing that legitimately annoys me it's the fact all new summons start at level one, it wouldn't kill them to give out some that aren't completely useless.
It's mostly annoying to me thanks to the soul drops taking forever to get. Yes there's guide but the NRG is a system I never care for in games.
Update: Soon we're getting Bonus Missions for specific soul colours like we have for XP and Zeni

Kanassa wrote: