"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 am

Kanassa wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: You have a budget phone, this game is pretty demanding for a mobile game. For one you don't have enough RAM.
So does that mean I have to get a new phone in order to play this game?
Yeah, only specific phones can run it
It's not so much "specific phones" as it is phones that are strong enough.
The Galaxy S5 came out a few years ago and runs it really well, and it's definitely not high end anymore.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:03 pm

This game is incredibly demanding for the devices. I am playing it on my iPad 2018 and it sucks off a lot if its battery and also makes it heat a little. I am not using any battery saving options though, but I can see why the App Store mentioned the iPhones up to the iPhone 6S can't run it.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:35 am

finally on the path to level 100 as shallot. Almost got the means to get a green, blue and red character there as well.

I'm hoping to see hooded man soon, and have him as a black type character for colour completion sake

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:11 am

I hope the update will be more often, because right now I want to continu the story mode but now we are stuck :cry:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I hope the update will be more often, because right now I want to continu the story mode but now we are stuck :cry:
no kidding, my shallot has gone up over 400 levels in the waiting time and broken into the 700s

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Well, I got my last sparking which was piccolo. There's no need for me to use chrono crystals, so now I have > 2000 chrono crystals doing nothing. Hopefully, they will add new characters soon..
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:20 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:Well, I got my last sparking which was piccolo. There's no need for me to use chrono crystals, so now I have > 2000 chrono crystals doing nothing. Hopefully, they will add new characters soon..
i wonder how long till broly becomes available

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:42 pm

I've been stacking up on milk for training incase they release Zahha or the Hooded Saiyan. I have 345 medals for super souls and by the end of the season, ill have at least 900 but i still need enough zeni to be allowed to upgrade stats for my characters. My Shallot is in the 700s.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I've been stacking up on milk for training incase they release Zahha or the Hooded Saiyan. I have 345 medals for super souls and by the end of the season, ill have at least 900 but i still need enough zeni to be allowed to upgrade stats for my characters. My Shallot is in the 700s.
All the training items including milk are useless. You can do the daily exp mission where you beat the saibaman to give you more exp than anything. Then just farm the highest EX-5 Nappa or Raditz level. If you put a lv1 char on your team, they go instantly past a 100 doing this.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:42 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I've been stacking up on milk for training incase they release Zahha or the Hooded Saiyan. I have 345 medals for super souls and by the end of the season, ill have at least 900 but i still need enough zeni to be allowed to upgrade stats for my characters. My Shallot is in the 700s.
All the training items including milk are useless. You can do the daily exp mission where you beat the saibaman to give you more exp than anything. Then just farm the highest EX-5 Nappa or Raditz level. If you put a lv1 char on your team, they go instantly past a 100 doing this.
Yes but when you want to keep them leveling up while you’re off the game, the training with 3 milks is the best training to use. So with a combination of the exp saibaman mission, the the Nappa and Raditz mission and the milk training, ill have anyone in the 500 hundreds in no time
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:07 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Yes but when you want to keep them leveling up while you’re off the game, the training with 3 milks is the best training to use. So with a combination of the exp saibaman mission, the the Nappa and Raditz mission and the milk training, ill have anyone in the 500 hundreds in no time
Three milks only gives me like 10 levels. I have all sparking at 1000 except one guy that's at 900. So for me, the fastest way to level up is just doing EX-5 missions.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:13 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Yes but when you want to keep them leveling up while you’re off the game, the training with 3 milks is the best training to use. So with a combination of the exp saibaman mission, the the Nappa and Raditz mission and the milk training, ill have anyone in the 500 hundreds in no time
Three milks only gives me like 10 levels. I have all sparking at 1000 except one guy that's at 900. So for me, the fastest way to level up is just doing EX-5 missions.
Well did you start the game on Android or IOS?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:14 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Well did you start the game on Android or IOS?
Android, I had it when it was only released in the Netherlands.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 am

There's a new update with new characters and new story chapters.
The story is so intriguing! I will write what happens for those interested:

[spoiler]The Hooded Man makes his appearance in the new chapters. He is identical to Shallot as everyone points out, and for some reason he wants to kill Shallot. Shallot is saved by Goku, who fights the Hooded Man and makes him flee after the battle, not before saying that the "blood of the defeated" (referring to Shallot) and the "blood of the tainted" (referring to Goku) must be destroyed or something similar. Later Shall (that's how Goku calls Shallot) and Goku have a friendly sparring match supervised by Whis and Beerus, so that they all can gauge Shallot's ki and compare it to the Mysterious Man's. Goku goes SSJ and after the sparring he comments how Shallot and the mysterious Saiyan have almost the same ki but there's something strangely different. Yeah, this is very similar to what happened with Zamasu, in fact Beerus himself points out how they seem to have another "Goku Black" situation. Whis says that Shallot is a very ancient Saiyan, of the earliest ages, and they are interested in what the Hooded Man said about the blood of the Saiyans, but Goku says he was raised on Earth and has no idea about what he was referring too. At the end of the latest chapter available, Whis and Beerus speculate that the Hooded Man may in fact be Shallot's true self, without the memory loss.
The most interesting thing was the blood speech. I wonder what it meant that Goku's blood is tainted. I strongly believe all of this will connect to the upcoming movie.[/spoiler]
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:07 am

The app isn't updating for me, just taking me to the app store page
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:17 am

emperior wrote:There's a new update with new characters and new story chapters.

[spoiler]The Hooded Man makes his appearance in the new chapters. He is identical to Shallot as everyone points out, and for some reason he wants to kill Shallot. Shallot is saved by Goku, who fights the Hooded Man and makes him flee after the battle, not before saying that the "blood of the defeated" (referring to Shallot) and the "blood of the tainted" (referring to Goku) must be destroyed or something similar. Later Shall (that's how Goku calls Shallot) and Goku have a friendly sparring match supervised by Whis and Beerus, so that they all can gauge Shallot's ki and compare it to the Mysterious Man's. Goku goes SSJ and after the sparring he comments how Shallot and the mysterious Saiyan have almost the same ki but there's something strangely different. Yeah, this is very similar to what happened with Zamasu, in fact Beerus himself points out how they seem to have another "Goku Black" situation. Whis says that Shallot is a very ancient Saiyan, of the earliest ages, and they are interested in what the Hooded Man said about the blood of the Saiyans, but Goku says he was raised on Earth and has no idea about what he was referring too. At the end of the latest chapter available, Whis and Beerus speculate that the Hooded Man may in fact be Shallot's true self, without the memory loss.
The most interesting thing was the blood speech. I wonder what it meant that Goku's blood is tainted. I strongly believe all of this will connect to the upcoming movie.[/spoiler]
I suppose the 'tainting' is down to how saiyans changed over time, and somehow he sees new saiyans as lesser?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:22 am

I have played through the story and I agree with you. I think that the red hooded man, may be a Shallot without the memory loss from a different era. He does not like the later generations of saiyans and he feels they are tainted. Also, I do agree there is a connection to the upcoming movie.
Last edited by shadowfox87 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:34 am

shadowfox87 wrote:

I have played through the story and I agree with you. I think that the red hooded man, may be a Shallot without the memory loss from a different era. He does not like the later generations of saiyans and he feels they are tainted. Also, I do agree there is a connection to the upcoming movie.
Supposedly a datamine/leaker claims that the hooded man is his brother, who goes by Giblet now. Hence why his quiff is on the other side, since saiyan hair isnt meant to change.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:37 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Supposedly a datamine/leaker claims that the hooded man is his brother, who goes by Giblet now. Hence why his quiff is on the other side, since saiyan hair isnt meant to change.
[spoiler]Yea, I already know about Giblet. He may be the twin brother, but we don't know if he's also just Shallot from a different era and was given the name of Giblet. The reason Shallot believes his name is "Shallot" in the first place is because he remembers someone saying, "Run Shallot! Save yourself!". What if his real name is actually Giblet and the person they were running from is him? The real Shallot might be another person entirely.

He wants to eliminate saiyans that are weak, "blood of the defeated" and saiyans of later generations, "blood of the tainted", like Goku. He seems proud to be part of an ancient line of saiyans. Maybe he was the ancient saiyan on planet Sadal that Yamoshi was fighting against? He wanted to build a proud warrior race of saiyans while Yamoshi fought for all saiyans.

Still, it's hard to believe that an ancient saiyan would have the knowledge of the life link between a Kaioshin and Hakaishin. I'd rather have Fu be the person that took Shin hostage instead of him. I also think that Shallot will eventually turn SSJ as one of the developers of the game already hinted that he's not SSJ "yet". At the end of the trailer, Shallot's eyes go yellow and pupils become constricted similar to the saiyan in the movie. I believe that ancient saiyans have this signature while transforming, so that their eyes turn this way in transition.[/spoiler]

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:40 am

I have a feeling Ancient Saiyan's have different Ki than modern ones, meaning they could possibly have at least a slightly different transformation. It's really too early to say, but it's gonna get interesting soon.
Feels over Reals.