"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:39 am

The story in this game is so good. Like...the best I've seen in a DBZ video game, and better than most of Super. That's not to say it's "10/10 - the best thing ever," but in comparison to the aforementioned, I'm very pleasantly surprised.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:48 am

Bardock and Frieza in next summon. THe hype text is saying that Frieza plays 'unique' to everyone else
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:33 am

I did another free sparking summon and got #17 again...
I want 18, not 17 :evil:
Kanassa wrote:Bardock and Frieza in next summon. THe hype text is saying that Frieza plays 'unique' to everyone else
I don't know if i understood it correctly but it seems like blast attacks won't stop you during strike rush.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:39 am

Also, latest story was just tragic! ;(
[spoiler]Appule, NO! Top Ten Anime Betrayals, man[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:12 pm

So... is it for anybody else that you can't access the Story Quests from Part 2, Chapter 2 over the Story Menu? The game says there are more Quests (because I finished all Challenges from the Part 2 Chapter 1 Quests, yet the game says I don't have all Challenge Stars) and in the Missions Menu it says I should finish Part 2 Chapter 2 Quests. I can access those over the Mission menu and after I finished those Quests they show up in the Story Menu afterwards, but still not the next new Story Quest.
Is the bug now that Chapter 2 should be out yet but won't show (yet the Mission do show) or that it isn't out and the Missions shouldn't show?
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 am

Damn Nappa & Vegeta Level 1,000 are tough as hell ! I can't beat them, guess I'll have to level boost my three main characters and unlock all boost slot :eh:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:40 pm

You know seeing how they release a bunch of new SPARKING characters what's the point in even having HERO or EX characters if most players only focus on the SP ones?
sunsetshimmer wrote:I'm aiming for SP #18 right now. If i won't get her from daily summons or free SP tickets i will just do some multis on the last day.
I got her on the first try yesterday, I'll probably will raise her level and souls for the new #18 Scout Battle.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Noah wrote:You know seeing how they release a bunch of new SPARKING characters what's the point in even having HERO or EX characters if most players only focus on the SP ones?
sunsetshimmer wrote:I'm aiming for SP #18 right now. If i won't get her from daily summons or free SP tickets i will just do some multis on the last day.
I got her on the first try yesterday, I'll probably will raise her level and souls for the new #18 Scout Battle.
I'm leveling EX #18 right now but let's be real, she will never replace her SP self or any SP tank.
It's as you said, EX and HE are useless, especially HE.
Some EX might be useful, i remember EX Base Goku having highest melee attack for a long time.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:13 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:I'm leveling EX #18 right now but let's be real, she will never replace her SP self or any SP tank.
It's as you said, EX and HE are useless, especially HE.
Some EX might be useful, I remember EX Base Goku having highest melee attack for a long time.
I wouldn't say they are useless at all, that's my main team:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Sure I intend to have a full SP team someday, but I'm pretty satisfied with these and in PVP my EX Goku (like you noted) totally owns the likes of SP RED Element characters.

On other subject I love how they are updating new animations while summoning characters:

Yesterday I got Super Vegeta using Final Flash alongside Goku to finish Freeza and now the Genkidama :D (which reminds me of Budokai 3)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Can't remember the number of the only mission when you can play Zaha and too lazy to check one by one lol :D
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Does anyone else have problem to find opponent in pvp today?
I tried restarting my phone but it doesn't help, i'm just getting infinite "Connecting" loop and can't find anyone, not even a bot.

EDIT: nevermind, it turns out wifi for some reason blocks pvp. It worked perfect until today's update

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:02 pm

Has anyone got that TFS reference? :D

fadeddreams5 wrote:The story in this game is so good. Like... The best I've seen in a DBZ video game, and better than most of Super. That's not to say it's "10/10 - the best thing ever," but in comparison to the aforementioned, I'm very pleasantly surprised.
[spoiler]I think say it's better than most Super is a bit exaggerate, since Beerus notes how the conflict involving Shallot and Giblet is somewhat similar with Goku Black (people could say it was rehash), but I agree that the story is very good. Apart from fighting different colored Saibamen, Freeza soldiers, Raditz, Tao and GT Pan (?) :lol:[/spoiler]
Kanassa wrote:Also, latest story was just tragic! ;(
[spoiler]Appule, NO! Top Ten Anime Betrayals, man[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I though it was sad too, but Shallot reaction was over blow. Also I love his interactions with his fellow Saiyan mates: Nappa and Vegeta :D[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:10 pm

There's still nothing in the newest chapters that really adds to the primary story. I'm tired of seeing Nappa, Vegeta, first form Freeza, and Freeza's forces. I want to know more about the Red Hooded Saiyan. I wonder how many Books it is going to take for the story to complete. The rewards for completing challenges and getting Z levels to 50 are so bad. I honestly would have just preferred a mobile version of Dragon Ball Heroes. It would motivate me to even buy cards in real life and use a barcode scanner to put the characters in the game if need be.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Noah wrote:Has anyone got that TFS reference? :D

And that's a reference, how?

Kanassa wrote:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Noah wrote: [spoiler]I think say it's better than most Super is a bit exaggerate, since Beerus notes how the conflict involving Shallot and Giblet is somewhat similar with Goku Black (people could say it was rehash), but I agree that the story is very good. Apart from fighting different colored Saibamen, Freeza soldiers, Raditz, Tao and GT Pan (?) :lol:[/spoiler]
Maybe not "better" since it's still incomplete, but far more intriguing than everything Pre-Goku Black. The BoG-Champa arcs were all boring trash, imo.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Kanassa wrote:And that's a reference, how?
Obviously is not a direct reference, but it's a similar line to the TFS Vegeta running gag "Not your average Saiyan warrior anymore". :roll:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm

So i spent 6k of crystals and didn't get #18.
I only got two SP (for 6k crystals!):
-Useless RED Vegeta
-Android 17 for the THIRD time

I guess i should start playing as #17 since he is considered one of the best units but i would prefer 18 since i also want to play as characters i like (main reason why i don't use popular all Saiyan team because i don't care about those characters).

I'm thinking about team: SP Pan, EX 18 and SP 17 in case i don't get SP 18, but i'm not sure if EX 18 could replace SP Pikkon in any way.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Noah wrote:
Kanassa wrote:And that's a reference, how?
Obviously is not a direct reference, but it's a similar line to the TFS Vegeta running gag "Not your average Saiyan warrior anymore". :roll:
It's referencing a line in the show, a line that TFS made a joke about. It is not a reference to TFS.

Kanassa wrote:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:03 am

Finally got #18.

It's actually cool that her EX version lacks jacket. I wish they did something like this with Pan. Her HERO version could be without bandana on head.
I also hope they will add #18 with her later outfit from Cell saga which is my favourite one.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:05 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:It's actually cool that her EX version lacks jacket. I wish they did something like this with Pan. Her HERO version could be without bandana on head. I also hope they will add #18 with her later outfit from Cell saga which is my favourite one.
Still kinda weird that they got her outfit wrong:

EX #18 should be like this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Not just her Android arc outfit without jacket like you noted.

Also I agree that would be a good idea to have characters with different outfits (HE, EX and SP) I got SP Piccolo this week and I thought he had his complete outfit, but is just him without weights like every Piccolo.

Enable customize to other characters than Shallot would be a good one too.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs