"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Noah wrote:Amazing! But I cannot fail to notice that with this new one we gonna have now freaking FOUR SP SSJ Goku characters!

[spoiler]Image
Image (Story)[/spoiler]

I'm starting to think that it would hurt to them make an SSJ be an EX char or less yet a HE one. Also both Namek and Android arc SSJ Goku has Instant Kamehameha as their finishing move, so what the point of having another with the same finishing move? :eh:
Namek Goku doesn't have Instant Transmission Kahmehameha. Otherwise, my one is glitchy
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:Namek Goku doesn't have Instant Transmission Kahmehameha. Otherwise, my one is glitchy
Oh you're right, I just checked now it's similar but not quite the same.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Super Vegeta and Super Trunks will come up soon, while I always think it's cool add new characters, I feel they are focusing too much on Super Saiyans.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:51 am

Noah wrote:Super Vegeta and Super Trunks will come up soon, while I always think it's cool add new characters, I feel they are focusing too much on Super Saiyans.
So no change from the source material then?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:39 am

More story up.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:31 pm

We have a new Vegeta event too and now we can't train characters above Lv. 1000 with milk bottles and weights? :eh:

EDIT: These characters now can only train at Kami's Lookout with the Silver Bell item
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:28 pm

"It's too early in the game to reveal that just yet"
This line gives me the mental image of Turles flipping the audience off...

Kanassa wrote:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Yeah... After Vegeta's line about...[spoiler]ancient factions of Saiyans fighting for what they believe is "right or wrong," Shallot is definitely going to be revealed as either the first Super Saiyan God or one of the five Saiyans who put his energy into that Super Saiyan God.[/spoiler]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:59 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Yeah... After Vegeta's line about...[spoiler]ancient factions of Saiyans fighting for what they believe is "right or wrong," Shallot is definitely going to be revealed as either the first Super Saiyan God or one of the five Saiyans who put his energy into that Super Saiyan God.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I mean, at this point it seems more that Shallot's douple ganger is Dragon Ball Thanos who's out to balance the entire Saiyan race.[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:Yeah... After Vegeta's line about...[spoiler]ancient factions of Saiyans fighting for what they believe is "right or wrong," Shallot is definitely going to be revealed as either the first Super Saiyan God or one of the five Saiyans who put his energy into that Super Saiyan God.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I mean, at this point it seems more that Shallot's douple ganger is Dragon Ball Thanos who's out to balance the entire Saiyan race.[/spoiler]
Wtf, what is going on with the plot of this thing? Can someone give me a run down.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:58 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Wtf, what is going on with the plot of this thing? Can someone give me a run down.
After writing all of this down, I was surprised to realize just how much has happened in the game so far...
[spoiler]Shallot, our protag, is an ancient saiyan with memory loss who is one of many that has been thrown into a world spanning tournament that is various fighters across time fighting against one another. Well, I say tournament, but it just a free-for-all with safe zones where everyone is free to fight as they please. When Shallot wakes up, he is found by Future Trunks who explains a few basic things before they are both attacked by Broly, who they can't defeat together. Even when Goku joins in, Trunks seems to end up getting killed when he gets in the way of a balst Broly sends at Shallot.

After this, Shallot meets up with Dragon Ball Bulma and Present Day Jaco, they team up and head to the safe zone city. Shallot goes off to fight a few filler enemies while waiting for his memory to come back or something to happen and ends up saving Kid Gohan and meeting a swordsman called Zahha. Team up, they're beaten by Raditz. Jaco brings them to Beerus and Whis who reveal that they are in the midst of a hostage situation. A mysterious person has captured the Supreme Kai and forced Beerus to use the Super Dragon Balls to create this tournament under the threat of killing Shin. Since Beerus nor Whis can do anything about this situation without risking Shin's life, they get Shallot and Co to investigate undetected (Goku volunteers, but Beerus specifically notes that Goku and his reputation would draw way too much attention since he's too powerful and most participants in this tournament want to kill him). Noting Shallot's failure to beat Raditz, Beerus forces Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Nappa to train Shallot to kill Raditz.

Eventually, you kick Raditz's ass, before he then gets back up and gets the spoopy purple aura. His cruelty triggers Shallot and gives the Saiyan a little power boost to win. Zahha leaves the group and Piccolo takes Gohan away to train while Shallot follows the trail of destruction that apparently HE left. Turns out he has a hooded twin who wants to cleanse and balance the Saiyan race and who Shallot definitely seems to know. Goku comes in to try and fight, but the Hooded Man gets away. Beerus and Whis speculate on this and throw out the possibility of another 'Black situation', but in the end they just don't know. As the story continues, Turles ends up kidnapping Bulma under the guise of helping Lord Frieza, only for Shallot to learn that a 'fake' Lord Frieza is leading the Frieza force now (Right now, I'm assuming it's either Frost or Cooler) and thus has to ally himself with Frieza to fight the 'imposter', playing double agent. A few more fights and Turles seems to make it clear that he's playing both sides, supplying 'Frieza' with fruit from the tree of might while also helping Shallot out.

Frieza gets Shallot to bring in new recruits alongside Appule, who basically acts as Shallot's number one fan (Who ends up almost blowing Shallot's cover when mistaking Tien and Yamcha greeting 'Lord Shallot' as an insult). Shallot recruits Nappa and Vegeta for support while Appule recruits... Android 19. Who, upon meeting Frieza, gleefully informs them that he's a spy and has transmitted the location to the Red Ribbon Army base. He escapes and Frieza executes Appule for the screw up, which pisses Shallot off. However, when Shallot ttries to attack Frieza, Vegeta gets in the way and fights Shallot, telling Shallot that they have to bide their time and wait for the right moment if they want to beat Frieza. Otherwise, how are they going to rescue Bulma?[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:15 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: [spoiler]I mean, at this point it seems more that Shallot's douple ganger is Dragon Ball Thanos who's out to balance the entire Saiyan race.[/spoiler]
After writing all of this down, I was surprised to realize just how much has happened in the game so far...
[spoiler]Shallot, our protag, is an ancient saiyan with memory loss who is one of many that has been thrown into a world spanning tournament that is various fighters across time fighting against one another. Well, I say tournament, but it just a free-for-all with safe zones where everyone is free to fight as they please. When Shallot wakes up, he is found by Future Trunks who explains a few basic things before they are both attacked by Broly, who they can't defeat together. Even when Goku joins in, Trunks seems to end up getting killed when he gets in the way of a balst Broly sends at Shallot.

After this, Shallot meets up with Dragon Ball Bulma and Present Day Jaco, they team up and head to the safe zone city. Shallot goes off to fight a few filler enemies while waiting for his memory to come back or something to happen and ends up saving Kid Gohan and meeting a swordsman called Zahha. Team up, they're beaten by Raditz. Jaco brings them to Beerus and Whis who reveal that they are in the midst of a hostage situation. A mysterious person has captured the Supreme Kai and forced Beerus to use the Super Dragon Balls to create this tournament under the threat of killing Shin. Since Beerus nor Whis can do anything about this situation without risking Shin's life, they get Shallot and Co to investigate undetected (Goku volunteers, but Beerus specifically notes that Goku and his reputation would draw way too much attention since he's too powerful and most participants in this tournament want to kill him). Noting Shallot's failure to beat Raditz, Beerus forces Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Nappa to train Shallot to kill Raditz.

Eventually, you kick Raditz's ass, before he then gets back up and gets the spoopy purple aura. His cruelty triggers Shallot and gives the Saiyan a little power boost to win. Zahha leaves the group and Piccolo takes Gohan away to train while Shallot follows the trail of destruction that apparently HE left. Turns out he has a hooded twin who wants to cleanse and balance the Saiyan race and who Shallot definitely seems to know. Goku comes in to try and fight, but the Hooded Man gets away. Beerus and Whis speculate on this and throw out the possibility of another 'Black situation', but in the end they just don't know. As the story continues, Turles ends up kidnapping Bulma under the guise of helping Lord Frieza, only for Shallot to learn that a 'fake' Lord Frieza is leading the Frieza force now (Right now, I'm assuming it's either Frost or Cooler) and thus has to ally himself with Frieza to fight the 'imposter', playing double agent. A few more fights and Turles seems to make it clear that he's playing both sides, supplying 'Frieza' with fruit from the tree of might while also helping Shallot out.

Frieza gets Shallot to bring in new recruits alongside Appule, who basically acts as Shallot's number one fan (Who ends up almost blowing Shallot's cover when mistaking Tien and Yamcha greeting 'Lord Shallot' as an insult). Shallot recruits Nappa and Vegeta for support while Appule recruits... Android 19. Who, upon meeting Frieza, gleefully informs them that he's a spy and has transmitted the location to the Red Ribbon Army base. He escapes and Frieza executes Appule for the screw up, which pisses Shallot off. However, when Shallot ttries to attack Frieza, Vegeta gets in the way and fights Shallot, telling Shallot that they have to bide their time and wait for the right moment if they want to beat Frieza. Otherwise, how are they going to rescue Bulma?[/spoiler]
Why the fuck does this have the best story since movie BoG?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:51 pm

I just can't get enough of clicking on Saiyan arc Vegeta on the main screen just for him to say: "I'll show the overwhelming power of a Saiyan Elite" (in japanese of course) :D

Kanassa wrote:[spoiler]Shallot, our protag, is an ancient saiyan with memory loss who is one of many that has been thrown into a world spanning tournament that is various fighters across time fighting against one another. Well, I say tournament, but it just a free-for-all with safe zones where everyone is free to fight as they please. When Shallot wakes up, he is found by Future Trunks who explains a few basic things before they are both attacked by Broly, who they can't defeat together. Even when Goku joins in, Trunks seems to end up getting killed when he gets in the way of a balst Broly sends at Shallot.

You did a good rundown now, mate. You addressed points that I didn't get it on the gameplay until now, thanks for that. You should do more :)
ekrolo2 wrote:Why the fuck does this have the best story since movie BoG?
Perhaps because we have better writers in side projects than we have in the main ones :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:44 am

Kanassa wrote:[spoiler]Shallot, our protag, is an ancient saiyan with memory loss who is one of many that has been thrown into a world spanning tournament that is various fighters across time fighting against one another. Well, I say tournament, but it just a free-for-all with safe zones where everyone is free to fight as they please. When Shallot wakes up, he is found by Future Trunks who explains a few basic things before they are both attacked by Broly, who they can't defeat together. Even when Goku joins in, Trunks seems to end up getting killed when he gets in the way of a balst Broly sends at Shallot.

You forgot to say that in the last batch of episodes we have

[spoiler]Shallot fighting some members of the Ginuy Tokusentai and ending recruiting them, we also have Frieza killing Zarbon and Dodoria for having trouble realised that they are working for a fake frieza.

I love how both Vegeta and Shallot are annoyed at Ginuy cheerful attitude towards his master Frieza. :lol:[/spoiler]

The thing is that with Legends we are not yet at meeting characters such as I Shiron or Hatchiyack or heck maybe Kanba or Mira, this game will have the best story of Dragon Ball gaming history. And Shallot are not yet in Super Saiyan.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:59 am

Too bad not all the characters are recruitable in the story. It'd be interesting if events of the game changed based on who recruited.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:40 am

For this game I wish they change how we obtain new characters.

I wish they put ways to have hero characters through story mode, extreme characters through event and online fight and sparking through every 20 level reached. In addition to the draw.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:45 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
You forgot to say that in the last batch of episodes we have

[spoiler]Shallot fighting some members of the Ginuy Tokusentai and ending recruiting them, we also have Frieza killing Zarbon and Dodoria for having trouble realised that they are working for a fake frieza.[/spoiler]
Didn't think that it was an important thing to mention :D
[spoiler]Though Captain Ginyu storming in mid-fight to tell the Ginyu Force that they're fighting the obvious real Frieza was pretty funny. "His style, his grace, his grandeur. THAT IS OUR GLORIOUS LEADER!"[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Anyone having any cards of Android 19, 20 and Freeza's 2nd and 3rd forms can please post their victory screens? I want to take a better look at their models and you can't get that anywhere.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:22 am

Does anything happen in the new story mode? After two decades of playing Dragon Ball games, it is like Shin Budokais, Budokai 2, FighterZ, Bukuu Tougeki all over again, but with fighting tons of Appules, Saibaimen and recolored Appules and Saibaimen...
Same as people getting bored from the fight from Raditz to Buu over the ages, these alternate events that try to incorporate iconic villains are starting to be really boring.
I remember in Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans that it was like, hmmm, interesting Turles, Slug, Cooler... now it is like, hmm, Freeza, Cell, wonder when Cooler and others comes out of some interdimensional portal or Dragon Balls, or anything.
I just can't get myself to finish the story mode and just skim trough the dialogues and as I have overpowered characters, I have even less mood to finish all the challenges.
I liked the end part of the first chapter and was kinda bored by Raditz already, but this is tedious. Not to mention still not having Final form Freeza even when the Imperial Event was on again...
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Draconic wrote:Anyone having any cards of Android 19, 20 and Freeza's 2nd and 3rd forms can please post their victory screens? I want to take a better look at their models and you can't get that anywhere.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
MCDaveG wrote:I just can't get myself to finish the story mode and just skim trough the dialogues and as I have overpowered characters, I have even less mood to finish all the challenges.
I liked the end part of the first chapter and was kinda bored by Raditz already, but this is tedious. Not to mention still not having Final form Freeza even when the Imperial Event was on again...
Yeah, I may agree with a thing or two, don't like fighting the same enemies over and over again, but the thing about the story mode is paying attention to the dialogues, sure some events are boring, but they do help you to get more Souls fast to raise your characters stats.

Now that I cleared everything, I just play the PVP to get more golden adventures to get tons of souls, money and the Zeni event until I wait for the next book/event.

I see what they are doing: slowly releasing new characters from the series sagas to keep us invested on the game and frankly I think it's a good strategy.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs