What would Xenoverse 3 need to be better than previews 3D DB games?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DI297
Beyond Newbie

What would Xenoverse 3 need to be better than previews 3D DB games?

Post by DI297 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:10 pm

These are the things that for me the game needs to improve:

- Add the rest of the races that are already in DBH (Demon, Shinjin and Android) with androids being Cell-like only since humans are pretty much the same as the other androids.
-Have new transformations for every race (Demon god for demons, God of creation for Shinjins, Super Perfect for androids, SSG, Ssj4 and SSBE for saiyans, 100% for Humans, Metal and Full power for Frieza's race, Red eyes for Namekians, Super Majin for Majins and Ultra Instinct for every race).
-Have weapon based movesets (Pole and sword).
-Make the ssj transformations be more than just a recolor but also have shape differences like in the anime.
-Be able to edit the auras.
-Have every version of the same character in a single slot.
-Have DBH characters in the roster.
-Have the rest of the movie characters and OVA characters.
-Better camera angle lock, change that dusty effect the beams have and fix the colors of some attacks.
-Being able to edit the costume's colors.
-Have every character's missing form (Base teen Gohan, Cell 2nd form, etc).
-Have Demigra, Mira's final form and every non-playable boss as part of the roster.
-Have a story based on Mechikaboola, with him regaining his youth and bringing back Mira, Towa, Dabura , Demigra and making Fu join him.
-Have 4 vs 4 fights.

What else would you add?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What would Xenoverse 3 need to be better than previews 3D DB games?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:58 pm

Fix the fucking stamina mechanic.

More customizable options.

Make the models like they were in those cutscenes.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:34 pm

In order to be better than previous Dragon Ball games (no need to specify 3D, it's more a general thing), all it needs to do is to bring more content, information, stuff that adds to the lore and franchise of Dragon Ball. This is enough. We don't need and Dragon Ball games must not return to that boring era of retelling Raditz to Buu without anything new, without contributing with nothing at all that existed before Xenoverse for the console games.

Just continue to bring awesome content and it will already be better than all of the past games. It's not surprising that Xenoverse and FighterZ (and Heroes, of course) are already the best games these days, they dare to bring new stuff, they explore this franchise in the most correct way.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:53 pm

- Better AI (your allies never defend you when your stamina is gone but have no problem getting in your way in the middle of a combo/ultimate attack)
- Priority for the original characters (Buuhan, Buutenks) over invented characters (Mira, Fuu etc)
- Turning SSJ should replenish life, ki and stamina bar, Freeza should have killed Goku in Namek two episodes after Goku went SSJ if the series was like XV. And UI Goku also against Jiren.
- Have 1 vs 2/3 fights
- Personalized attacks, Beerus shouldn't have the same lame and useless ultimate as Vegeta in Namek or Dodoria, give those to Villain Yamcha or to those characters i'll never use.
- There is always one slot empty regarding ultimate attacks, some even have two empty slots. Give everyone 3 ultimates and 1 evasive movement, or 2 and 2, but use that empty slot.
- Original soundtrack, but I only recall one game having DBZ original soundtrack so I guess there's a legal obstacle regarding that
- Heal your AI allies

Regarding the strongest:
I would like to see like in XV1 charging up ki and stamina at the same time.
- Fix MUI Goku, one and a half life bar and so little stamina that is deplenished too fast doesn't look like the strongest mortal ever. Maybe full ki bar and full stamina with really slow drain, the perfect warrior, and no more stamina drain when dodging (or give that to UI OMEN).
- Fix Jiren, his best ultimate hardly hits home (should chase the enemy, not miss them for barely 2cm because of gravity almost every time) and his other one is that useless attack they give characters they don't care about. I would like also his evasive movement to be that red eyes thing.
-I would add Beerus, Champa and the angels to this list.

I know it would make them almost undefeateable, as they are in the series, but they'd never be as difficult as an online match, besides it wouldn't be just one character, it would be at least 6

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:02 pm

DI297 wrote:These are the things that for me the game needs to improve:

- Add the rest of the races that are already in DBH (Demon, Shinjin and Android) with androids being Cell-like only since humans are pretty much the same as the other androids.
-Have new transformations for every race (Demon god for demons, God of creation for Shinjins, Super Perfect for androids, SSG, Ssj4 and SSBE for saiyans, 100% for Humans, Metal and Full power for Frieza's race, Red eyes for Namekians, Super Majin for Majins and Ultra Instinct for every race).
-Make the ssj transformations be more than just a recolor but also have shape differences like in the anime.
-Better camera angle lock, change that dusty effect the beams have and fix the colors of some attacks.
-Have Demigra, Mira's final form and every non-playable boss as part of the roster.
-Have a story based on Mechikaboola, with him regaining his youth and bringing back Mira, Towa, Dabura , Demigra and making Fu join him.
-Have 4 vs 4 fights.

What else would you add?
Ultra Instinct should only be unlocked/useable for high level characters. Like level 90, bare minimum.
Having the Cell race would be interesting, but has basically no reason to exist beyond fans wanting it (Cell was the only one of his kind, and his "kids" were wiped out).
Appropriate transformations/power ups for the other races is a must. Like Giant form for Namekians was made useless, and the stamina drain on purified Majin makes male version almost unplayable in higher levels. In short, other than Kaioken, NO stamina drain transformations.
Also, with the Super Saiyan transformations, actually have them affect the hair.
Editing auras should only be for the CaCs, but I agree.
Versions of characters in one slot, I can get behind.
Few people even know who Beat, Note, etc even are.
What, like Ava and Cado, and Tarble? They haven't been mentioned since the OVA and a brief bit in one of the films. But Baby Vegeta needs to be a thing, for sure.
Yeah, those corner cameras tend to really suck. Can't argue with that.
Costume colors, depends on the costume. Maybe something like Beerus' outfit for instance.
Okay.
No. Don't need every unplayable boss in the roster. Not without some major changes to their moves/stats first. Otherwise, they're just a wrecking ball.
Wouldn't mind an extended story version with that in there.
I don't play multiplayer, so that doesn't affect me.

What more I would like, is the CaC's expanded upon as a character. Not just as a powerful and functional mute, but as an actual character. Role playing is fun, but being able to also have dialogue options or something when interacting with other characters would be fun too.
Have a way to keep the story going after the main part. Like little quests in it. Look at the more recent Dynasty Warriors games; along with the main story arcs, you unlock back missions that can influence the main arc. Like beating an enemy before they get in position and save someone whom would otherwise die. Being in the Time Patrol/having Time Travel a key aspect of the game would make this a great way for replay-ability.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:37 pm

I would also like to be able to beam-struggle, press a bunch of buttons at the same time as fast as you can, or whatever, with a cool animation and stuff

DB Final Bout had a vanishing combo which I never got around to, but it was awesome

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:18 am

Stop being a mmo.

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:24 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
DI297 wrote:These are the things that for me the game needs to improve:

-Have 4 vs 4 fights.

What else would you add?
Ultra Instinct should only be unlocked/useable for high level characters. Like level 90, bare minimum.
Having the Cell race would be interesting, but has basically no reason to exist beyond fans wanting it (Cell was the only one of his kind, and his "kids" were wiped out).
Appropriate transformations/power ups for the other races is a must. Like Giant form for Namekians was made useless, and the stamina drain on purified Majin makes male version almost unplayable in higher levels. In short, other than Kaioken, NO stamina drain transformations.
Also, with the Super Saiyan transformations, actually have them affect the hair.
Editing auras should only be for the CaCs, but I agree.
Versions of characters in one slot, I can get behind.
Few people even know who Beat, Note, etc even are.
What, like Ava and Cado, and Tarble? They haven't been mentioned since the OVA and a brief bit in one of the films. But Baby Vegeta needs to be a thing, for sure.
Yeah, those corner cameras tend to really suck. Can't argue with that.
Costume colors, depends on the costume. Maybe something like Beerus' outfit for instance.
Okay.
No. Don't need every unplayable boss in the roster. Not without some major changes to their moves/stats first. Otherwise, they're just a wrecking ball.
Wouldn't mind an extended story version with that in there.
I don't play multiplayer, so that doesn't affect me.

What more I would like, is the CaC's expanded upon as a character. Not just as a powerful and functional mute, but as an actual character. Role playing is fun, but being able to also have dialogue options or something when interacting with other characters would be fun too.
Have a way to keep the story going after the main part. Like little quests in it. Look at the more recent Dynasty Warriors games; along with the main story arcs, you unlock back missions that can influence the main arc. Like beating an enemy before they get in position and save someone whom would otherwise die. Being in the Time Patrol/having Time Travel a key aspect of the game would make this a great way for replay-ability.
The Cell thing is a fanservice thing just like the majins and the Frieza's race, it doesn't have to fit in the story since this isn't canon after all and after Cell and the Cell Jrs there's also Cell X so having more Cells makes sense, when I said DBH characters I wasnt talking about the heroes but characters like Mechikaboola, Shroom, etc and there's more OVA characters besides Abo, Cado and Tarble, like Hatchijack, Chilled, etc.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Kind of "meh" on Hatchiyak.
And Chilled... The only time we see him, is in the controversial Episode of Bardock. A special most wish didn't exist in the first place (I'm more neutral towards it, personally).

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:49 pm

Chilled is required for Bardock to have an actual reason to use his Super Saiyan form. Without him, all we can do is Super Saiyan Bardock vs Freeza... Oh, because Chilled is only playable in Dragon Ball Heroes. I think it's about time he appears in other games as well and that are available for everyone.

It was the same case with Vegetto, he was pointless without Super Buu with Ultimate Gohan absorbed. Surely we can use these characters in other situations, to battle with other characters but they would all be what-if (and for entertaining through the awesome dialogues one might have with the other).

As much as I want Tarble, specially because of the interactions he would have with other characters, he will be pointless without Abo and Cado. Characters need their own antagonist to make a better contrast with one another.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:10 pm

What about some DB characters? Kid Goku, Roshi, Tao Pai Pai and some others would be cool

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:05 pm

For Me

Graphics boost

Character Customization Area

- New Race: Demons

- Many new Hairstyles & Facial features pulled from the Characters introduced in the ToP Arc plus other characters like Vados & some of the other hairstyles of older characters such as 23rd WT Chi-Chi & End of Saiyan Saga Bulma

- Race exclusive options (Example: Saiyans can have a real Tail)

- Base Form Aura Choice

- New Sliders (Breasts for ladies) & (Muscle bulge for guys)

- 1 height increase added

- several new voice options

CaC Skills

- Transformation: SSJ God, MAX Power, Super Namek, Darkness, Demon God

- Skills for CaC: Surging Spirit, Soaring Fist, Godly Display, Skills from new characters & updated variants

Roster

- XV2 Full Roster (Base Roster + all Dlc characters)

- GT: Oceanus Shenron, Majuub, SB2 Vegeta

- ToP Arc: Kefla, Toppo, Destroyer Toppo, Dyspo, Jiren, Limit Break Jiren, UI Omen Goku, SSJ Blue Evolution Vegeta, True Golden Frieza, Ribrianne, Roshi, Kale (Berserker), Kale, Caulifla, SSJ2 Cabba, Rage Trunks, Corrupted Fused Zamasu

Story

A Story that works more like the Tokipedia thing

New Stages

- ToP Arena (Normal,Damaged,Shattered), Wildlife island, Tien's Dojo, Baba's Palace entrance

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:42 pm

I would like to see Golden Ohzaru Vegeta Baby

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:11 pm

The main problem is the fighting. The fighting isn't any good and it's all because of the flying.

They'd need to get rid of the flying entirely in order to make a good fighting game but they can't for a game like this.

So they can't really do anything about it.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Koitsukai wrote:I would like to see Golden Ohzaru Vegeta Baby
He’s already in the game
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Bullza wrote:The main problem is the fighting. The fighting isn't any good and it's all because of the flying.

They'd need to get rid of the flying entirely in order to make a good fighting game but they can't for a game like this.

So they can't really do anything about it.
One of the only things every DBZ to DBS fight have in common is that there is flight involved. All DB 3D games before XV had flight so taking it away would just get people mad it would be more of a hassle. Most of the fighting mechanics need flight to work well.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:32 pm

ZeroDio wrote:For Me

Graphics boost

Character Customization Area

- New Race: Demons

- Many new Hairstyles & Facial features pulled from the Characters introduced in the ToP Arc plus other characters like Vados & some of the other hairstyles of older characters such as 23rd WT Chi-Chi & End of Saiyan Saga Bulma

- Race exclusive options (Example: Saiyans can have a real Tail)

- Base Form Aura Choice

- New Sliders (Breasts for ladies) & (Muscle bulge for guys)

- 1 height increase added

- several new voice options

CaC Skills

- Transformation: SSJ God, MAX Power, Super Namek, Darkness, Demon God

- Skills for CaC: Surging Spirit, Soaring Fist, Godly Display, Skills from new characters & updated variants

Roster

- XV2 Full Roster (Base Roster + all Dlc characters)

- GT: Oceanus Shenron, Majuub, SB2 Vegeta

- ToP Arc: Kefla, Toppo, Destroyer Toppo, Dyspo, Jiren, Limit Break Jiren, UI Omen Goku, SSJ Blue Evolution Vegeta, True Golden Frieza, Ribrianne, Roshi, Kale (Berserker), Kale, Caulifla, SSJ2 Cabba, Rage Trunks, Corrupted Fused Zamasu

Story

A Story that works more like the Tokipedia thing

New Stages

- ToP Arena (Normal,Damaged,Shattered), Wildlife island, Tien's Dojo, Baba's Palace entrance
Part 2

Partner Customization

- More Special Costumes (that can be unlocked through Special Missions and not the TP Gift thing)

- Partners have way more Skills (Example: Android 18 being able to use all Android related Moves plus some of Cell & Krillin moves)

- Partner Aura Change

Hero Colosseum

- updated more frequently

CaC Costumes

- make many of the Color Restricted Costumes unrestricted

- Costumes from: Caulifla, Kale, Heles, Bulma (Android Saga, Resurrection F, When she wore the Scouter in Roshi's House, Bojack Unbound), Android 18 (Early Buu Saga, BoG), Katopesla, Hop, Danger Trio, Erasa, Bulma's Mom

DLC

Be abit more expansive to where if a new character is added and if their hairstyle & facial features aren't in CaC Customization then those are added in the Customization options

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:28 pm

All I want from XV3 is:

- More CAC Parts (more girly hairstyles for HUF/SYF, more hairstyles for other races, more colourable outfits, more races, body shapes, ages, aura colour etc)
- Original DB (god forbid)

Stuff like the new movie, ToP, more Heroes stuff is guaranteed. :D
We will have Caulifla, Kale, Ribrianne, Yamoshi etc definately.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:38 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:One of the only things every DBZ to DBS fight have in common is that there is flight involved. All DB 3D games before XV had flight so taking it away would just get people mad it would be more of a hassle. Most of the fighting mechanics need flight to work well.
Yeah but by having flight it means the stages have to be large. Which means you can spend half your time in the fight, not actually fighting but travelling around or just hiding to recover Ki.

It can really mess up the camera angles and it just makes fights sloppy and slow paced. You could be close to your opponent and doing combos and missing them up because he's just slightly above you.

With something like FighterZ that isn't a thing, so you can just get on with it and fight.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:58 am

One thing I would do is make the dodging more like BT and RB games. I liked when it came down to improving your timing, but it’s super annoying when you’re caught with low stamina and there’s absolutely nothing you can do.

The character models needs changing, and effects could do with changing, mainly the aura. But in particular the character models are pretty bad. They had a slight excuse when Xenoverse was also on PS3, but now they’ve fully moved to this gen they need changing.

Combos need adding to the fighting, maybe add more combos that integrate the directional buttons too, add the ability to charge strikes almost any time in the combo and throw in the ability to guard in different directions to break the opponents combo. I think it was like that in the BT games, and even though I’m not a massive fan of them games, the combat could be pretty intense at times, something Xenoverse lacks.

Integrate more team mechanics. The ability to grab an opponent so a teammate can charge up an attack, I can’t think of much else tbh, but I’m sure there’s more things. Maybe add beam struggles and teammates can join in.

Add more customisation to CaC, and implement customisation for the races transformations too. The SSJ forms in particular stand out with this one.

I’d have two story modes, one which is more like the Tokipedia, and another which is the original story. I want a quality, and very true to the show story mode. Think the best one we’ve had was budokai, and that didn’t even get through the main story. So I would love a story mode that manages to match or even beat that and go straight the way through to the current stuff.

The Hub world could do with having the movement sped up. I don’t really know what else to say about that.