Dragon Ball: FighterZ Season 2 DLC Wishlist?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball: FighterZ Season 2 DLC Wishlist?

Post by Logania » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Tai Lung wrote:well ... my list

Well, considering everything about the leak being correct so far even release order, 17 and Cooler are already gonna be checked off the wish list before season 2 even starts.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:35 pm

DLC 1
Muten Roshi
Lunch/Launch

DLC 2
Chi-Chi
Videl

DLC 3
Caulifla (w/ Kale)
Jiren

DLC 4
Gogeta
Janemba
Caulifla best girl! :)

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:37 am

DLC 1 (Dragon Ball Pack)
Muten Roshi
Kid Goku

DLC 2 (GT Pack)
Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta
Omega Shenron

DLC 3 (U6 Saiyans pack)
Cabba
Caulifla and Kale

DLC 4 (Pride Troopers pack)
Toppo with Dyspo
Jiren
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:56 am

Movie DLC:
Gogeta; Janemba (would be weird having Gogeta without someone to do a dramatic finish on. Ofcourse the Jelly bean stage is a must). Or maybe Kefla and make it a Fusions DLC again

Human DLC:
Roshi (Beefed up); Videl with Saiyaman

U6:
Kale with Caulifla; Cabba (even though he doesn't have much to offer)

can't think of anything else important or necessary.. I guess Jiren with UI Goku, but that feels more like a Season 3 thing if that ever happens

EDIT: wait a sec, they're doing one good guy one bad guy, the way the selection screen is split and all. My list doesnt work that way

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:18 am

Remember one theoritical thing in your choices: it seems each DLC character has to bring one of those amazing Dramatic Finishes.

So for example, if you bring Janemba without Gogeta or Gogeta without Janemba, what the hell are they gonna do for a Dramatic Finish?
Of course, maybe we'll be proven wrong about the "mandatory Dramatic Finishes" rule with a DLC character not having a new scene to come with him (DBS C-17 for example, though my guess is that we'll have a what-if scene against Cell), but until now, the Dramatic Finishes are one of the appealing things of those DLCs that are promoted on the V-Jump, sort of like "and take an exclusive look at this edition's Dramatic Finishes, because of course each character comes with new scenes!".

And of course, it would be unfair if only one of the two warriors in the "new pack" had extra scenes to offer compared to the other: what if someone pays one of them and not the other one, does he pay the same price for no extra scene? In that sense, Bardack and Broly both had 2 scenes for it to be fair, Vegetto and Zamasu both had one scene, etc... Each pack has to offer characters that both offer Dramatic Finishes, and the same number of Dramatic Finishes for each.

So whatever wishlist you make, you have to think of this crucial detail: does this character bring at least one potential Dramatic Finish with him? Can you pair him/her with an existing character of the roster to recreate a scene or create a what-if scene that made people fantasize about it? While keeping in mind that only bad guys can be destroyed in Dramatic Finishes, so all Dramatic Finishes must include a bad guy? If those conditions are not met, you can scratch him off your list until we get proof that it's possible for them to offer DLC characters that bring no Dramatic Finishes... which would be a disappointment, since getting new Dramatic Finishes is one of the appeals of those DLCs.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:13 pm

I want to add one more to my list
FoolsGil wrote: Dragonball
Tao
Roshi

Z
Zarbon with Dodoria
Gero with #19

Movies
#13 with #14 and #15
Zangya

GT
Pan
SSJ4 Vegeta

Dragonball
(Young) Tenshinhan

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm

I want to see the following packs (don't know how many DLC seasons they will take, possibly 3 most DLC seasons):

(DB reps)
Muten Roshi (with buffed up version as an install or lvl 3 Kamehameha)
Kid Goku

(U11's second fiddles)
Dyspo
God Toppo

(evil androids)
#20 (Dr. Gero)

(U6 saiyans)
Cabba
Cauliffa

(Frieza's henchmen)
Zarbon (monster form as an install or lvl beatdown)
Dodoria

(lil' SSJs)
SSJ Goten
SSJ Kid Trunks

(evil duo)
Janemba
Dabura

(siblings of the protagonists)
Raditz
Tarble

(moar fuzionz)
Kefla
Gogeta

(powerhouses)
Jiren
UI Goku

(trump cards of other universes)
Trio dr dangers
Ribrianne (with her two gals included in moveset)

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Janemba
SSJ Gogeta
Majin Vegeta
Hatchyak
Dyspo/Toppo
Jiren
King Piccolo
Pikkon

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:46 pm

1.)Ribrianne/Brianne ~~~ She a MUST for me to get Back into the Game, while I would really LOVE to have Kakunsa & Rozie as individual Fighters one day to make my whole team the Fireballs, I will take them as support characters for Ribrianne for now.

2.) Kale & Caulifla ~~~ Mostly as Individual Characters and Not as one supporting the other.

3.) Android 17 - Park Ranger ~~~ Needs to be more then a Side Character with how well he performed in the ToP!

4.) Toppo

5.) Jiren

6.) Dabura
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:57 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:1.)Ribrianne/Brianne ~~~ She a MUST for me to get Back into the Game, while I would really LOVE to have Kakunsa & Rozie as individual Fighters one day to make my whole team the Fireballs, I will take them as support characters for Ribrianne for now.

2.) Kale & Caulifla ~~~ Mostly as Individual Characters and Not as one supporting the other.

3.) Android 17 - Park Ranger ~~~ Needs to be more then a Side Character with how well he performed in the ToP!

4.) Toppo

5.) Jiren

6.) Dabura
Android 17 is the last Season 1 DLC character.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:11 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:1.)Ribrianne/Brianne ~~~ She a MUST for me to get Back into the Game, while I would really LOVE to have Kakunsa & Rozie as individual Fighters one day to make my whole team the Fireballs, I will take them as support characters for Ribrianne for now.

4.) Toppo

5.) Jiren

6.) Dabura
Android 17 is the last Season 1 DLC character.
Shows how long I have Not played the Game :lol: , Thanks for the up date. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:32 am

No prob - happy to help.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Here are the characters I am expecting for a potential Season 2 (and they are mostly from Super):

1. Jiren - There is without a shadow of a doubt that Jiren will be among the characters of the next wave of DLC. Though not a villain, but the main antagonist for the ToP and the last one for Super. Expect him in more games from this point forward.
2. Toppo - Once again, strong character from ToP.
3. Ribrianne - Lack of female characters? Here’s one for the roster.
4. Kefla or Caulifla w/ Kale - It is hard to say on which will appear, but if the latter is chosen then maybe Kefla would be involved as a potential level 3 move? Just thinking out loud.

Now, ArcSys could easily fill out the roster of DLC characters with more characters from Super, but unless Cabba and Frost are in the running, I do not see anyone else.
As for other characters to consider:
5. Janemba - His gameplay potential alone make him a worthy candidate for the roster, which is what ArcSys is looking for.
6. Kid Goku - People have pointed out his gameplay potential and I can see it, though "Goku Fatigue" might disqualify him.
7. Omega Shenron - If there was going to be any GT reps, he is on the shortlist for sure.
8. SS4 Gogeta - Same as above.

Wild Card:
Ultra Instinct Goku - I really hope UI Goku is NOT added. The "Goku Fatigue" would be pushed further.
Super Saiyan Blue Evolved Vegeta - Same as above.
Broly (Super) - If a Season 2 of DLC is being developed, a movie tie-in would be hard to pass up.

Outliers:
Roshi - Been given new life thanks to Super, but can he bring what ArcSys is looking for? Sure.
Zarbon - Zarbon has his Monster form that could be an install and could have Dodoria as an assist character. I can see a potential with him. Now if Zarbon (and potentially Dodoria) do not have scouters, this leads me to this conclusion:
Raditz - All of the characters in this game that normally would be depicted with scouters do not have them: Nappa, The Ginyu Force, Bardock, and Saiyan Saga Vegeta (with potentially Zarbon and Dodoria in this category, too). Now, what if ArcSys did not remove them because of aesthetic reasons (the asymetrical excuse does not work because of the base Goku model, Bardock’s scar, and Yamcha’s scar), but for gameplay reasons? Who better to use that mechanic than the character introduced the scouter to the franchise and was too dependent on it? Aside from his other moves, this mechanic could be what Raditz brings to the table. Plus, he is the only remaining member of the Extreme Butoden (developed by ArcSys) playable roster not in FighterZ.
Dr. Gero - Referenced a lot in this game, was a veteran from the Supersonic Warriors series (also developed by ArcSys) and his life drain mechanic to restore his ki bar might be worth looking into.

Here is who I want:

1) Raditz (I just want my favorite character to be involved in the most hype Dragon Ball game of all time)
2) Janemba (reason stated above)
3) Gogeta/SS4 Gogeta (I want to see the Big Bang Kamehameha X 100 in an ArcSys game in all its glory!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRTT8o7_6qc4
4) Omega Shenron (why not?)
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:15 pm

1. Janemba
2. Roshi
3. Kefla or Caulifla w/Kale
4. Jiren
5. Omega Shenron
6. Towa w/Mira or vice versa
7. Gogeta
8. Tapion
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:17 pm

DLC characters need to have Dramatic Finishes link with them. So my DLC Season 2 pack ideas.

Pack 1: UI Goku and Jiren
Dramatic Finishers: Jiren vs. Hit and Jiren pushing back the Genki Dama to SSj Blue Goku.

Pack 2: Majin Vegeta and Dabra
Dramatic Finishers: Majin Vegeta blowing up himself against Fat Buu and Fat Buu eatting Dabra

Pack 3: Raditz and Tullece
Dramatic Finishers: Piccolo killing Raditz & Goku and Goku killing Tullece with the Genki Dama

Pack 4: SSj4 Gogeta and Super Yi Xing Long
Dramatic Finishers: SSj4 Gogeta's Big Bang Kamehameha on Super Yi Xing Long
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Dramatic Finishers

Tao losing to Tenshinhan at the WMAT stage: Tao fires the Super Dodonpa. Tenshinhan kiais it away, and knocks out Tao

Roshi defeating Yamcha, Krillin, and Base Goku at the WMAT stage: All Variations of their defeat at the 21st Budokai.
Roshi losing to Piccolo: Uses the Mafuba, misses the attack like with King Piccolo, dies.

Zarbon defeating Base Vegeta at Namek: play by play of how Vegeta lost the first fight.
Base Vegeta defeating Zarbon at Namek: Play by play of how Zarbon lost the second fight

Gero defeating Yamcha: Hole in the chest like in canon. :sick:
Gero losing to Super Saiyan Vegeta: Variation of 19's death by Big Bang Attack

#13 losing to Base Goku? Maybe make it Super Saiyan Goku: Goku absorbs the Spirit Bomb, defeats 13 like in the movie.

Zangya defeating Krillin at Dead Namek: Play by play of Krillin getting his ass kicked, also with that cheesy line "I think she likes me!"

Pan: Unknown. May need something original or a variation of a scene in Z, the movies, or Super.
SSJ4 Vegeta: Unknown. I need to finish rewatching GT.

(Young) Tenshinhan
Defeating Yamcha: Breaking his Leg
Defeating Base Goku: Variation of Goku's defeat at the 22nd Budokai
Defeated by Nappa: Dies against him like in Canon, with the Spirit Kikoho
Defeating Cell: Variation of canon, the Shin Kikoho destroys him

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:01 am

I don't understand why a small margin of people are including characters like Lunch/Bulma/Chi-Chi in their list. Really doesn't fit the game at all and their only argument is usually "well, girls need equal representation too!" Don't get me wrong, there's a time and place for that, but to spout some PC stuff like that about a game that is primarily based on (we're talking about Z here) dudes flying around beating the shit out of each other seems absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't mind 18 or Videl (and we have 18) but to shoehorn female characters just for the sake of some misguided snowflake ideology (at least concerning "equal representation in Dragonball") seems absolutely ridiculous. At that point, the Turtle from Master Roshi's island seems like a good character. Hell, let's make the Tree in the Turles movie a character as well.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:49 am

supersaiyanZero wrote:I don't understand why a small margin of people are including characters like Lunch/Bulma/Chi-Chi in their list. Really doesn't fit the game at all and their only argument is usually "well, girls need equal representation too!" Don't get me wrong, there's a time and place for that, but to spout some PC stuff like that about a game that is primarily based on (we're talking about Z here) dudes flying around beating the shit out of each other seems absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't mind 18 or Videl (and we have 18) but to shoehorn female characters just for the sake of some misguided snowflake ideology (at least concerning "equal representation in Dragonball") seems absolutely ridiculous. At that point, the Turtle from Master Roshi's island seems like a good character. Hell, let's make the Tree in the Turles movie a character as well.
I actually agree. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only female characters that have any business being in DBFZ (that aren't already in the game) are Caulifla, Towa, Kale, Pan, Kefla, Zangya, Chronoa and arguably Videl.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:17 am

supersaiyanZero wrote:I don't understand why a small margin of people are including characters like Lunch/Bulma/Chi-Chi in their list. Really doesn't fit the game at all and their only argument is usually "well, girls need equal representation too!" Don't get me wrong, there's a time and place for that, but to spout some PC stuff like that about a game that is primarily based on (we're talking about Z here) dudes flying around beating the shit out of each other seems absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't mind 18 or Videl (and we have 18) but to shoehorn female characters just for the sake of some misguided snowflake ideology (at least concerning "equal representation in Dragonball") seems absolutely ridiculous. At that point, the Turtle from Master Roshi's island seems like a good character. Hell, let's make the Tree in the Turles movie a character as well.
I really don't see how Videl is so much more fitting towards FighterZ than Chi-Chi. The only distinct advantage she has over Chi-Chi is that she can fly and she's not even good at that. Besides, who needs bukujutsu when you can casually jump hundreds of feet?

Anyways, the reason I include Chi-Chi is simply because I think her fighting style is visually distinct and a good representation of the series' early years (back when martial arts actually mattered). Her solo fight with Goku alone is more than enough to supplement normals so ArcSystem can afford to get creative with her moveset.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 pm

ricky84 wrote:
I actually agree. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only female characters that have any business being in DBFZ (that aren't already in the game) are Caulifla, Towa, Kale, Pan, Kefla, Zangya, Chronoa and arguably Videl.
Ribrianne also gets a mention in that category.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif